“The name is exactly what it is” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #155 of 1,784 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The word prime - which we define as perfection - serves to demonstrate the philosophy guiding our restaurant; that is, to offer perfection in all areas of catering. Our mission is to provide an outstanding dining experience for our guests with exceptional foods, fantastic wines, and attentive service all in an elegant environment.Our motto: “Guests may only be dazzled by creative dishes which are simple in nature and prepared to technological perfection, paired with exemplary service.Prime Steak and Wine is one of Budapest’s best and most enjoyable restaurants with its high standards, up-to-date kitchen technology, unmatched wine selection and attentive service. Prime Steak & Wine accommodates its guests with business lunches, a wide selection of a-la-carte dinner entries, approximately 200 different wines, expansive selection of cocktails, along with matching service.
Amsterdam, Netherlands
“The name is exactly what it is”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Indeed if you want prime steak and wine, this is the place. Pricey. The exact same wine is for half the price at Klassz on Andrassy, but this place has a totally different vibe. Very trendy, international., hip place to be. Sit outside or inside. Food simple, good service, excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
“Perfect Steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Visited the place with friends and tried both the 2 person steak combo (Omaha New York strip, Black Angus Rib Eye & Argentin Filet Mignon) and the quality filet mignon selection. All meats were top quality, cooked to perfection and the souces were just amazing.

I would speed up the service a little as we had to wait 45 mins for the main courses but other than that waiters were kind and helpful.

I definitely recommend this restaurant to any steak-lover!

Visited April 2014
Budapest, Hungary
“What a great time again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

As because the first time I had an amazing time with my partner, I decided to bring my office for a business meeting. That was a very good idea! The service (we were not the easiest customers) was excellent.
The food is fresh and the steak was exactly how we wanted.
I will surely go again and I know I will not be disappointed.

Linz, Austria
“Perfect Dinner!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We had a reservation and were seated close to the reserved time. There were many people who where waiting for a table. Drinks at the bar was of high quality. The service was very good,and timed nicely throughout the meal. We didn´t feel rushed through the meal at all. The asparagus cream soup was very creamy and tasty. The ribeye was cooked as requested,and nicely,and the filet mignon (omaha steak)was also very good. The creamed corn and vegetables were similarly good. Over all the ambience,food,and service make Prime fabulous steakhause that should not be missed. We're going to back soon,because we live now in Budapest ....

Congratulation to management !!!

Budapest, Hungary
“Prime food with premium prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I visited the restaurant with my collegues. The premium quality can be felt everywhere in the reataurant, the staff is very professional.
The food has excellent quality, and quite big portions. So finish with the food before you order the next course.

I tried the Prime Selection (appetizer). Traditional hungarian food selection. Very good if you want to taste hungarian food. I also tried the Foie gras ice cream. Whoa! Not a traditional ice cream but give it a try. I liked it very much,

There is a huge selection of hamburgers and steaks, I think you will find what you like. But if you cannot decide, you can choose the Fillet mignon tasting option, where you will get 4x90 gr of different steaks.

The prices are quite high (compared to the hungarian average), but you will have premium service and food.