“Best Steak in Budapest” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #187 of 1,867 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The word prime - which we define as perfection - serves to demonstrate the philosophy guiding our restaurant; that is, to offer perfection in all areas of catering. Our mission is to provide an outstanding dining experience for our guests with exceptional foods, fantastic wines, and attentive service all in an elegant environment.Our motto: “Guests may only be dazzled by creative dishes which are simple in nature and prepared to technological perfection, paired with exemplary service.Prime Steak and Wine is one of Budapest’s best and most enjoyable restaurants with its high standards, up-to-date kitchen technology, unmatched wine selection and attentive service. Prime Steak & Wine accommodates its guests with business lunches, a wide selection of a-la-carte dinner entries, approximately 200 different wines, expansive selection of cocktails, along with matching service.
“Best Steak in Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I have been looking for a place where I can have prime quality of steak ever since we moved to Hungary. I tried many places but the steaks I had were just not up to my standards. Until I went to the Prime. Add its name suggests, I got the very best quality of steaks. Yes, it is pricy but it's with it.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
“Excellent meat, expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went there Fri night (March 23), place was quite busy, mostly with tourists. We didnt have starters, took 180g Agnus steaks, grilled vegetables as one side dish and baked potato as other. Sauces were something with peppers and mushrooms. Had glasses of Hungarian red wine (0,15dl) and Irish coffees as dessert. This cost us 25 000huf (including 12% service fee). So compared to other ones we went earlier it was the most expensive one - but we knew it beforehand so it wasnt a surprise.

Steak and vegetables were excellent and tasty, baked potato and sauces were ok. Irish coffee was really good (compared to the ones we had earlier had in Budabest). Service was very good, they spoke english very well. Nice place all in all.

Would I go there again, definitely yes, if someone else was paying :D there were some really tasty but expensive beef choices available, which would be nice to have.

Chicago, Illinois
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The room is nice and pleasant and the service was good that was the highlight of the experience though, cause lets face it folks a steakhouse is all about the steak.

The meat was fairly tender, but not marbled at all. I ordered my Argentine T-bone as usual bleu (or Blood rare) and when it arrived at the table it was seared on the outside, and all the way through to the center - cooked too long on too high a flame. There was lots of sinew in it as it was not properly trimmed - served just like it came from the butcher shop.

A good steakhouse is about more than just the meat it is supposed to know how to trim a steak for proper preparation and presentation. This was a long way from the great steaks you get at places like Peter Lugar's in NYC, L’Entrecôte in Paris or Cabana Las Lilas in Buenos Aires or Sostanza in Florence.

Bottom line it is OK not great but OK.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Budapest, Hungary
“Delicious steaks and fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

First and foremost the steaks are just amazing. Comparable or better than anything at Pampas or KNRDY. (other steakhouses in Budapest) I had the Rib-Eye and my wife had Filet Mignons tasting menu which she rated highly. The service we received was very good, and we chatted to the friendly waitress.This is a top-quality place, as we learned when we walked in. The staff is very well trained, from showing us to our table to taking our orders and the atmosphere is high class yet comfy. We were taken to a window table that had a view. Our waitress had a thorough knowledge of the menu and could therefore answer any question or clarify any doubts. Appetizers were very good, as were the main dishes. Very nice wine list, as you would expect, with several reasonably priced bottles on the excellent rating side as a nice surprise. Everyone from the hostess to the manager was very nice and super attentive, truly a fine dining experience. Being American, but I live in Budapest, and I am very picky when it comes to steak. The  largest and most fantastic selection of steaks, great quality and not overpriced. This is our favorite restaurant. Everyone should try it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best restaurant in Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time, that I write on Tripadvisor, but I would like to share one of the best experiences in Budapest. Our friend who lives in Budapest recommended the place. When we arrived the restaurant was full of foreign and local guest. The restaurant is large, cosmopolitan, but cozy. We had a great waiter who told us the history of the restaurant and also wrote down places where we should go whilst in Budapest. The food was superb as was the wine. It was my wife Birthday and they brought her out a special dessert. I had the Usda T-Bone which was delicious and my wife had the Filet Mignon steak which she said was great. I could not wish for more than this restaurant's food, service, cleanliness, atmosphere, decor. Best restaurant we have ever been to in Budapest. Everyone should try this unless you are a vegan or vegetarian!