“Not as cheap as other Hungarian places but worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Pampa Steakhouse

La Pampa Steakhouse
21 Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Street, Budapest 1063, Hungary (Terézváros)
+36 1 354 1444
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #155 of 1,794 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Terézváros
Description: Our main aim at La Pampa Steakhouse is to provide a touch of Argentina to our guests by offering the finest quality steaks and wines which reflect the passion of this country.
Sutton, United Kingdom
“Not as cheap as other Hungarian places but worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Me and my wife visited here whilst on a city break a few weeks back. The waitress when we arrived was very arrogant and i was glad we had nothing else to do with her other than her showing us to our table. She really needs some training on how to greet guests, although she seemed fine with Hungarian people. Our actual server was very good. Food was pretty good, although the portions were not huge. Everything was cooked well, and the wine was lovely, and the price was good for that considering. This is definetely a place for a special occasion, and would possibly come back here again. They are mixing fine service in what is essentially steak house which does work to a degree, but not in my eyes not necessary. Would possibly come back when we next visit to try other things on the menu.

Banbury, Oxfordshire
“Argentinian Cuisine in the Heart of Budapest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We went to Budapest on a 4-night city break. We stayed at the Marmara Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis so every evening we looked forward to a dining experience within walking distance of our hotel.

Whichever country I happen to be visiting I always try and taste the local cuisine and this visit to Budapest was no exception. However, on one of our evenings my partner and I fancied a nice steak. Having done my research before leaving home, we had decided to visit La Pampa Steakhouse on Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Street.

We didn't bother with a reservation (we visited on a Wed evening) and upon arrival we were shown to a table without any fuss. We sank into the sumptuous white leather armchairs and our English speaking waiter handed us copies of their extensive food and wine menus.

There were many dishes on offer; too numerous to mention here; suffice to say that steaks from Kobe, Angus and Hungarian cattle were on offer and cooked to order.

Many side dishes were available to accompany our steaks. I chose steak chips and spinach cooked in cream.

After an unhurried 3-course meal we were glad of the walk back to our hotel!!

Whilst the quality of the food, wine and service were excellent, the prices were very reasonable for that standard and I would not hesitate to recommend La Pampa to anyone who fancies a different dining experience in Budapest.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Succulent steak in the centre of Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Final night of our 5 day stay, and we wanted to experience a steakhouse in Budapest. I did some research on here and decided to go for La Pampa, after reading the excellent reviews! It was a Monday night, greeted on entrance, coats taken and had the choice of free tables (without a reservation).

Service was faultless, drink orders taken swiftly and bread with garlic butter promptly arrived. We browsed the long menu of steaks, sides and sauces! My girlfriend went with the Angus Tenderloin 200g (medium-well), while I was struggling between the T 550g steak or the La Pampa 550g steak but with the waiters recommendation I went for the latter served medium-rare. We shared chips, garlic mash, garlic and bbq sauce.

The steaks were exquisit, best we have both ever eaten served exactly as requested with tasty sides and sauces, I would recommend the garlic mash!

Thoroughly recommend La Pampa if you want a steak, great service, mouthwatering steaks and great atmosphere with chic decor.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wigan, United Kingdom
“great steaks and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The steak was the best steak weve ever had! cooked perfectly, tasty sauces and side dishes but its not just the steak that was good starters and desserts where also excellant. Service was friendly and efficient, our waiter was actually very funny and made us laugh which is good. It was Tuesday night so a bit quiet and i hope this resteraunt gets packed at the weekend as it deserves to be busy!

• Visited October 2012
London
“Excellent Steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a very good steakhouse, near to St Stephen's Basilica. Modern, comfortable restaurant with very good service. Excellent selection of steaks and sauces. We had the prawns with garlic to start, they were fine, not excellent. However we all ordered steaks and they were very good. I like my steak to be cooked rare, which I asked for. It was not cooked as rare as I would have liked it but was quite delicious so I didn't bother sending it back, although our waiter spotted it was not as rare as it should have been and offered to change it, but it does spoil the meal when one dinner is sent back so I left it but a word of warning if you like your steak cooked rare over emphasise this to the waiter, also the black pepper they use is quite spicy, fine for us but if you don't like spice avoid! The garlic mash was very good, one portion is enough for two people, mixed salad was average. Sauces for the steaks were all good. Chocolate brownie for dessert was very good. Cocktails were very nice as was the red wine. The restaurant was not busy when we were there and they did bring the food up a little too quickly for my liking. Also when we asked for the bill, the manager brought it over to us and then stood by my husband's side with the card machine without giving us a chance to look at the bill - just too pushy for us.