“So cool” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest

You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oktober 6 utca, 26, at Szabadsag ter, Budapest 1051, Hungary   |
Ranked #15 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Glamorgan
“So cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Just spent a couple of days in Budapest, my boyfriend booked it for me as a treat.
Normally he never books anything this good. Bless him.
On arrival we got an a fresh orange juice and then a porter took us to our room.
A little high tec for a girl from Wales, automatic dark curtains, sound system in the bathroom and light swiches to control mood and light. I felt like a superstar, after a difficult period I could at last relax and enjoy. If honest I could have spent the three days in the room.
The hotel was so close to everything and plenty to do and see.
The weather was not brillant raining a bit of the time and then the sun came out.
Everything was cool and would recommend this hotel to anyone.
P.S.Thank you Atilla you were like an Oracle you knew everything where to go and what to see.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the park
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

A really good hotel in a great location with large and quirky rooms. The hotel is located in a nice part of Budapest at the end of a road with a beautiful square and if you're lucky (and we were) with great views over the square towards the Parliament building. The decor is very modern as are the rooms, the bathroom has glass walls but the shower and toilet are in obscured glass cubicles and very tastefully done. The staff were efficient but not in your face which I like. The road outside has shops and restaurants all along it and everything is within walking distance, I will certainly return to Budapest and use this hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Don;t be fooled by the looks at the lobby of this hotel. Its far from normal. And when you see the hotel rooms, its different and totally one of the unique rooms I have seen. Its not for everyone but this hotel is NEW and the location is walking distance to the shopping areas not far nor near. Kinky because of the color of the room and you have to stay to see why with your love one.

Room Tip: get the rooms with a view of the park
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Before I decided to book Iberostar Budapest, I read a lot of reviews in Tripadvisor, and, trusting in most of the reviews, thought I would stay in a 5 star hotel.

Unfortunately, I was wrong.

Me and my wife are used to stay just in 4 or 5 star hotel when we travel, and, normally, this hotels show us why they are considered 4 or 5 star as treat the guest in a very special way. That special treatment that is not what we received in Iberostar Budapest.

When I arrived at the hotel, the check in was really “cold”, almost rude. The receptionist just gave me and my wife key (just one key for the couple), and some quickly explanations about the hotel. Later, we asked for a second key and got it. But when we asked for explanations about the city, where to go, what to see, the bests sites and places, we had the second most deception of our stay: the staff was really cold, just indicating some (not a lot – just really ones) places to go, without any king of information.

As we got this bad experience, we went to tourist information office, where we got information about a lot of places to visit. When you are in a 5 star hotel I think is expected to the staff give information for the tourists in a way that they don’t need to ask for help in others places.

But the most deception we got on the next day: the breakfast. Terrible. Very, very, very poor. Just a few options of fruits and breads. And if you get in breakfast room like we did almost at 10 a.m., the staff does not replace the items that finished: on that day, the fruits and some kinds of bread were finished and with no replacement.

The location is really great. And the room clean. The problem, I think, is the staff.

About concierge, the surprise: it works until 4 p.m.!!! So, if a tourist needs something with the concierge service after 4 p.m., the reception will tell you to wait for the next day (that happened with us when we asked for a booking for the Parliament visit - the receptionist told us at 5 p.m. this; so, I ask her if the hotel could do the reservation; she told me that I could access the hotel computer and try it BY MYSELF). That is certainly NOT A 5 STAR HOTEL.

I must register that not all the staff was this terrible experience: in a very strange way (as we gave up to ask for information on the front desk because of the bad treatment), on ours 1 and a half last day, there were other reception’s members. And what a BIG difference: they were so polite and kind that was really hard to believe that they work in the same hotel of their colleges.
The hotel probably is excellent for business travel (that does not need information about the sites) and for who does not ask for a treatment that must be given in 4 or 5 star hotels. But for who ask for a treatment of a 5 or 4 star hotel, do not go there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for having so carefully explained your experience about your recent stay at our IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest. Your opinion is highly valuable and helps us improve our services. It is always our goal to accomplish maximum customer satisfaction and the best way to achieve this is taking in consideration the opinion of our guests.

Our staff which is the base to offer the close and personalized service IBEROSTAR is famous for always does its best for our guests to feel very comfortable, well installed and welcome.
We lay high value on our employees being guest orientated, as we understand that this is a prime factor to achieve maximum client satisfaction and therefore all staff members are chosen according to a specific profile and additionally they are given appropriate training.

Being this one of our main strengths, we are awfully sorry that you could not enjoy their professionalism even though we would like to point out that the entire reception team is Hungarian with an exceptional local knowledge; at the time of check-in, all our guests are given a fact sheet about the hotel and a city map pointing out the most frequently asked places of interest. In addition to this our bellboy escorts the guests to their room explaining all the facilities so that our customers can take full advantage of their stay in the beautiful city of Budapest from the first moment. Also, we would like to inform you that we have no separate concierge service which is covered by our reception team on duty 24 hours a day.

Regarding the visit to the Parliament, our receptionists cannot guarantee a booking for our guests as it can close at any time due to reasons beyond control, being a governmental building in full use; we suggest our guests to pop along to the Parliament which is just five minutes’ walk from the hotel and book directly onsite.

Furthermore, our breakfast is served until 10.00 am and features daily fresh fruit salads with seven types of fresh fruits on the cold buffet in addition to a fresh fruit display for those guests who prefer to pick the kind of fruit of their choice. We are truly sorry to read that you didn’t enjoy our 4 types of breads and freshly baked rolls or our many types of cakes such as chocolate cake, cheese cake, mini muffins and plum cake like the ones in the picture you posted in your review.

On the other hand, we are happy that you could enjoy the efforts of our housekeepers and found that everything was kept very clean at all times. We passed your compliments to the staff as they will all be delighted to have contributed to your wellbeing at our hotel.

Last but not least, we are glad that our spectacular hotel has astounded you with its excellent location, a few steps away from the cultural center and a short distance from the river Danube.

Hopefully we can fulfill your expectations in the near future, and we stay at your entire disposal for any request you might have regarding coming vacations. It is our goal to make our guests enjoy of a splendid holiday, therefore we are always willing to guide you in our call center or through our webpage to make sure that you book in an IBEROSTAR hotel that can make all your wishes come true.

Best Regards,
Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'm on the fence as to whether or not to give this hotel a 4 or 5. Because it met/exceeded all of my expectations on the things that matter to me the most, I've given it a 5. Here are the main points:
- Rooms- large and very well designed. I found the room absolutely lovely from the tiles in the bathroom, the hardwood floors, the well appointed lighting and the large size of it. Also, they were well maintained... very clean.
- Staff- the staff were absolutely lovely and helpful
- Extras- great coffee for the in-room machines, free of charge, Wifi was also free of charge

Setback:
- I found that while the hotel was in close proximity to the tourist attractions, I didn't find much happening as far as night life in and around the hotel. However, this really depends on what you're looking for in a trip and I won't lower the rating because it really offered everything a hotel should.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I really wanted to love this hotel too. It is beautiful and very modern, perhaps a bit too modern. The room was very spacious and a bit to pop culture for my liking but that is on me. I was looking for a little more interaction in the bar and restaurant which was very slow (it was early in the week). I think they only thing this hotel is missing is a more active concierge who can point you in the right direction for nightlife etc. It is very accessible to most attractions and transportation. My best tip for westerners is walk out the front door during the day and stop into one of the many bistros on your walk. Wonderful city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest? Share your experiences!