I stayed in Iberostar for one night two weeks ago, for a working trip with my colleagues.
The Hotel is in a central location in the center of Budapest, just 200 m away from the Chain Bridge. It is in the same ares where you can find also Le Meridien or Four Season Hotel.
The location is wonderful, just within walking distance to the main places of the city. The welcome at the hotel is warm: the reception is just behind the main door, on the left, with all the staff offices just near it. A tripadvisor plate is well placed just above the reception!
In a few minutes I did my check in, but room was not ready yet (12.00) even if I asked for a early check-in. I had to wait in the bar for a couple of hours, where I enjoyed some nice pastry and a good coffee at a reasonable price.
The room was nice, spacious, as you can see from my photos.. a very big and comfortable bed, with a very big bathroom divided into three parts: the shower, the main bath and the toilet. High quality accessories available. Tv is a big plasma integrated into the wall (like a pictures), but it was lacking the Pay-Tv: no possibility to see international football matches during a Champions League evening. Quick wi-fi connection all over the Hotel.
Breakfast was top-level: a small buffet, but you can order a-la-carte warm dishes.. I had one of the best bacon of my travelling life.
The hotel represent well what a 5 star structure is: clean, space, location.. but I found the service a little below expectations. Here are some samples:
- the evening room services was just about the bed. They did not changed my towels even if left on the bath floor.
- I found expired butter at breakfast. I kindly showed it and it was promptly replaced.
- I had to call twice the waitress during my meal. Nobody was taking care about me and my requests.
I know, these problems are very small, compared to the thousands of "pro" I found staying at the hotel. But since this is a 5 star hotel, and I paid a 5 star rate, I'm expecting a 5 star service all the time. Or maybe my expectation are getting higher and higher.
Anyway, I strongly suggest to stay at this hotel.. if you are looking for a quality place, nice location, warm atmosphere, lovely breakfast, this is definitely the place for you. These points well go above the small problem I had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Part of the new concept of boutique hotel with spa, the Iberostar Grand Budapest hotel is intended for get-aways and luxury travel, since it not only boasts style and good taste but also a prime location across from Liberty Square (Szabadsag tèr) on the Pest side of the city, near the Danube that separates the area from the popular Buda side.In an environment of excellence and good taste, with personal attention and the most modern of facilities, the Grand Budapest, which opened in 2011, joins the ranks of the Iberostar Grand Collection, a hotel concept designed for top executives, VIP’s and deluxe travel.Sumptuous rooms, exquisite gastronomy, spa, broadband Internet connection via Wi-Fi… The hotel has everything you need to ensure the success of any business trip, vacation, family trip or celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Agoda, Otel, Olotels, EasyToBook, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.