“Big spacious apartments” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lord Residence

You added Lord Residence to your Saves list
Lord Residence
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Lovag Street 8, Budapest 1066, Hungary (Formerly Lord Apartments) (Terézváros)   |
Ranked #60 of 508 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Budapest, Hungary
“Big spacious apartments”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

There was three of us staying in the apartment but there were two bedrooms and a lounge each with a double bed so capable of sleeping six.

The price was very good and what we found when we arrived was a lot more than we expected.

Helpful and cheerful reception staff who explained everything to us about the apartment and the local night life.

Usually I stay at one of the nice hotels but the people I was with wanted something a little cheaper and I am glad because the next time I stay in Budapest it will be at the Lord Apartments.

These people definitely should have recognition for the way they run these apartments.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lord-Apartments, Manager at Lord Residence, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Adela C,

Thank you for your excellent rating on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased that you absolutely enjoyed your stay and found our service to be excellent.
I was happy to read you liked the apartment and found our staff helpful and cheerful. I hope they helped you in anything you needed.

I also appreciate your kind words regarding the management of Lord Apartments. Reviews like yours give us new inspirations to do our best for our guests.

I look forward the opportunity to welcome you again.

Kindest regards,
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed in a studio apartment with my girlfriend in June.

Good Points:
This place is in a great location. 5 minutes walk from plenty of the attractions, and, near (excellent) public transport where you can get pretty much everywhere.

It's not in THE touristy place ( which is by the river), so you get good, local pricing. The aparthotel itself is great value for money.

The place is super clean and very well looked after. It has everything you can imagine form super fast internet, everything in a kitchen imagineable, a dishwasher, and a washing machine. It's very modern and very comfortable.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

Bad Point:

i would certainly visit the place again and recommend it to friends, but, one part of the experience could have been better...

I was unlucky with the air con. it really didn't work very well. And (being a bit of a techie) I knew there was an error light on the unit which meant the water wasn't draining properly from it, and therefore the air compressor (that cools there air) had cut out for safety. A grumpy maintenance man came up and told me "it was working" but he'd call an engineer anyway. The engineer sorted out the fault, but the machine still didn't work great.

Tips:
- Visit a restaurant called Comme Chez Soi. It made our holiday. Make sure you book in advance though.
- Get the hop on hop off bus - it'll allow you to see the whole place in a short time.
- The Spas are worth a visit but not when its too hot as they are hot themselves! Go evening or in cooler months.
- Book your airport trasnfer on www.airportshuttle.hu - you'll need to put in the hotel address not the hotel name (it's not in their system) but the transfer was very slick and very cheap (much cheaper than the hotels option).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lord-Apartments, Manager at Lord Residence, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear holiday27,

Thank you for sharing your positive and negative experiences with us.

Your comments are valuable for us and highlight the area where we need to focus on to provide excellent experiences for guests.

Since your visit we check all of our air-conditioning units and changed some of them. Now I can proudly say that all of the apartments have air conditioning and all of them are working properly.

I would like to mention that I really appreciate that you highlighted the helpfulness of the staff and the location.

If you come back sometime to Budapest, it will be a pleasure to show you the result of our work.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Excellent location, many of the sites within walking distance. Apartment was just right for our needs and what we expected after having a good look through their website. The only drawback we found was the air-conditioning unit was too noisy and we gave up trying to use it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lord-Apartments, Manager at Lord Residence, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear JenGill59,

I would like to thank you for your stay with us. It was great to read that you found our location and apartment convenient.

Regarding the noise of the Air Conditioning I apologize for the inconveniences. According to guest feedbacks, it was something that we must to improve. We detected specific rooms with the mentioned incident and we were working hard to improve this issue. Hopefully now in all of the apartments the Air Conditioning is working smoothly and quietly.

All the best,
Cape Town,South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff on arrival. The apartment was spacious and had everything that we needed. The location was central and in a good part of town close to restaurants and the metro. The only negative would be that our apartment was quite noisy being close to a busy street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tdogg101,

Thank you for your excellent rating on TripAdvisor.

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. I am extremely sorry for the noisy streets, unfortunately we do not have an impact on this issue.

If you are visiting Budapest I hope you will choose Lord Apartments again. If you will, please request an apartment which looks to the inner couryard so we can guarantee a quit room for you.

Redbourn, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

After hours of searching through lastminute me and my friend finally settled on this; we couldn't have gone for a better choice. For the price, the apartment was outstanding. We were greeted by Agnes who was extremely helpful and advised us on what to do and where to go in the city. All the staff were so friendly and easy to talk to. They definitely made our experience in Budapest that much more enjoyable.

The room itself was clean and the amenities were superb. The apartment was very secure and away from the street, so no outside noise. Thanks to the rooms air conditioning we were able to cool off from the 40 degree heat. The apartments are situated right in the heart of the Pest side of the river. Upon arrival at reception we were given a handy map to help us find our way round. We also bought tickets from the desk for the Hop On, Hop off bus tour with a discounted price (about €18 and certainly worth the money).

There is so much to see and it really is a beautiful city. The only downside was the heat. But then again, I am from England...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Max W,

I am glad that finally you decided to stay at Lord Apartments.

Review like yours always gives us a new inspiration to do our best for the guests.
Thank you for highlighting the efficiency of our staff. I will forward your kind comment to the Front Desk.

I am really pleased to read that you also liked the location and despite the central location you found it quit.
I hope you will choose Lord Apartments again when you return to Budapest.

Kindest regards,
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Family of four stayed in a one-bedroom apartment (1 double in the bedroom, 1 added cot in living room, 1 slept on sofa). We thought we were going to get enough bed-space for 4 people but it might have been a miscommunication when we were booking. We had a small kitchen and very small living room. Wi-fi was good. The A/C unit was extremely loud and hard to figure out at times but worked OK. Keeping the windows open helped but it meant we could hear the street noise (albeit it was soccer fans celebrating on a weekend night). Our late arrival and early departure time made it somewhat inconvenient to deal with the receptionists, who only work certain hours (but they were helpful when we did see them), and the 24-hour security guards did not speak much english (although we eventually got what we needed via sign-language). Overall the apartment was a good find with an excellent location to see all the sights.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Josieshoes,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Lord Apartments Budapest. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations from every aspects; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

As you mentioned our reception is open from 8:00 until 21:00 everyday. Between the opening times we are always happy and ready to help our guest in every matter. In the building there is a 24-hour security desk, but they do not part of us and that is why they do not speak any language.

I am happy that you found the location and apartments satisfactory.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Manager

Been to Lord Residence? Share your experiences!