“Great in every aspect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boscolo Residence

You added Boscolo Residence to your Saves list
Boscolo Residence
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-8, Osvat utca, Budapest 1073, Hungary (Erzsébetváros)   |
Ranked #57 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Great in every aspect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Spend few weeks here in july/august 2013.
Room was huge,with all benefit a small apartment.Only the outside street noise was annoying in the morning.
Beside that all great.
No hesitation to come again
BM.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'BMM2011',

Thank you for choosing Boscolo Residence for your stay in Budapest. I am happy to read that you were satisfied with our hotel and planing to return to us.

Your kind visit is always welcome

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

i was supposed to stay int he hotel but they messed up my reservation and put me here. the residence is connected to the hotel. my room was HUGE: two stories with a gorgeous patio on both levels. even had a washer in it! i was only there two nights and barely in the room but i'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest "michelle r"

Thank you for visiting Boscolo Residence. I am happy to read that you had overall a nice time with us. Should you come back to Budapest, please do not hesitate to book us again. Your kind return is always welcome.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

For the price paid I was happy. It is in a good central location. We walked everywhere from here as the metro was not operating the weekend we stayed.

It looks lovely from afar but when you look at the finer details it is shabby and poorly out together.

In the bathroom tiles were missing from the shower and mould spots evident. The sink was fitted the wrong way around and when you touched the tap it felt like it would break.

The kitchen is fitted out with Ikea products. This does not scream luxury for five star.

However the rooms are much larger than a standard hotel room. We had a washing machine which we used. The wifi signal and speed was excellent.

The staff were all helpful. I had cut my finger when I arrived and she kindly got me a plaster/band aid.

I would stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed November 2013
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'DaninrugbyUk',

Thank you for choosing Boscolo Residence. I was happy to read that overall you had a nice time with us, enjoyed the spacious apartment and you found useful the high speed internet and the built in wash machine.
The missing tiles and moving tap is totally unacceptable, these are not up to our standards. I will ask the maintenance team to make a comprehensive technical inspection in all bathrooms to avoid these problems in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I did stay in a few hundred hotels across the world and this one is in the top 10% as far as quality goes. The building is breathtaking, the rooms are spacious and clean. The bed is super comfortable. The only negative thing is about the room is the bathtub. If you have a mobility issue make sure that you ask for a special room, because getting in and out from the tub isn't easy.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest 'Komlosim'

Thank you for staying with us in Boscolo Residence, your positive comment is highly appreciated. I was delighted to see that you were amazed by our modern building and you enjoyed the comfort of your room.
We are really looking forward to your next visit!

Bratislava, Slovakia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Yes, they claim it is a luxury residence...
And I think they redefined the meaning of luxury...by downgrading it.

Now, we can call luxury a lot of things. And probably we all have our very own understanding of the meaning of the word...
But I challenge anyone to define an IKEA plate as a sign of luxury... It would be almost funny if it wasn't simply sad.

The first thing that you notice when you reach the Residence, which is in the back street of the main hotel Boscolo, is how ugly the building is.
Ok, ok, granted... It is a matter of taste. But allow me to express my own opinion. The building is horrible...
No big deal.
If you arrive at night, you can barely see the entrance from the beginning of the street. It is not well illuminated and you have really a difficult time processing that this is a "luxury accommodation".
Still you have some hope. The lobby doesn't look bad. Nothing strikes you and the reception desk shows a certain lack of care, with the electric control panel in full view... But it looks still kind of pleasant.
I was given the Apartment 372 first. I entered the place and close the door immediately and rushed back to the reception. The apartment was stinking vinegar in an unbearable way.
True to be said, no arguments were raised and I was graciously given a second room, 270.

At a first view the apartment doesn't look bad. It is furnished with a certain taste and shows some contemporary sensibility. The bed is quite comfortable. This for the highlights...

On the other hand I can extensively list what was wrong:
- the kitchen was unworthy. I would have expected better in an average apartment taken through Airbnb... The microwave was filthy.. Dishes were chipped. The board was not cleaned.. And many details were missing for a so called "luxury accommodation". A stupid example. the watch of the microwave was still indicating the summer time instead of the winter one..
- the living room area was a disgrace. Dirty. With hair on the floor and chips under the couch. The couch was kind of "glue" to the wall, a clear sign that nobody ever moved it for cleaning;
- the bedroom area was the best part of the apartment. It seemed clean and tide up. But, again, it is the lack of details that shouldn't allow to call this a "luxury accommodation". There are no plugs next to the bed. If you want to recharge your cellphone you have to keep it on the kitchen table. There is no phone next to the bed. You only have one in the living. In the wardrobe you have 5 hangers. 5. If you are a couple and you stay more then a night you better prepare to fight for those 5 hangers. There is a safe, but no plug inside. So if you need to recharge your laptop or your Ipad, you have to keep it out of the safe;
- the bathroom. Here is were the management gave the best of their professionalism.. It is shameful. Broken tiles. Mold around the bathtub. Not enough light and no light at all above the the mirror. Broken appliances. An incredible stupid taps system in the bathtub. you have to turn right the bathtub one if you want hot water, but you have to turn left the shower one to have the same hot water... how difficult it can be to have them at least following the same logic?

One last note... One may think "ok, it is the residence, not the hotel... The hotel may be much better". Well, I didn't try the rooms, but I used the gym of the main hotel. And again, it was unworthy of a so called 5 stars hotel... I guess the hotel has several hundreds rooms. But the gym had only ONE treadmill and ONE exercise bike plus some weight machines... And they were not looking brand new!!! In addition the so called gym is not even in a proper dedicated room, but more in a sort of big lobby on the 5 floor next to a lift used by normal guests.

True to be said the price was really cheap. And it may be worth it for many people. Just do not expect a "luxury accommodation", because it is honestly a joke.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'Andesaex',

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. First and foremost please accept my apologies for Boscolo Residence not living up to your expectations. I would kindly like to inform you that there was a day lately when streetlights went off and we had no influence on that but still the hotels lights were functioning.
We checked your concerns regarding our rooms and the gym facilities and besides emphasizing my apologies I would kindly like to assure you that we do our best to avoid any reoccurance in the future.

Certainly I remain at your disposal discussing your experience via guest.relation@budapest.boscolo.com.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed for three nights and paid £700 as we have two teenage daughters and wanted a little more space.

The apartment was two bedrooms and two bathrooms with a basic, but equipped kitchen. The fridge doubles as a mini bar.

Pros

The reception staff are lovely
and friendly and i couldn't fault the service.
The room was cleaned beautifully ever day with crisp white bed linen.
It's a very spacious apartment and located two minutes walk from the metro and trams 4 and 6

Cons
The apartment was a little tired and knocked. Its easy to over look this as it is immaculately clean.

It is in a pretty rough end of town. But, Budapest is a very safe place so I didn't feel at all intimidated, and found the Hungarians very very friendly.

It was incredibly noisy. We had a first floor apartment and I don't think I slept a wink. Sirens and traffic noise, people under the window ( which were firmly closed) and engines revving through the night. We had asked for a good apartment ( there was a mix up in the booking- not the Boscolo s fault)
so I don't know what a bad would be.

For this reason, I would suggest you think carefully before you book here. It does spoil it is you can't sleep. If you can get over this then go for it. Or talk to the staff, maybe we were unlucky. Oh, and complimentary tea and coffee in the room would be in line with a hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'JoB418',

Thank you for writing your review on TripAdvisor. It was nice to see that you were satisfied with our front desk and housekeeping team and the location of our property also lived up to your expectations. I am sorry that your nights were not relaxing enough due to the high traffic on the main street. I would like to assure you that we try to find an effective solution for a better sound-proofing on our windows to provide enhanced comfort to our guests in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

stayed at the Boscolo for two nights the suite was great and the location was OK - a little noisy at night but its a busy city. Don't bother with the breakfast its overpriced and below average. No hot food , no fresh coffee. We paid £27.11 for two breakfasts and a bottle of tonic from the mini bar. a waste of money as that amount buys you a really good meal in Budapest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest 'Feeto',

Thank you for staying with us at Boscolo Residence. I was happy to read you enjoyed your suite during your stay but on the other hand I felt sorry that we did not meet your standards with the continental breakfast. If you are looking for a wider selection of food, please try our rich buffet breakfast in Boscolo Budapest (a block away from Residence) upon your next visit in town!

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Been to Boscolo Residence? Share your experiences!