“Modern hotel, clean lines and free hot chocolate!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boscolo Residence

Save Saved
You added Boscolo Residence to your Saves list
Boscolo Residence
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-8, Osvat utca, Budapest 1073, Hungary (Erzsébetváros)   |
Ranked #55 of 330 hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“Modern hotel, clean lines and free hot chocolate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My hubbie treated me 3 nights at this hotel for my birthday and I loved it. Beautiful decor, modern, sumptuous and relaxing. Both the lobby area and the rooms where of a high standard. Spacious apartments, lovely minimalistic bedrooms (good feng shui!) The bathroom included a bath and a separate shower which was perfect fr us. Very relaxing and peaceful when we visited in January. The service was excellent, friendly but not in your face annoying like in some hotels. All our needs where catered for (we booked the Spa through these guys too!) For me a real treat in this hotel was having free hot chocolate whenever I wanted (a lot!), this was fantastic and not something I have come across before (also I didn't even need to put the kettle on!) Would return here and would recommend. A+ from us!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Greek first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Lovely sumptuous hotel but my room was a mile from the facilities, with no water or other drinks in the room - nit even tea or coffee. I arrived in the evening and asked for a shaving kit and was told there wasn't any. When I pushed I was told to try again in the morning which was then sorted. The service is generally one if Sony care although the front desk seems very efficient and the coffee service over breakfast was also great.

Overall not what I expect from a 5 star hotel in a capital city.

• Stayed January 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this establishment for 18 nights.
Modern decor, clean and quiet. The walls are thick enough to stop any noise from being heard from adjacent rooms.
The staff are extremely courteous and very helpful. They always had a smile on their faces.
I highly recommend staying at the Boscolo.

Room Tip: If you like light coming into the room, choose rooms looking out onto the street. Otherwise the cou...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Prague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We found an excellent rate on a room through booking.com before Christmas and thought we would have a little romantic get away and enjoy the Budapest Christmas markets. We were expecting something nice, since we have a Boscolo here in Prague and are familiar with the decore and ambiance, but what we got was even better than we had expected! Our apartment was massive, everything was perfectly clean, (and restocked if we asked), and was done in a tasteful fashion that we were shocked we had paid so little for the room!

Since we were staying in the apartment we did not have the breakfast, opting to eat food we bought from the local bakeries surrounding the hotel instead (cheaper and perhaps better in the end).

I would definitely recommend the hotel for anyone looking for a bit of romance, families or friends on holiday together. Because of the close proximity to all major forms of public transportation it's easy to get everywhere and anywhere quickly!

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the internal court yard where it was much quieter than the rooms out on the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here as part of a Trafalgar tour. Our location had been changed by the company, so this was a surprise. The apartment layout was very spacious, you could tell the company took over an adjacent property to the hotel next door and connected them. While we had tons of space, the room was extremely noisy. We could hear all the traffic due to the windows. I appreciate the view, but there was no insulation. The room had a small kitchenette, which would be great for a family. The living area was spacious and simply decorated, very nice. However, the bathroom was our least favorite part. The tub/shower combo was not effecient at all. Water poured out the sides of the tub/shower because there is only a small partition to keep the water in. Water poured into the bathroom and we used spare towels to mop up the floor, not a way to spend your vacation. Let me add that neither my husband or myself are big people, so maybe larger people could fill up the space in the shower and water wouldn't be a problem. Because we were part of a tour group, we were assigned to the adjacent hotel for our breakfast, which was much, much better than that provided in the lobby of the residence hotel. We did enjoy the centrality of this location. There are nice restaurants in the area, as well as a grocery store, should you need more food or supplies.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Yamato, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I just stayed a couple nights but it was super also rate was super , I was lucky.
The room is very modern & looking good & Comfy.
You guys , if you find the good rate of this hotel, should stay this hotel!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Zagreb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The apartments are very well located and very well appointed. The satff are excellent and could not be any more helpful.The stay helped us realy enjoy the beautiful city of Budapest. Would thoroughly recomend to those wishing to get away for the cramped and restrictive usual hotel accomadation

John and Judy, Wesatern Australia.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Boscolo Residence? Share your experiences!