“Great Way to Start!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fungarian

Dohany u. 1., Budapest H-1051, Hungary (District VII / Jewish Quarter)
+36 20 243 5253
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
and up
Private Traditional Hungarian Lunch Experience...
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun, interesting things to do in Budapest and ways to learn about Hungarian language & culture... Our Fungarian(R) classes are the perfect, relaxed way to begin your visit to Budapest. Whether you are interested in learning a few basic Hungarian words and phrases to help you learn more about the Hungarian culture or interested in one-on-one Hungarian tuition we would be delighted to help you. We are sure our Budapest city tours are the best on offer and that you will agree when you let one of our knowledgeable friendly guides show you the city. Discover Budapest's hidden highlights with a knowledgeable guide as part of your own privately guided tour.
Danbury, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Way to Start!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just returned from a 2 week trip and first stop was Budapest. Great city and really enjoyed my time there. Booked a 1 hour session for myself and my father based on reviews I read here. We met with Lilla at a local cafe and she was great. Very personable and easy to talk to. Spent plenty of time with us and we never felt rushed. She explained what I think is one of the most difficult languages and helped us understand and pronounce some key words for our stay which I did use. In addition to the language gave us some nice history as well as insight into current conditions and also some good recommendations of where to go and what to see. Would not hesitate to book again and a big thanks to Lilla......koszonom!!!

2 Thank RetireonPEI

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked this after reading other trip advisor reviews. We had a 1 hour lesson on the day we arrived. The appointment was efficiently arranged via email. Our teacher Ezemese was fantastic, and is an English teacher in a Budapest school. After our lesson, we could read and pronounce the language (eg: place names), could ask for basic things including food & drink, introduce ourselves and count. She also gave us a word list to keep for reference.
We practised what we had learnt during our 5 day trip and got used to asking for things and saying thankyou in Hungarian. My top moment was when I bought a return train ticket - the sales person said (in English) that my Hungarian was very good!
If you are interested in languages and want to get more out of your trip this is a must.

Santa Fe, NM
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful way to see Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I did two tours with Fungarian. I met Lilla for a 3 hour language and culture experience and then completed the Art Noveau tour with Miklo.

Lilla was wonderful to talk with and we went on a walking tour of some of the major sites. It was a great way to get oriented with the city and the culture. I had some great fun trying my best to prounounce the 44 letters in the Hungarian alphabet. Lilla was very encouraging.

Miklos knows a great deal about the architecture of Budapest and the history of the area. I loved getting information about buildings and architecture that would have normally been outside of the information available.

They also helped me figure out the bus/metros and showed me some great restaurants and local favorites.

These tours are for people that want to step outside of the normal bus tours. This is worth the time!

1 Thank corianderSantaFe
The Hague, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fungarian is a must for anyone visiting Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My friend and I came to Budapest for a long weekend and decided to kick off the trip with a short language lesson followed by a trip to Esceri Market.
I’m so glad we chose to do it.

Milan was our teacher / guide and he is a truly lovely chap. Super clever, very patient and kind and really relaxed and fun to be with. It was like spending the day with a friend…. a friend who happens to be able to speak the lingo and knows everything about the market and how to bargain with the stall-holders!

It set us up for a great weekend, we were never without our “crib-sheets” and we found it really helped with everyday transactions when we were able to say just a few words in Hungarian.

The market is an absolute treasure-trove. I just wish I’d gone with more money to spend!
We could have spent all day there.
As it was, I think we stayed about an hour longer than we should have, but Milan didn’t hurry us along at any point.
He introduced us to Langos and delicious pastries, which we thoroughly enjoyed and all in all – we simply had a great time.
Thank you Fungarian, thank you Milan!

Jane (& Moona)

Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Fungaria!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was visiting Budapest on my own for a few days and met with Lilla from Fungaria and it was fabulous! Lilla was very friendly and helpful. She gave me some great local tips for what to do and see while I'm in Budapest and I followed all her recommendations positively. Lilla informed me about the social history of Budapest and the local culture. Her enthusiasm was contagious; I had a great stay in Budapest and was sad to leave, but left with a feeling that I will return!

1 Thank Vicky T