“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 191 activities in Budapest
Type: Classes/Workshops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Fun, interesting things to do in Budapest and ways to learn about Hungarian language & culture... Our Fungarian(R) classes are the perfect, relaxed way to begin your visit to Budapest. Whether you are interested in learning a few basic Hungarian words and phrases to help you learn more about the Hungarian culture or interested in one-on-one Hungarian tuition we would be delighted to help you. We are sure our Budapest city tours are the best on offer and that you will agree when you let one of our knowledgeable friendly guides show you the city. Discover Budapest's hidden highlights with a knowledgeable guide as part of your own privately guided tour.
London, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked this after reading other trip advisor reviews. We had a 1 hour lesson on the day we arrived. The appointment was efficiently arranged via email. Our teacher Ezemese was fantastic, and is an English teacher in a Budapest school. After our lesson, we could read and pronounce the language (eg: place names), could ask for basic things including food & drink, introduce ourselves and count. She also gave us a word list to keep for reference.
We practised what we had learnt during our 5 day trip and got used to asking for things and saying thankyou in Hungarian. My top moment was when I bought a return train ticket - the sales person said (in English) that my Hungarian was very good!
If you are interested in languages and want to get more out of your trip this is a must.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Santa Fe, NM
“Wonderful way to see Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I did two tours with Fungarian. I met Lilla for a 3 hour language and culture experience and then completed the Art Noveau tour with Miklo.

Lilla was wonderful to talk with and we went on a walking tour of some of the major sites. It was a great way to get oriented with the city and the culture. I had some great fun trying my best to prounounce the 44 letters in the Hungarian alphabet. Lilla was very encouraging.

Miklos knows a great deal about the architecture of Budapest and the history of the area. I loved getting information about buildings and architecture that would have normally been outside of the information available.

They also helped me figure out the bus/metros and showed me some great restaurants and local favorites.

These tours are for people that want to step outside of the normal bus tours. This is worth the time!

The Hague, The Netherlands
“Fungarian is a must for anyone visiting Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My friend and I came to Budapest for a long weekend and decided to kick off the trip with a short language lesson followed by a trip to Esceri Market.
I’m so glad we chose to do it.

Milan was our teacher / guide and he is a truly lovely chap. Super clever, very patient and kind and really relaxed and fun to be with. It was like spending the day with a friend…. a friend who happens to be able to speak the lingo and knows everything about the market and how to bargain with the stall-holders!

It set us up for a great weekend, we were never without our “crib-sheets” and we found it really helped with everyday transactions when we were able to say just a few words in Hungarian.

The market is an absolute treasure-trove. I just wish I’d gone with more money to spend!
We could have spent all day there.
As it was, I think we stayed about an hour longer than we should have, but Milan didn’t hurry us along at any point.
He introduced us to Langos and delicious pastries, which we thoroughly enjoyed and all in all – we simply had a great time.
Thank you Fungarian, thank you Milan!

Jane (& Moona)

Vienna, Austria
“Fantastic Fungaria!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was visiting Budapest on my own for a few days and met with Lilla from Fungaria and it was fabulous! Lilla was very friendly and helpful. She gave me some great local tips for what to do and see while I'm in Budapest and I followed all her recommendations positively. Lilla informed me about the social history of Budapest and the local culture. Her enthusiasm was contagious; I had a great stay in Budapest and was sad to leave, but left with a feeling that I will return!

TravelOutThere
“Great for Corporates as well as Leisure travellers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had the pleasure of a 1 hour Fungarian course as part of an Travel Professional inspection visit to Budapest. The session was a lot of fun and really helped the group i was traveling with get to know each other better.

We plan to promote the Fungarian Course as teambuilding activity in the future to our clients.

Most importantly of all in....picking up a few words of useful Hungarian really helps break the ice with locals. Speaking a few phrases of local language always raises a smile ;)

Köszonöm!!!!