“Everything was just perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bohem Art Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bohem Art Hotel to your Saves list
Bohem Art Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   V. district 35., Molnar street, Budapest H-1056, Hungary (Belváros-Lipótváros)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Airport Transfer
Ranked #10 of 332 hotels in Budapest
Bucharest, Romania
“Everything was just perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We traveled to Budapest for a few days with family and after reading some reviews this hotel seemed to be a good choice. It turned to be the perfect choice for us!
Thank you, Martin, Melinda and Susan for all the help in "recovering" us from the airport after a grueling trip to Budapest and in arranging a nice birthday party for my father who turned 60 when we where in Budapest.
Rooms are cozy and clean. They have free wifi and the hotel is very close to the Danube river.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
David_Bots, Director of Sales at Bohem Art Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Madalina,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Bohem Art Hotel.
Please let me tell you that my colleagues were very happy as they could find their names at your kind review.

I hope to see you again soon.

1,259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel was even better than I expected. First of all, the rooms were very clean and they have wifi. Also, this hotel is located very close to the marketplace and a bunch of restaurants. The service was very nice and they are very polite. When I was sleeping, I usually slept through the night because there were practically no disturbances. I really liked the breakfast bar because it was very modern and there was a cool orange juicer where you can see the oranges being juiced. Plus, the hotel is moderately priced. Overall, this hotel is great for anyone to stay in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
South Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Good location just one block from the Danube. Very clean, quiet and great decor with lovely staff.
Very good buffet breakfast including a good coffee machine, and champagne on offer free.
I had to move rooms as the first one had a dreadful plumbing smell pervading the room. I put up with it for a three days by keeping the window open, but thought this was a bit ridiculous and requested to move. They tried to fix it, but to no avail. They didn't have a spare room that night, but I moved the next day. I was disappointed that they didn't apologize, or offer to help me shift rooms. I had a 'single' room which had two single beds together but were above average size and very comfortable. The first room was excellent, considerably larger than the first.
The minibar didn't have a great selection.
The TV only had three English channels which were all news, and the CNN reception was very poor, and Euronews in the second room was completely distorted.
Once again, management need to address the housekeeping staff to not change towels unless they're placed on the floor. Mine were changed every day regardless of me hanging them up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Flitzaround,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
I am so happy you enjoyed our breakfast selection and that you were satisfied with our staff.

I am very sorry for the unpleasantness regarding the first room. In case of any problem we are ready to offer to change of the room, unfortunately at that night we were full booked.

Thank you also for your suggestions, we plant to extend the TV-channel selection in the very near future

Aalst, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Don't look any further if you're looking for a hotel in Budapest. Rooms are small but clean and have everything you need. My daughters stayed in a triple room which was huge in comparison. Staff does everything they can to help you. They even let us put our five bicycles in the conference room at night! Breakfast is absolutely fantastic. Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2013
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I travel a lot for work, and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived to the Bohem for three days off on Budapest. I arrived sick, and the front desk staff was amazing. The offered several options to help me, a doctor for a "house call", transportation to a hospital close by, or assistance with a pharmacy near their location. I was impressed not only with the staff's excellent English, but I really got the sense that they wanted to help. They also were wonderful helping me choose appropriate tourist oriented sight seeing since I wasn't feeling up to my normal routine of exploring on foot. The restaurant recommendations they gave were great as well. When I booked the hotel, I noticed some complaints about the breakfast offering. Yes, the breakfast area was buys, but the options and the quality were wonderful! There was so many good items to choose from I wanted to eat twice!
The room was exceptionally clean, the internet was fast enough for Skype video, the location was wonderful, the staff outstanding! When I go back to Budapest there is no doubt where I will be staying! Thank you to the staff!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tony,

I am very pleased to read that you absolutely enjoyed your time and found our service to be excellent. Thank you also for your words about the helpfulness of the staff and about our breakfast.

See you again soon.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We spent a couple of nights here on a city break in Budapest. The hotel rooms are small but have everything you need, the breakfast is amazing with a huge variety and champagne every morning. The staff at reception are very helpful, happy to recommend places to eat, places to visit etc and call and reserve for you. The hotel is close to a metro station and almost everywhere is accessible on foot. Overall a lovely experience!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Oulu, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We travelled as a couple and spent one week in this hotel in summer 2012. Breakfast was great and the service was quite good. Tram and train stations were near by. Market hall was also near. The hotel's and room's decoration were really interesting and stylish. Hotel is good for people who look something different.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bohem Art Hotel? Share your experiences!