I'm one of those people that looks at 100 hotels before deciding on which one to book, and as this was for my husbands 40th Birthday, I wanted it to be special, but also a bit different.
We stayed at the The Bohem Art Hotel in late September 2012 and it did not disappoint. We stayed in the 'Art Suite' room 103 and it was just like the pictures. The staff were helpful, friendly and spoke excellent English. The selection of food available at breakfast was very good and freshly squeezed OJ and champers was a nice touch.
The hotel is close to many of Budapest's attractions and its a good idea to get a hop-on hop-off bus ticket to help you get your bearings whilst learning some interesting history of this beautiful city.
We managed to squeeze quite a few 'things to do' in our 48 hours in Budapest - the House of Terror (very sad), Hero's Square, Szechenyi Baths (relaxing), night tour of the city (beautiful), central market (very interesting) to name a few.
Highlights for food, drink and total excitement are:
1. Celeritas Shooting Club - cannot recommend this highly enough! Its rated the number one thing to do in Budapest and I can see why. We did the 'Gamer' package and I still can't believe that I held all those guns in my hand. It was pretty scary (for me, not my husband), but a great thrill!
2. Ruin Pubs - in particular the Szimpla Kert. One of the most amazing, unique bars I have ever been too! Its hard to explain why, you just have to go if you fancy a beer in a cool place!
3. Dinner at Klassz on Andrássy út 41 - the road that people call Budapest's answer to the Champs-Elysées. Lovely little restaurant with great food and great wine. The taster glasses of wine were very generous in size.
I hope this review is helpful to anyone thinking of staying at the Bohem Art Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand new Bohem Art Hotel in the historic downtown of Budapest offers the style of a hip hotel with the feel of a contemporary art gallery. Thanks to its excellent location - just a few steps from Vaci shopping street and the Danube - our guests can experience the unique atmosphere of Budapest. The hotel offers a rich buffet breakfast and free Wi-fi in all the rooms and public areas. Our cozy and stylish rooms all feature different artworks from modern and young Hungarian artists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Bohem Art Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.