“Carpe is my new family” 5 of 5 stars

You added Carpe Noctem Hostel to your Saves list
Carpe Noctem Hostel
Szobi Utca 5, 3/8A, Budapest 1067, Hungary   |
Toronto
“Carpe is my new family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've been traveling Europe for 2 months now, and the 5 days I spent in Budapest has been my favourite place so far. AND Its all because of Carpe Noctem Hostel. They brought me into their family with wonderful smiles and a map of everywhere I should see and go to in Budapest. I met amazing people who were fellow travelers and just the folks working at the hostel and the sister hostel's. We partied every night - Magic Baths and random cool bars AND a boat cruise with champaigne. I laughed constantly. I tend to be a little shy and it takes a while for me to get out of my shell, but they made me feel so comfortable. They are up for anything, and extremely kind people. It was a very clean environment, felt safe with all my stuff out (but lockers are available) and lets just say, I didn't want to leave and am thinking about when I can go back again. XO to everyone!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Wow I came expecting a hostel but found a home! Placed within the heart of the city this party hostel is so so great. With only 22 beds this has an intimacy and family style which I have never seen within a hostel. The place is also spotless and quiet at night within the hostel but a CRAZY fun time at night with a different activity every night including pub crawls, party boat cruises and raves in the thermal baths. This place always knows where the party is. Great place for solo travelers to find travel buddies. If you are unsure where to stay in Budapest then look no further.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have to say this was the best hostel we stayed in Europe while backpacking for 2 months. A small place which let you meet everyone, but what made this hostel special was the staff. I have never stayed at a hostel where the staff just hung out with you and took you out drinking every nite and partied with you. It was more like a family than a hostel. Best time in Budapest!! I would recommend this hostel to anyone. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Carpe Noctem is hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in. No where else will you be greeted by such a warm and welcoming staff. Their enthusiasm for Budapest will leave you in love with the city before you've even had time to explore it. Every night the hostel organizes awesome events promising you'll have a great time and guaranteeing you will leave Budapest with a new best friend. Budapest is an amazing city but staying at Carpe Noctem will make your trip unforgettable.

Hostel is super clean and beds are comfy.

I loved it so much I booked a flight back to Budapest before I even left the city. See you soon Carpe Noctem family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I had to do justice to this one particular hostel, because not doing so will not do the owners any justice. Even though I left Carpe Noctem six months ago.

Carpe Noctem is rather diffcult to locae, given that it is located in one of Budapest's conservation districts. Since the municipality stipulates that no changes must be done to the facade, you will know that you've arrived only if you look at the intercomms cloe enough.

The runners and owners are real friendly people, real friendly. They tell you the places to visit, make you a cup of tea and make the check in process real quick. Bed linen is fresh too, and the rooms are nicely heated. The real highlights of this hostel are the parties...one different party every night. It may be a pub crawl, it may be a cruise trip. The good thing is that the hostel staff actually brigs you along to these trips, and believe me some of the bars are Budapest's best. They also organize day trips to caves, Szecheni Baths and other attractions. Naturally guests become friendly with one another. So it boils down to the difficult last day. Like the mural on their door, you can leave anytime, but you never really check out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Carpe Noctem is hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Because the hostel is so small, you really get to know all the guests and the staff well. It was my first time traveling solo and I felt completely comfortable and safe there, not to mention had an amazing time. It is a party hostel, so expect to be taken out every night. Each night has something different planned, and you get to party with their other sister hostels as well so you get to meet so many more people. Everyone leaves around 8:30, so it's quiet if you want to stay in and go to sleep early. I had read from reviews that most people end up extending their stay, so I booked 5 nights thinking it was enough...STILL ended up staying an extra two nights! It's true what everyone's saying - it is definitely just like staying at a friend's place. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had no idea the nightlife in Budapest would be so intense, and it impressed me how these guys were so enthusiastic to head out and party pretty much every night.

The staff are all very friendly, and are happy to direct you to the landmarks during the day... If you have any energy left.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Carpe Noctem Hostel? Share your experiences!