“NO ONE LIKE CARPE NOCTEM !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Carpe Noctem Hostel
Szobi Utca 5, 3/8A, Budapest 1067, Hungary   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Belgrade, Serbia
“NO ONE LIKE CARPE NOCTEM !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I am still full of smiles just thinking about this magical place, so again - :DDDDD
I can't put in words how I feel about it, but if I could it would be a combo of awesome+hilarious+amazing+best ever+looove!
There is absolutely nothing I would change about it! The location is super sweet, they provide you with all the info you might need, they're very well informed and very helpful with everything. The place is clean and cozy and the atmosphere is amazing! I do couchsurfing, and I still did more sightseeing, had more fun and made more friends at Carpe! I had the time of my life, partied with the most awesome people one could meet and nothing can compare to the THE STAFF!!! They all live there, so they basically spend 24/7 with you and they are so amazing that not even those 24 hours are enough! It's definitely them who make it so special. Hanging out and having fun with these people every single night makes it a unique experience and makes you never want to do anything else. Not one day is boring. I haven't met a single person who hasn't overstayed. Some of them just stay there and never leave, wish I could be one of those lucky peepz. Even when they're overbooked they're nice enough to put you in the staff room.
I can't wait to see you all again, which is probably going to be in less than a month and then I'll kiss and hug the hell out of youz! I LOVE YOU, Carpe, you rock my world <3

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Carpe Noctem was a great hostel in many ways, the staff were friendly, rooms were clean, well organized event nights everynight and a GREAT PLACE to PARTY. I don't need to go into detail about those things, because im sure you will read the same reviews i did, and choose the hostel because of those reasons. BUT! although the hostel was great for getting people together and making them get out and party together, they were not very professional. Yes, the guy working that night will be great at enthusiastically rousing you into a cheap Jager night, but good luck getting him to help you check out and direct you where to book you're train in the morning. The relatively cheap "all in" laundry service seems nice, but when the guy who is supposed to dry and fold it leaves it on top of the washer because he is to hungover to do it for you on the morning you are checking out, it isn't such a great deal. If you are merely in Budapest for a 5 day binge (which we sort of were) than the hostel can be a ton of fun. But if you have places to be after Budapest, or are hoping for some type of control over the booze fueled chaos than maybe you should reconsider this hostel (or at the very least, organize the important stuff the day before). I mostly LOVED this hostel for its laissez-faire attitude, but it is important to know what you are getting yourself into before you go!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Osijek, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Ive been travelling all around the world and have stayed in countless amounts of hostels.

Like most good hostel, word of mouth travels fast amongst fellow travellers. Im so glad I ended up staying at Carpe Noctem.

Its a small intimate hostel with a family feel. 3 nice size rooms with a awesome common room to chillout and mingle with other travellers.

Why do I think that this is the best Hostel in Europe?
Firstly the staff. Big shout out to Scrumpy, Charlie and Sly. These guys will go out of their way to make sure you know the ins and outs of Budapest, met the other guests and to insure that you have the best night out on the town. Ask anyone who has stayed there, they become your family.
Location is close to Octagon and major metroline. Short walk to awesome pubs, clubs and cheap places to eat.
Because of the design of the hostel, the common room is a awesome place to meet others. With only 22 beds, everyone seems o be willing to party together or even just chillax during the day.
The downside to Carpe Noctem... I booked and rebooked to stay longer and longer. I never wanted to leave. This place is hard to move on from...
For a laugh, ask the staff about the story of the The Wolfpack and the Leopard Skin.
As soon as finished backpacking the rest of the Balkans, Ill be back to Carpe!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This is actually the best hostel i've ever stayed in. Even if you don't leave the hostel, you'll fall in love with the city and everyone in it just by sitting on carpe noctums sofa.

Room Tip: You probably won't sleep, so don't worry to much about which room you end up in :)
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

As much as I try, I cant seem to find words that can describe this hostel properly. The look, the atmosphere, THE STAFF!!!! Guys working there are the most amazing peepz eva! Im not even joking, soooo nice, so welcoming, so funfunfun!!! They grew on me by the speed of light and that was it, couldnt leave anymore, that was my new family. Guess Im not the only one, cause every single person there stayed longer than they first planned. Every night they take you out to some crazy adventures like Booze Cruise, Pub Crawl or DRESS UP! That was epic! But during the day you can get the info about stuff to do, places to see, where to eat, margaritas happy hour :D...The whole thing! Oh, and I do have to mention that the hostel is sooo clean. The crew does an amazing job in that part too.
I get so emotional talking about this experience, cause all Im doing since I left Carpe Noctem is- planning how to get back!!!
So everyone, I think theres no need to say how much I recommend this place!
Will never ever forget this trip <3

Room Tip: All the rooms are awesome!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Acworth, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

So, I arrived in Budapest without a single hostel reservation, but through some travel friends had heard of Carpe Noctem. I wasn't sure if they'd have space for me, but I made my way there, anyways, hoping for the best. Upon arrival, I talked with Charlie, and he fit me in, though I would have to change to one of the other hostels in the chain after a couple nights. That was fine.

Now, Carpe Noctem has a tremendous atmosphere. What I love is how it's a small hostel, with that intimate, small hostel feel during the day. But once night rolls around, you head out with the other three hostels in the chain, and it goes from a small, family-like feel, to a full-blown party - and do they know how to party.

Since they're in a building occupied by older residents, they have a relatively early quiet hour, which actually works out great. If you want to be up and loud, you can stay out as long as you want - no curfew, and plenty of fun to be had at the bars. But if you're ready for bed, you're assured to have nearly dead silence.

This is why Carpe Noctem gets five stars from me. I've been traveling for five months nearly, and I find I love two types of hostels: party hostels, and quiet, friendly oriented hostels. Carpe Noctem is the ONLY hostel that brought both of those together for me. I'd recommend them fifty times over, and still have more praise for them.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
budapest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

After a absolutely awesome time last year at Carpe Noctem I decided to return for 3 weeks. I cant Rate this hostel high enough the crew are absolutely awesome they are like a second family to me, love them to bits. The hostel is kept clean all the time every day when i got up there would be staff running around mopping and scrubbing and washing dishes and clothes. The crew were always willing to help out and whenever they were free would even join us on trips to wineries or birthday parties etc. Carpe also offered the best nights out that I have ever had, what more could you ask for than ridiculously cheap drinks great people and some of the best parties ever! Its not a matter of if but when I will return sooner rather than later I hope!

See you all again real soon!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Carpe Noctem Hostel? Share your experiences!