“Top notched!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Basel
“Top notched!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our group of 9 stayed 3 nights at Fraser Residence. All the staff that we came across were friendly, helpful and welcoming, from the concierge, the breakfast staff to the housekeeping staff.

Facilities were great and very clean. We had 3 apartments and all of us liked our accomodation. The location was excellent too. Fraser was within minutes to a big shopping centre and the metro. With the metro, we were right in the heart of the city in less than 5 minutes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
The training of our team members plays indeed an important role in our company, therefore it is very satisfying to read that they contribute successfully to your well being and positive experience. I will certainly share this with the team for further encouragement. No doubt that a well equipped apartment and top location rounds up the picture.

I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to the "Fraser Residence Budapest" luxury serviced apartment hotel very soon.

Alain Goetschel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed 2N in a 2 bedroom executive apartment during the Easter weekend.

We had booked direct from the Fraser Residence Budapest website, and enjoyed a 10% discount for their early bird booking promotion (for booking at least 30 days before check in).
It was a fairly good deal, as we paid around US$180 per night, for 3 persons, with breakfast and wifi.

Frasers Apartment is located off the city centre, but 1 min walk to the Corvin Shopping Mall (which is a modern and new shopping mall with a big supermarket, food court, retails shops, etc). As it is not near the main city, and as we have arranged a private guide and private transfers during all our time in Budapest, we are not sure if it'd be difficult for guests on public transport.

The apartment has a very small lobby (which has the look and feel of a small office building lobby), manned by one to two reception staff throughout the day. Check in was fast.

Our 2 bedroom apartment unit on level 5 is around 800 sq ft, and fairly spacious. The apartment is well equipped with all a large screen TV, sofa, dining set, utensils / cutleries, washing machine, ironing board, oven, comfortable beds, etc. There was a wrap around balcony in the living room. The wifi signal in the room was strong. We feel very much at home in the apartment. Frasers Residence uses Peter Thomas Roth toiletries, the same brand as what we've used at Hilton Old Town Prague.

The breakfast is served on level 1. The spread is quite limited (the smallest variety in our 16N trip) - yogurts, breads, hams, cheese, tea selection and coffee. The breakfast area is fairly cramped and small, with the tables / chairs arranged closely together. However, at least the food are freshly prepared, and we could taste the crisp on the bread rolls.

Our first experience with the house keeping was it was very slow. On the first evening of check-in, I've called around 11.30pm to request for additional pillows and a box of tissue. I had to wait for more than 30mins (with a second call in between), before they arrived. I was almost asleep waiting for them. The staff apologised that he was the only person working and hence the slowness.

The second evening, I called for additional toilet rolls and bath towels (as these not not replaced in the washroom). This time, it was prompt and we received these within 5 - 7 mins.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your kind and detailed remarks regarding your recent stay at the Fraser Residence Budapest. I am delighted that you enjoyed “Frasers Hospitality “concept: spacious, well equipped and modern apartments and all the advantages of a 4 star superior hotel.

Please accept my apologies regarding the housekeeping issues. It clearly doesn’t reflect our high standard & procedures (as normally our team pays a lot of attention to the details and gets many praises for their services). I already addressed this isolated mishap with the team; to avoid those issues in the future.

Regarding the location. Budapest being split between Buda &Pest; the Fraser Residence is actually part of the city centre. The great majority of our guests do share with me that they are very happy to be next to the public transport (1 or accordingly 2 stations from all major & numerous cultural highlights). Like in most capitals; our guests prefer to use the public transportations (in Budapest they are extremely safe, clean, easy to use and very efficient).The advantage to be a little bit off the noisy main streets or avenues is that our property is located within Budapest in a very tranquil street and offers very spacious rooms (most with balconies or big terraces).

I duly noted your constructive remarks re the breakfast area: At times it can be indeed a little bit “cramped”; (especially when we are running at high occupancy); therefore we decided to ensure for the comfort for our guests; to open up soon some more space. During the warmer days our guests will be able to enjoy as well their breakfast “al fresco” in our covered garden terrace.

Don’t hesitate to try out for your next leisure or business trips; our “Fraser Collection” & luxury serviced apartments; located in (Paris, London, Scotland and many more in the Middle East and Asia).

The Fraser Residence Budapest team and I are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I'm a loyal Fraser member. Just like all their other properties around the world, this one met up with the high standards that I've got accustomed to.

So, Location: Every Fraser property is situated at the heart of the city. So naturally, the location of Fraser Budapest was excellent. Two metro stations and one tram station nearby make transport effortless. The lively Corvin mall just 2 minutes away is a lovely place to escape to in the evening.

The Apartment: The fresh, modern and swanky interiors may actually be a con here since you would never feel like leaving your apartment and explore this wonderful city. There's free wi-fi and cable tv and pretty much everything you'd want in your apartment. I had a lovely balcony too in the two bedroom executive suite.

The Service: Everyone at Fraser makes you feel really welcome, we had an amazing concierge, the folks at the breakfast room were really friendly, the housekeeping staff were amazing too. The service is typically Fraser.

So if you're considering visiting Budapest, seriously, don't try any other place. Just blindly book your apartment at Fraser. You will not be disappointed at all.

Room Tip: I'd say choose the 3 bedroom apartments or the 2 bedroom ones. You have fantastic views of the B...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, It is quite difficult to find the words to thank you for these wonderful and generous comments (Especially from a loyal Fraser member who already appreciated the high standards in all our properties worldwide) and for sharing your experience and recommendations with all of us on TripAdvisor…

Indeed, our entire team does the utmost to take excellent care of all our guests and we aim to make every stay an unforgettable experience.
We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed staying with us and are all truly thankful for your feed-back.

It was such a pleasure to welcome you at the Fraser Residence Budapest and to share these moments with you!

Hopefully we will have many more occasions to welcome you; we are definitively looking forward to the next time!

Yours sincerely,
Dundee, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the start of a three cities trip. I had stayed a number of times in the Fraser Suites in Glasgow, and knew the standard of their studio apartments, which is what I thought I was booking. To our delight we were allocated a 1 bedroom apartment, i.e. living/dining kitchen, separate bedroom with king size bed.

We arrived early but our room was made ready for us in minutes. Room was spotless, spacious and confortable, and well equipped. It had a mini bar, which we didn't need except to keep milk in for coffee. Breakfast room was bright and clean, with a good selection of rolls, bread, croissants, cereals, cheeses, hams and fruit. Hotel has free wi-fi throughout.

Special mention has to be made of Alpert and Gabor on reception. Gabor gave us good advice about using taxis, which we put to good use when one guy tried to overcharge us, and both of them assisted when I had to report a theft (which happened on Castle Hill, not at the hotel) to the police.

All in all an excellent hotel. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
I was thrilled to read your most kind feedback of your stay with us at the Fraser Residence Budapest. Thank you for your nice remarks about the Hotel facilities and for complimenting our staff (especially Alpert and Gabor). There is nothing more motivating for us than receiving feedback like yours to continue providing services beyond our guests’ expectations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I had a very pleasant overnight stay and experienced superb proffesionalism and excellence at Farser Residence Budapest. I would definitely highlight the fact that not only the facility was very much up to its acclaimed level of esteemed international reputation, but so was every member of the hungarian staff as well. Look forward to be back again.

• Stayed March 2013
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
My team and I felt really proud while reading such positive feedback. Thank you so much for sharing your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at the Fraser Residence Budapest. I was delighted to read that you had a spotless stay with us and that you were pleased with the services provided by the staff. I will take great pleasure in sharing your notes with all of the employees; as there is nothing more motivating than reading words like yours. We do our best to create a memorable experience for our guests and I am very glad to hear that we succeeded.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Haderslev, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Nice breakfast, really good rooms with everything you need (maybe a bit more cups, plates and glasses in the kitchen), but the appartment is clean and beds nice. It's not exclusive, but it is really good for family.
Staff really friendly and the hotel is five minutes away from the metro. We couldn't have had a better hotel, and the shoppingcenter that it is next to is nice for shopping.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Line L.,
Thank you so much for sharing your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at the Fraser Residence Budapest. I was delighted to read that you had a “Perfect” stay with us and that you were pleased with the services provided by the staff. I will take great pleasure in sharing your notes with all of the employees; as there is nothing more motivating than reading words like yours. We do our best to create a memorable experience for our guests and I am very glad to hear that we succeeded.

Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I usually don't book apartments, as I prefer hotels with all its facilities like restaurant,room service, sat tv, reception 24/7 etc. Here I found all that a nice 4* hotel has, while the price was a bargain. The room was about 40sqm, and for single person use was extremly big. It was clean, comfy and well maintained. I had all amenities in the room, like iron and ironing board which was very nice. Two flat screen tv's was an extre.
Great value for money!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your kind remarks and high ratings regarding your recent stay at the Fraser Residence Budapest. Our guests often tell us indeed; how much they “enjoy the flexibility, advantages of apartment living with the services of a 4 star superior hotel”. I’m pleased that you not only appreciated all the amenities; but particularly enjoyed the comfort of our spacious apartments. (From 40 sqm to 75 sqm for a two bedroom Suite with fully equipped kitchens, free Wi-Fi and much more.)

Don’t hesitate to experience for your next leisure or business trips; our Frasers Hospitality properties and luxury serviced apartments located in (Paris, London, Scotland and many more in the Middle East and Asia).