We enjoyed 5 very pleasant nights in the Claret Room at Brody House. Brody House was very conveniently located for getting around Budapest using public transport and the neighbourhood felt very safe. The breakfast was fresh and filling - particularly enjoyed the onion bread and croissants. Other options included cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit and cheese. If you wanted more, a cooked breakfast and some other options were available (at a cost). The staff were very helpful.
There were a number of "events" with music performances whilst we were there and lots of interesting artworks to look at.
Wifi worked really well in our room and elsewhere in the hotel.
The negatives were:
1. the lack of a lift - you have to carry bags up 2 floors (very high ceilings so the are a lot of steps).
2. No fridge in the room.
3. No safe in the room
4. No tea/coffee making facilities in the room or the common rooms
5. No TV (not an issue for us but for others it may be)
We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brody House is Budapest's first private members' club and private guesthouse, offering international travellers (members & non-members) an intriguing hip place to stay. With eight individually designed double bedrooms and an apartment, each showcasing the work of young contemporary artists, Brody House offers something unique. With fairly priced room furnished in a ruggedly elegant style, Brody House is a hip yet intimate base in central downtown Pest, offering guests discreet personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Brody House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brody House Hotel Budapest