“Arazmatazz” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Araz Restaurant Budapest

Araz Restaurant Budapest
Dohany u. 42, Budapest 1074, Hungary (Erzsébetváros)
Website
Neighborhood: Erzsébetváros
Penrith, United Kingdom
“Arazmatazz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed at the Continental Zara hotel for a long weekend. Decided to try the restaurant for dinner one night and glad we did. The restaurant served both French and Hungarian cuisine. I opted for the Hungarian menu and I wasn't disappointed. Great food, well presented and the staff were very friendly and attentive. The wine recommendation, a Hungarian Cabernet Franc, complemented the meal perfectly. After three excellent courses and a superb bottle of wine, the bill came to less than £30 each. A discount of 50% had been applied to the drinks for hotel residents. All in all, a very pleasant experience, thoroughly recommended.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
AkosKovacs, Manager at Araz Restaurant Budapest, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Steve S,
First of all let me thank you your lovely review. Besides the Hungarian and French Cuisine we offer vegetarian and original Jewish dishes for our guests which we recommend you to try next time.
I am really glad that our service met your expectation and I am especially delighted that one of the awesome Hungarian wines that we offered could make your dinner more perfect.
Yws, we offer 50% discount from the alcoholic drinks for our in-house hotel guests.
I am very grateful for recommending our Araz Restaurant.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Really disappointed. we stayed in the hotel and decided to try restaurant, wish we hadn't. Far more in depth review read my hotel Continental Zara hotel review.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Pami 196,
I was really shocked as I was reading your detailed Hotel review.
I am really disappointed that the main course wasn’t satisfying for you as you found it too dry and you missed the greeneries and sauces.
On our menu card you can find every detail of each dish and what they contain so if you miss anything from the dish you can order whatever you wish as our chefs can prepare it easily.
Next time if you have any quality problems with the dish, just let us waiters know it as soon as you realize it, and they are ready to fulfil your request.
Regarding the bill, this situation was really weird for me since we really intend to raise the attention of our guests to the service fee – you can find it on every page of the menu as well as on the bill.
I was deeply investigating the case and I think it must be only an unfortunate misunderstanding, however I am really sorry that you left us with such a bad experience.
I hope that you will give us another chance to prove you how great restaurant we have.
Best wishes,
Dundee, Scotland
“Terrific Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Part of the hotel we were staying in, I thought it might not be so good as it was the hotel restaurant, but it was lovely, and the staff couldnt do enough for you

Visited September 2012
Laura R,
I am really happy that we were able to provide unexpectedly good experience for you.
We always intend to be much more than “just” a hotel restaurant and we do our best to achieve this. We only use the best ingredients for our dishes and we process with the newest kitchen technologies. Our staff is frequently trained for providing the highest level of service and for helping our guests to choose according to their taste.
If you visit Budapest next time, don’t miss to drop in, we always welcome you.
Budapest, Hungary
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great location for a biz dinner as well!!! Quality of food was exceptional, a group of 20 people enjoyed every min of it! Service was great as well as professional support from wine selection!Highly recommended!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear MK,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor readers.
We are always eager to organize your business dinner, but our restaurant is a perfect choice for any kind of family events or informal meeting as well. Besides the excellent food and professional wine selection our bartenders make you the best cocktails you have ever tasted.
I really appreciate your great feedback and recommendation
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Lovely self service breakfast - a great start to the day! Huge choice (although feta cheese and peppers was a bit early in the day for my English taste)

Visited July 2012
AkosKovacs, Manager at Araz Restaurant Budapest, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Jambar62,

I am delighted that you found our breakfast lovely. We intend to satisfy every kind of taste with our huge choice.
If you visit us next time, don’t miss our a la carte menu.

Hope to see you again.