“Awesome place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #175 of 556 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Helsinki, Finland
“Awesome place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Anadin is like a home not a hostel.. Its conveniently located just a min from the river and well connected as well.. Its a very clean place and well mainained as well....Jenny is very welcoming and a great guide to all the places we wanted to see.. The Budapest experience was an unforgettable one as we not only had a wonderful place to stay, but made new friends as well.. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Couples
Business
  • Hungarian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The most important thing to know is that this is basically an apartment with all the typical apartment amenities in a residential building in a residential district. The reception desk is not so much a thing--the owner was available by phone and email and very responsive and unusually kind and helpful, but when you get back in the evenings it's just you and whoever else is staying in the hostel. Fortunately, the hostel seems to attract a low-key but very friendly crowd--I felt like I was the youngest person there at 22, but I'm sure a lot of that depends on who happens to be staying in the hostel while you're there... anyway, after a long day of sightseeing (or, you know, lounging around in Budapest's bathhouses), it was very nice to feel like you were coming back home for the night, without the American fraternity brothers that seem to be a feature of every other hostel I've stayed in barging in at 3 in the morning and stumbling around drunk. Definitely recommended for women who don't want a party hostel--especially because the price was a bargain regardless!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was my first experience of staying in a hostel dorm, so I chose Anadin because it was small, not a "party" hostel, and I'd be sharing a room with other women. I had a lovely stay here. I actually only had one roommate for the first two nights, and then had the room to myself for the final night! There are 12 beds in 2 dorms. There are now two showers and two toilets (one bathroom with both, then one of each). My bed was comfortable and cereal, toast, tea and coffee are provided for breakfast. The free Wifi worked very well in both my room and the kitchen. It was generally quiet, although with the place being so small the common areas are right next to the dorms so it was difficult to not be heard elsewhere in the hostel. The hostel is in a great location, near to restaurants, bars and cafes, the Danube and Margaret Island, and metro and tram stops for a short trip into the centre of things. Jenny, the owner, was amazing, offering me advice via email before my stay, and then providing me with a map and her suggestions as to what I should see and do during my short stay in Budapest - if it wasn't for her telling me I should, I might not have gone into town after dark to see the city lit up by night, which was a jaw-dropping sight, I'd recommend this hostel for women who want a quiet, calm, safe place to stay in Budapest.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed one night at Anadin Hostel, I was pleasantly surprised with Jenny's helpfulness and kindness. We were in touch by e-mail prior to my arrival and she was ready to provide all the help I needed (info on transport and tourist attractions). The apartment feels more like a friend's place, suitable for girls looking for a quiet and relaxing space instead of bigger/busier hostels. Great value for money, strongly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Just stayed at Anadin this past weekend with a friend. We were in a larger room with four other women. There was a living room with a computer and tv/dvd and then another dorm room for another 6 females. There's only one bathroom and then a WC, so with 12 women sharing one bathroom, it was kind of difficult. But it was like staying with a friend with a kitchen, and our last night in Budapest it was storming, so it was nice to get back to the hostel, take a shower and watch a movie in pajamas. I think, as with any hostel experience, the other people sharing the hostel with you are what makes it good or bad. There were a couple of issues with the other gals being super loud in the evening, so that was hard. But overall, it's a great place for females and I'd recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I am an American girl in my 20s, travelling alone throughout various cities in Europe. I just returned to Vienna, after a two night stay in Budapest this past weekend. When I was searching for hostels, I looked for a girls only room, where I would feel more comfortable sleeping at night. I also did not want a hostel that was geared more towards the party scene.

Anadin exceeded my expectations. When I walked in, I was warmly greeted by Jenny. She immediately made me feel at home. She took the time to give me a tour of the hostel and also show me where we were located on the map. Jenny also pointed out the main sites I might like to check out. She was easily accessible by email if I had any questions, as well.

The Hostel itself feels like the apartment of a close friend. It is warm, cozy and peaceful. I shared a large bedroom with two other girls. Cereal, toast, coffee and tea for breakfast are also included in the room fee. I found it extremely easy to navigate the city from Anadin by foot. The Tram is also easily accessible if you prefer to get around a little quicker.

Overall, I had a wonderful stay. I have already started to, but also plan on continuing to highly recommend this hostel to any of my girl friends, and also, travelers I meet, who happen to end up in Budapest and need a place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Cosy and quiet femal hostel, located in a safe residential Budapest's district; it's 2 minutes walking from Lehel Tube Stop and 1 block far from the Danube; there is an Aldi just a stone's throw, a local market, a local grocery shop, several little coffee places, bakeries and little restaurants
I stayed there for 3 nights in a 6-bed dorm (spacious and not crowded) I had my own locker beside my bed a personal lamp and towels where provided; kitchen (with fridge and all utensils) was very clean and was the bathroom
Common room with couch, tv satelite, computer with free Internet connection
The owner is a young lady really nice and accommodating and fluent in English and Italian
Looking for a tranquil, clean, little hostel and want to feel like a local: go for Anadin Hostel then

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends