“Small & Nice” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #127 of 509 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
California
“Small & Nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Just stayed at Anadin this past weekend with a friend. We were in a larger room with four other women. There was a living room with a computer and tv/dvd and then another dorm room for another 6 females. There's only one bathroom and then a WC, so with 12 women sharing one bathroom, it was kind of difficult. But it was like staying with a friend with a kitchen, and our last night in Budapest it was storming, so it was nice to get back to the hostel, take a shower and watch a movie in pajamas. I think, as with any hostel experience, the other people sharing the hostel with you are what makes it good or bad. There were a couple of issues with the other gals being super loud in the evening, so that was hard. But overall, it's a great place for females and I'd recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Families
Couples
Business
  • Hungarian first
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I am an American girl in my 20s, travelling alone throughout various cities in Europe. I just returned to Vienna, after a two night stay in Budapest this past weekend. When I was searching for hostels, I looked for a girls only room, where I would feel more comfortable sleeping at night. I also did not want a hostel that was geared more towards the party scene.

Anadin exceeded my expectations. When I walked in, I was warmly greeted by Jenny. She immediately made me feel at home. She took the time to give me a tour of the hostel and also show me where we were located on the map. Jenny also pointed out the main sites I might like to check out. She was easily accessible by email if I had any questions, as well.

The Hostel itself feels like the apartment of a close friend. It is warm, cozy and peaceful. I shared a large bedroom with two other girls. Cereal, toast, coffee and tea for breakfast are also included in the room fee. I found it extremely easy to navigate the city from Anadin by foot. The Tram is also easily accessible if you prefer to get around a little quicker.

Overall, I had a wonderful stay. I have already started to, but also plan on continuing to highly recommend this hostel to any of my girl friends, and also, travelers I meet, who happen to end up in Budapest and need a place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Cosy and quiet femal hostel, located in a safe residential Budapest's district; it's 2 minutes walking from Lehel Tube Stop and 1 block far from the Danube; there is an Aldi just a stone's throw, a local market, a local grocery shop, several little coffee places, bakeries and little restaurants
I stayed there for 3 nights in a 6-bed dorm (spacious and not crowded) I had my own locker beside my bed a personal lamp and towels where provided; kitchen (with fridge and all utensils) was very clean and was the bathroom
Common room with couch, tv satelite, computer with free Internet connection
The owner is a young lady really nice and accommodating and fluent in English and Italian
Looking for a tranquil, clean, little hostel and want to feel like a local: go for Anadin Hostel then

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Anadin Hostel? Share your experiences!