Budapest Bike Breeze - Bike Tours, Wine tastings and Canoe rides
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 289 Activities in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for a pleasant ride around the most attractive sight of Budapest.Our guided bike tours are the best way to discover this wonderful city. At a comfortable pace we will let you experience all famous sites around Budapest, including UNESCO world heritage sites, as well as many hidden treasures this exciting city has to offer.Our interactive tours run with small groups (under 15 person), intimate atmosphere and safety is guaranteed.The routes are carefully chosen, using cycle lanes, riding trough parks, car-free streets.Our tours include comfortable bikes, refreshments, professional guides, local meal.Our tours:- Wheals and Meals Bike Tour: Budapest sightseeing covering all main sights and more in four hours. Includes a local dish / "gulyas" soup. - Easy Breezy Bike tour: two-hour sightseeing in Pest side including many famous sights of the city and some hidden treasures. - Szentendre Bike Tour: Spectacular ride along the river to a lovely little town, returning by boat to Budapest. - Wine tasting in the historic wine district of Budapest, visiting one of the largest wine cellar labyrinths of the world with many amazing jewels. Tasting of 8-10 wines from different Hungarian wine regions. - Canoeing on Danube river, north of Budapest with lush nature and clean water.Please find more info on our website (jump to it from the top left corner of this page)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
38 attraction reviews
“MISQUITOS!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My brother and I participated in the Szentendre bike tour. More like a bike ride. I could have rented bikes for a lot cheaper, 40 euros. During the tour there were 3 flat tires, and because of flooding, mud and misquitos. The guide told me I had a bad attitude, but I have over 50 bites and I will be miserable for the remainder of my trip. He stated the misquitos were not his fault yet, after be attacked on Margeret Island and then on the waterfront along the Danube, why would he repeatedly take us off the main road and back to the water were we got stuck in mud, up to my ankles, and covered by misquitos. Also he said the bikes where hybrids. They could not handle the dirt terrain, mud, and cracks in concrete. The tires were skinny and were well suited for street riding. I am knowledgeable on bikes because I personally own a mountain bike. He did accommodate my dog with a borrowed basket, but insisted that we pay 85% of the tour, even though we were not satisfied with the service. I will admit while at a stop by a lake, more misquitos, I left and continued to the town of Szentendre. There I had tourist information call him to let him know we were waiting there for him with the bikes. Living in Florida I know after rain and especially flooding misquitos can be a problem, apparently our guide DOES NOT!

Visited June 2013
budapestbikebreeze, Manager at Budapest Bike Breeze - Bike Tours, Wine tastings and Canoe rides, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
First of all: we are always very sorry if anyone who signed up to our tour does not get the expected experience. Fortunately that does not happen a lot, we always try to provide the highest level of service.

We were happy to install a basket to one bike for the guest's little doggy as the guest previously asked during the emailing and take her for a ride.

I must admit that the mentioned tour was not the easiest one. Unfortunately the previous night was a heavy rain which made some part of the Szentendre bike route muddy. As the tour normally follows the Euro6 bike route that is between Budapest and Szentendre along the river, most parts of it were in normal condition, we did not want to ride on the main road with cars. This was the first time that we met such conditions on this bike route, still many other cyclist were using it.

Mosquitoes were a problem as they just got born in the previous days and they were in extreme number, which is very unusual, but can happen in curtain days during summer. I understand that it was unpleasant, but it only happened in some areas and for some minutes only.

Our bikes are hybrid bikes with front suspension that are perfect for city and dirt road riding, obviously no bike is ready to ride in mud.

While we stopped at a lake and refreshed a bit with the rest of the group, the guest decided to leave the group without informing the guide. Fortunately she called while we had Langos in Szentendre and the guide picked them up.

Still, we arrived to Szentendre in time and had a nice walk, enjoyed the town, had some nice food and drinks with the rest of the group, everyone had a good time. The guest decided not to join us, but meet us at the boat going back to Budapest, which was fine.

In the end of the tour she wanted to be the last one to pay with her brother, waited until other guest have left and than started bargaining the rate (that never ever happened to us) because she got beaten by mosquito. We reduced the rate with the cost of the Langos, that she did not want to try, still they said: they do not have that much money. In the end they left with paying 2000 HUF less.

Despite the unlikely difficulties all the rest of the group was fun, friendly, positive and enjoyed the tour.
We think that this review is rather unfair (and contains misquotations).

London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Budapest Bike Tour Day 1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Just finished the tour in 35c heat.
We decided not to cycle up to Budapest castle, opting instead to visit the City park because of the heat.
Our guide Lulu was excellent, very knowledgable & really friendly.
The tour was 4 hrs long and included lunch in the park cafe, nice food & a well needed shade break from the heat .
The riding felt safe & Pest was ver flat, no hills.
I would recommend this tour without hesitation it's well worth the money, & Bike tours provide a far better insight covering a far greater area, which help me choose exactly what to see for the remainder of my trip.
Thanks Lulu
Kind Regards
Glen & Julie

Highland Park, Illinois
“Amazing wine tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a group of 29 on a trip from Northwestern, and we absolutely loved the tour from Akos! After walking around the Buda side, we were led into a wine cellar to a beautiful spread for lunch, immediately greeted with warm, sweet wine. Akos led us around the cellar and explained the history of the cellar and different winery tactics. A great lunch, interesting conversation, and an overall amazing experience!

Visited March 2013
modena
3 attraction reviews
“Nice, simple and effective tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very nice bike tour, with genuine approach and real customer orientation!
We visited all the main spots in a very pleasant and friendly atmosphere! Very good gulash served in a vintage cafe' in the middle of the park. Well prepared guide wirh good english. Reccomended

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Brilliant bike tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Did the wheels and meals bike tour with a few friends last week. Was a great way to see the city. Good bike, excellent guide. Not a bad price either when you get the goulash soup included. Great starting point to see the city.

Visited June 2013

Travelers who viewed Budapest Bike Breeze - Bike Tours, Wine tastings and Canoe rides also viewed

Budapest, Central Hungary
Budapest, Central Hungary

Been to Budapest Bike Breeze - Bike Tours, Wine tastings and Canoe rides? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Budapest Bike Breeze - Bike Tours, Wine tastings and Canoe rides, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.