“Great food with lovely service ” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: It's Hungary's first Michelin Star restaurant
Seattle, Washington
“Great food with lovely service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Costes is a lovely restaurant - very reasonably-priced for a Michelin-starred restaurant, convenient location in Pest, great food (my friend and I both had the four-course tasting menu with wine pairing), impeccable service and a comfortable atmosphere. An added bonus and surprise - the many amuse bouches which were sent our way during the meal + chef-signed menu to take home with us. It was a lovely dining experience to open up my first visit to Budapest.

Frederic_Germanaz, Manager at Costes, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Julie H,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to read that you spent a memorable time with us especially for your first evening in Budapest.
We are very glad that you enjoyed the flavors and design dishes of the Chef and his kitchen.
Sincere appreciation also for your comments regarding the atmosphere and the quality of service. This is very appreciated and makes our entire team very proud.

Hope to see you again very soon.

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
København
“Sublime cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We visited Costes on a friday night and it was simply one of the best gastronomic experiences i've ever had. They were super efficient when we wanted to change the time of dining and from the moment we opened the door until we left again, the service was impeccable - and very important for us, not in a surveillant way. Very subtle, very friendly. Our 3-4 waiters were very knowledgeable and also very smiling and accommodating. We had the 4 course tasting menu, but actually ended up having 8 or 9 servings in total. Between the 4 of us we had 10 different courses, and everything, every single dish was amazing....but I do have to accentuate the desert, the Granny Smith Sphere. that was the single most amazing dish any of us had ever had. The wine pairing was also spotless, and the recommended wine to the two of us who did not choose the pairing was excellent. I would recommend anyone visiting Budapest to go to Costes. It is true value for money!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Chaifa,

Many thanks for your review, we do appreciate your satisfaction and rating.
We are delighted you have enjoyed our 4 course-menu this much especially the Granny Smith dessert.
Our sommeliers try their best and we are glad that you left with good memories of Hungarian wines.

Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,
New York City, New York
“First stop in Budapest and completely blown away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was my first dinner in Budapest and our profit-driven taxi driver seemed intent on taking the long way to the restaurant when he found out 1 second into the trip that we weren't locals. This made the restaurant seem way far away, so I was instantly questioning what I was in for. I came to realize the place was much closer to our hotel than I originally believed.

The restaurant's ambiance instantly made us hungry, especially on a cold february night with a nice snow flurry outside. We had a table on the left of the door against the window which is always a favorite of mine and probably the rest of the world. The restaurant had a biased towards tasting menus (4, 5, 6, and 7 courses I believe), although you could order a la carte. Over the years my wife has slowly begun to move away from the tasting menus. She didn't get a chance to opine here as I quickly conveyed to the waiter we would both be having the 6 course tasting menu with the wine pairings. Usually we would not choose the wine pairings but I was eager to try the Hungarian wines and thought this would be a good opportunity to get established in the wines here.

The tasting menu was unbelievable. My two stand out dishes were the Deer and the Guinea Fowl. The meat on each was cooked perfectly and it was the best representation of both dishes I've ever had. These were the two dishes that really stood out the most to us.

I had no complaints about this restaurant until the waiter introduced me to Palinka, which is a Hungarian drink made from either fermented berries or fruits. There also might be gasoline in it. It was extremely strong and pungent but worth trying once or twice in a lifetime.

In the end if I had to recommend somebody a restaurant in Budapest to dine in I believe this would be my first choice. I would definitely go back again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear James J,

Thank you for your message in TripAdvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your evening at Costes Restaurant.

Naturally, it is always a pleasure to read that our guests spent memorable time with us.

We are looking forward to see you again.

Brisbane
“The best meal ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have eaten in many beautiful restaurants. Costes is up there with the best. I am still dreaming about my apple dessert. We chose the 4 course option with wine matching. There was actually another 4 courses included. For 3 hours we experienced a gastronomic delight.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederic_Germanaz, Manager at Costes, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Tony B,

Thank you for your message in TripAdvisor about your dinner in Costes Restaurant. We are happy that you enjoyed the 4 course menu with wine.
The Granny Smith Apple dessert is also one of our favourites and we recommend it for everybody.
Your comment made the entire staff very proud.

We are looking forward you again in here.

Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner att Costes yesterday and... WOW! Everything was great! The service was impeccable with smiling attentive waitors.
The food was brilliant. We took the 7 course menu, which ended up to be 11 courses with the complementary amuse bouche's. Our favorites was the John Dory and the Red Deer. The apple dessert was also fantastic, so creative! Of course the wine pairing was lovely too.

All and all an amazing evening!

Frederic_Germanaz, Manager at Costes, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear AnnaCStr

I was delighted to read your words about Costes Restaurant.
It is always a pleasure to get such a nice feedback.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the 7 course tasting menu with the wines, especially the John Dory and the Red Deer.
A special enjoyment for us that our waiters could find the best balance between professionalism and friendliness.
Thank you once again for your comment.
Hope to see you again very soon.

Best regards,