“Yum” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trofea Grill Etterem

Trofea Grill Etterem
Budapest, Kiraly Utca 30 - 32, Hungary | At the crossroad of the Király st. and the Paulay Ede st, Budapest 1061, Hungary
+36 20 999 8797
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #126 of 1,864 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: International, European, Hungarian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Trofea Grill Restaurant is an all you can eat and drink restaurant. However you can use our restaurant for different types of events like Birthday party, Meetings, Annual Meeting, Team-building, Bachelorette party, Wedding reception and for Families or for Friends. In every occasion we support you with a cake according to our tradition. Our price includes not just the wide range of delicious foods but the high-quality champagnes and wines as well. Come, and try our traditional meals and the unforgettable atmosphere!!!
Dublin
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This place rocks. Make sure you visit. €20 all you can eat and drink. Classy, fun, what a place! Food is delish. Try the shark. I feel like Dora the food explorah. Xox

TrofeaGrill, Manager at Trofea Grill Etterem, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Our Dear Guest "LioDublin",

Thank you for your nice comment and recommendation here on Trip Advisor! We hope we can welcome you again in our restaurant! We are glad, that you liked the shark! :)
Thanks again for the recommendation!

Best regards

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Budapest, Hungary
“Good food, mid. service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The Bufe is well presented, and extensive, the wait staff however lack leadership and training,, the waiter we got the first time was friendly and attentive, but lack experience and knowledge of her menu and offers on hand... the manager was also, quite inexperienced in handling my complaint about having to keep my shopping bags with me att the table, when a coat check accepted my party's coats !!!
Second time, waiter excellent, but the rest of the staff seemed lost, and indifferent to what anyone was looking for or needed...
Over priced for Budapest with what is on offer , and the untrained staff... memorable experience !>? not so much...

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Our Dear Guest "TonyCyprus",

Thank you for your feedback here on Trip Advisor.

First of all we feel sorry that you has such an experience. In our restaurant a criteria for the staff being able to give information about our offers, food and drink selection in more languages but at least in English and of course in Hungarian. We are very strict about that.

We also offer a wardrobe service just at the entrace. We always offer for our guests to use this if it's convenience for them. Our staff always communicate with our valued guests that we can not take responsibility for their values. Maybe there could be a misunderstanding on this. Here our valued guests can hang up their coat and jackets as well as we shopping bags, baby carriage, suitcases for our travellers... or other special things such as kis roller.

We sorry again if you had other experience. We truly hope you give a second chance and try our restaurant.

Best Regards
Athens, Greece
“Variety and good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Have a meal in a luxurious restaurant. We had lunch for about 3.900 f which is great for the food and drinks included. Big variety of hungarian dishes and also you can choose from a grill cooked food fish and meat which are cooked on spot. Offer also dessert.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TrofeaGrill, Manager at Trofea Grill Etterem, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Our Dear Guest "Natasa A",

Thank you very much for your lovely review, as well as the nice words: luxorious restaurant. We hope we can welcome you again in our restaurant in the near future!

Best wishes,
Lebanon,Pa
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stopped here on a rainy evening as it was just down the street from my hotel. I am so glad that I did. I had a very enjoyable time from the moment I walked in. The staff was very welcoming and friendly.
There is a decent selection of foods both at the cooking station and at the buffet. The salad selection was a bit limited,but with the other choices available I was not about to fill up on salad anyway.I mostly went for the various chicken dishes, which were all quite good. The pork in dijon sauce from the cooking station was also very good. The grilled cheese really stood out to me as well,especially on a cool rainy evening. There is also a nice selection of desserts for those that save room.
This is an all you can eat establishment, but there is a three hour limit in place. For me that is more than enough time. Drinks, including beer and wine is included in the price, which adds to the value. The atmosphere is welcoming. There were families, couples and various size groups there, so it appeals to a wide range of guests.
I feel that it is very much worthwhile to visit here. I was certainly satisfied with my experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TrofeaGrill, Manager at Trofea Grill Etterem, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear "Ray g",

Thank you very much for your time taken to leave your recommendation on us! It was a pleasure to read it not only the recommendation but the lovely story how you find us and decided to stay! We are glad, that you stopped at our place and you had a very enjoyable time here. Thank you again for your nice and detailed recommendation and rating 5*!
We hope we can welcome you again in our restaurant in the near future from Lebanon!

We wish you all the best for the New Year!
Bijeljina, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Simple the best value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was twice at this place during my stay in Budapest. The first one for dinner time, I payed 16000 HUF for 3 adult and one child for excellent food and service and the same night I booked next day lunch. Price was 3900 HUF per person. I've had really bad experience with this type of restaurants, especially one in the circle of The City of Art and Science in Valencia, Spain. But I heard from friend about Trofea it is something like buffet price but restaurant quality.
Basically I found that hospitality is weak point in Budapest (services were still in Soviet era) but this restaurant had great service.
The atmosphere is little too busy but it's up to the guests not to the stuff or something else.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Our Dear Guest "Konektor",

Thank you very much for your time taken to leave recommendation on us here on Trip Advisor! It's a pleasure to read that you and your family became returning customer, even for a few days! We appreciate it a lot. It was interesing to read your story with previeus places in other countries and general opinion about Hungary. It is an important feedback also. Yes, you could find our restaurant busy but we are glad that our service and hospitality was appreciated and you were generally satisfied with it! Thank you again your recommendation and rating 5* for Value and Service.

We wish you all the best for the New Year!
Best Regards