Stayed here for 1 night. I was looking for a place with ensuite bathroom but not expensive. This is basically someone's apartment and the rented out the rooms. In summary, it was an okay stay but I'd stay elsewhere if I'm ever coming back to Budapest.
- Clean, quite modern
- Responsive host if contacted via email, good English
- Location is near tram and one stop away from nearest metro station
- Free sparkling water
- Good wifi
- A bit difficult to find even with instruction, but once you know where it is, easy to go around
- The magnetic room card key failed few times for me. I had to try 6 times until it succeed. Its a bit scary as it was midnight that time and the host is living elsewhere. She said if there's anything just call her but tourist for 1 night like me would not bother purchasing Hungarian phone card and I'll have to use my origin country number which will makes it international call! Gah!
- I really had to go to the bathroom and there's no common bathroom at all beyond the private rooms (the host said). - doubt it tho because where would she go if she needs bio break? - think she has another toilet but guests were just not allowed to use it
If you find my review helpful, appreciate if you can press that helpful vote. Thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Budapest GuestRooms is a family owned, charming, cristal clean, recently refurbished B&B in a classical building in Budapest city centre. At Tripadvisor we have been awarded in 2013 the Traveller's Choice and in 2014 the Certificate of Excellence. We offer a perfect solution if you are looking for a convenient and affordable central accommodation in Budapest. We are pleased to feed you with local information, recommend you what is going on in the city and help you to make programs. Our pleasant and peaceful guesthouse is located near to National Museum, Dohany street Synagogue, Vaci shopping street, the famous New York caffee, Andrassy avenue, lively pubs, restaurants, music clubs. We offer FREE WIFI, a bottle of mineral water, kettle with coffee and tea, fridge and air-condition in each room. Breakfast is optional. We have a convenient location to reach everything on foot in the centre, but if you would like to save time public transport connections are also excellent from us. Our street is a one way reduced traffic street, thanks to this the rooms are very quiet. There is a car park close to us in a new parking house the cost is about EUR 10/ day. Stay with us to feel like home and you will get real value for your money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Budapest GuestRooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.