“good clean hotel @ Budapest center , definitely preferred hotel in the city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center

Special Offer
15% off
Ranked #62 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“good clean hotel @ Budapest center , definitely preferred hotel in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel was a bit difficult to reach by car, and if you miss a specific exit you may end up driving a clover route to finally reach the place because of the one way roads.

But having finally reached it, I can say that the hotel is superb - Very clean, nice furnishings, good working airco, good tv, good bathrooms, good breakfast selection (a fine mix of fresh cooked eggs, champignons, and fruit). Room also has good fast internet (which is not free, but was included in my rate...).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We enjoyed reading your compliments on our guest rooms and the facilities which are designed to make your stay as pleasant as possible. I am very proud that the breakfast selection was a pleasure for you.

I hope you would consider to stay at our hotel again the next time when you arrive to Budapest.

My very best,

Ferenc Horváth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very good as usually you can expect from a Marriott hotel. Room was excellent, only missing thing for me was that the hotel does not have a lounge. Will definitely stay there when back to Budapest next time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and leaving us such a positive comment. We are more than happy that we could ensure you every expectation from a Marriott brand. We are also glad that you have enjoyed our spacious rooms. As Courtyard is a select service brand among the Marriott brands, instead of a lounge we offer a modern lobby, where our guests can chat, relax or connect to the Internet with the free lobby WiFi access.

Again, thank you very much for your excellent feedback. We would be more than happy to accommodate you at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center when your travel brings you back to Budapest.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The staff was great and always helpful. Right next to the subway at a very central place. The breakfast was excellent, well prepared, with a variety of goods. It was the conference hotel but I would probably choose it anyways.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center and writing such a positive review. I was delighted to read your generous remarks about our staff. I am happy that you have found the breakfast tasty and abundant as well as that you were satisfied with the central location of the hotel.

The employees will be thrilled to know their efforts were acknowledged and appreciated.
Let me thank you once more for your valuable feedback and I cannot wait for the pleasure of welcoming you in the near future which will be hopefully as pleasant as this previous one.

My very best,

Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel sits smack at the intersection of the metro (line 2) as well as the tram. Getting in and out and all over town was a breeze. Hotel staff is pleasant but the real fun is at the bar. Daniel and his team make for fun happy hours! Rooms are typical Courtyard--not many bells and whistles. Happy with the amenities for the money I pay. Breakfast spread is very good but I'd be grateful if they'd work on their scrambled eggs. I had dinner there one evening and the foie gras was unbelievably wonderful! Concierge was nowhere to be seen most of my stay even though business cards were all over the place. My four nights at the hotel were most enjoyable.

Room Tip: Perfect springboard for sightseeing
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for your valuable time taken to share your experiences and write such kind words regarding your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am glad to learn about your compliments on our rooms and location – indeed we ensure easy access to both metro line 2 and the tram. It fills us with joy that you were happy with the restaurant, especially with the happy hours. Please be assured that we have noted your slight negative comment as well.

Once more, thank you for your generous feedback. We will be delighted to welcome you back!

Ferenc Horvath
oxford, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Another city, another F1 weekend, another hotel!

Marriott is not a brand I would usually choose to stay in as i've been disappointed many times in the past, but this trip i've ended up in this '4 star' property.

Firstly the good points. The front desk check-in was efficient even though I was never asked if I was a Marriott Rewards program member. The hotel seems to be vast with rooms down labyrinthine corridors which are well signposted. The rooms are a good size with A/C which works properly, this is not common in Budapest. Internet in the rooms is either wired or Wi-Fi and whilst expensive works well.

Now to the bad:
There is no luggage service. Your taxi will dump you outside as quickly as they humanly can (parking restrictions) and you are then left to get your luggage through the revolving doors. That's fine if you have one bag, but more than that and you will have to hope then nobody steals the others whilst you negotiate the door. Why they don't have a bellhop is completely beyond me.

I usually leave hotels early in the morning and expect my room to have been cleaned by the time I get back late afternoon (16:00) so that I can get through the shower having spent the day baking trackside. Here 'the rule is they have until 17:00 to clean rooms' and whilst mine was done promptly once i'd called housekeeping twice (no answer) and then complained to the front desk that is not acceptable in a property which claims to be '4 star'. If housekeeping cant get them clean earlier then you need to hire more staff.
I asked to speak to the duty manager. An hour later and no sight nor sound of them, nor a call to say when they might find time in their clearly very busy day to talk to me. I now remember why I don't like the Marriott chain.
Won't be back in a hurry as there are many other better properties to stay at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our spacious rooms and the methods of Internet access. It fills us with joy that you were happy with our efficient staff as well.

I am sorry to learn about your problems with the taxi service. Our staff at the reception would be delighted to help you with the luggage next time, please inform us previously about this need.
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the service provided to you by our housekeeping staff. Based on your feedback we are going to perform an in-depth examination of this issue.

Your review will aid us in further improving the experiences of our guests, which is of prime importance to us.
We sincerely hope you will provide us with another opportunity to welcome you back as an in-house guest whenever your either business or leisure travels bring you to Budapest.

Ferenc Horvath
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel was a awesome and a very reasonable rate. Good food, clean rooms that have been recently renovated and a great location with public transit literally out the front door. I did think that the market and bar were a little pricey compared to other places in the area, but they were convenient. Also, I wish that free Wi-Fi was included in the rooms and not just in the public spaces. The staff was always attentive and courteous. I would absolutely stay here again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center. I highly appreciate your honest feedback.

It fills us with joy that you could enjoy the gastronomical efforts of our chefs. It was also a pleasure to read your description of the rooms. Please be assured that I will share your praising words with the entire staff. I am glad that you were satisfied with the public transport. I am delighted to inform you that we have completed the installation of the new routers, therefore, Wi-Fi Internet is now available in all of our guest rooms.

We will be delighted to welcome you back!

Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

very good location but sad stuff not smiling at all and not helpful when asking question they answer it with taffy way they don't want to answer but the the stuff in the breakfast was very helpful and great
no one to take the bad from outside the hotel very rude , and they did`t to take the luggage to from the room when checking out
but clean hotel and very good location and near from the hip off hip on tour

Room Tip: the main entrance view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Michanova,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experiences with the traveling community regarding your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am pleased to learn that you liked the cleanliness and the central location of the hotel which ensures easy access to the more important stations of the city.

Nevertheless, I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the reception staff by finding them sad and unwilling to react to your questions.
I would like to assure you that your remark has been transferred to the Front Desk crew in order to prevent any repetition of this matter as guest feedback is invaluable to our efforts to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Let me thank you once more for your valuable review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future!

Ferenc Horváth

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center? Share your experiences!