“great location, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #64 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manhattan, KS
“great location, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great location next to a metro station. Coffee maker and iron are available in room. I was not able to find the hotel's business center that, according to the info posted in the the elevator, is located on 6th floor. Instead, I found it only when I was checking out, in the bar area close to reception. The receptionists were all friendly and professional. There is no currency exchange at the hotel and no free internet in your room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Witoldzio,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am pleased to read that you liked the central location of the hotel, thereby ensuring easy access to the metro station and to other public transportation.
It is always a pleasure to know that the efforts of our professional staff are appreciated who will be thrilled by your praising words.

Thank you for sharing your experience about the business center and bringing it to our attention. Please be assured that we will check the posted information in the elevator in order to prevent any repetition of this matter.

Let me thank you once more for posting such a valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Kind regards,

Ferenc Horváth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Coimbatore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Situated right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of the city, this hotel is one of the best bets in Budapest. The room that we stayed in was a standard double but it definitely looked like a deluxe. The decor and bathroom fittings are of classy taste. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed the buffet breakfast every morning, with a wide spread of delicious breads and pastries on offer. The little lobby bar/cafe by the reception is a nice cozy place to relax and chat or be on your own.
The hotel also had some culinary classes on one of the evenings of our stay. you can check with the hotel staff about the schedule and prices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear KanchM,

What a delight to read such a positive review regarding your December residence at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center!

It is always our goal to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and I am extremely happy to have been able to do so on this occasion.
I gladly see that you liked the design of the rooms and that you enjoyed the service of the staff. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel pampered and welcome.

Special thanks for emphasizing the wide selection of the breakfast and the convenience of the hotel lobby.
I also appreciate your remark on our culinary classes. Every month we organize cooking courses where you can taste various foods cooked in the open kitchen of the Oléo Pazzo Mediterranean Bistro.

Let me thank you once again for taking the time and leaving us such a valuable feedback.

I look forward to the pleasure of accommodating you as an in-house guest when your either business or leisure travels bring you back to Budapest.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was my first time here and stayed 4 nights in March. Hotel was in a great location near transportation and within walking distance to many attractions. Hotel restaurant was very nice and not too expensive. Rooms were nice and clean. Staff was very helpful for any questions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center and writing such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you liked the central location of the hotel within the city, thereby ensuring easy access to the public transportation and to many beautiful attractions.

Special thanks for emphasizing the helpfulness of the staff who work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. They will be thrilled when sharing your nice compliment with them.

I also appreciate your comments on our nice rooms and restaurant.

Let me thank you once more for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you as an in-house guest when your either business or leisure travels bring you back to Budapest.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I spent 4 nights here recently with my wife, and we both had a great stay, it helped that Budapest was unseasonally hot, 30 degrees in April!

The hotel is centrally located, making it ideal to get around, we spent the first two days using the hop on hop off buses, that also included a trip up the Danube, and the last two days walking around, so we feel we covered it nicely. If you enjoy walking then Budapest can be covered by foot, and we actually found was fairly simple to navigate. If you come out of the hotel, turn left, and then left again, follow the road down for twenty minutes by foot, you reach the Danube.

We actually came back with some money, we found Budapest to be very reasonable, and in a number of bars a pint would cost less that a pound, I think I may retire there!

The Hungarian people are on the whole a friendly lot, and seemed happy to assist, and genuine with it, makes a nice change from London!

As for the hotel, again, friendly and attentive staff, nice and clean, good facilities, the bar is more expensive than bars outside, but not outrageously so. Breakfast was certainly adequate, the room a good size with a lovely high ceiling, and one of the quietest rooms we have ever stayed in!

There is also a fairly small, but very good sauna/steam room and gym upstairs that is free to use, just check at reception that it is on before going, although inforned that it gets busy, in the four visits I made, I only saw one other person using it.

So, overall, hotel great, Budapest itself, very nice, and would we return, definately.

Room Tip: Higher rooms for the view and quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Martin C,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time and sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

It is a pleasure for us to read how much you enjoyed your abstention with us.

It is very nice to learn that you really liked the central location of the hotel, thereby ensuring you easy accessibility to discovering the capital city and its beautiful attractions.
It seems from your feedback that you had the chance to meet and talk with Hungarian people and it fills me joy that you experienced them happy and friendly.

I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with the hotel rooms being spacious and quiet as well as with the staff being amicable and attentive.
Our crew which is the base to offer the close and personalized service Courtyard is famous for, always attempts that our guests feel very comfortable, well installed and welcome.
I also appreciate your remark on our sufficient breakfast.

Let me thank you once more your generous feedback and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I would like to say that this was my first trip to Hungary and only the second time I had been to Eastern Europe and I did not know what to expect but I have only good things to say about this outstanding hotel, this beautiful city and this wonderful country and it's people. Budapest is a very big city and I would recommend that anyone who arrives at the airport should take the airport shuttle to the hotel. It only costs about 22 dollars (US) and you get an open return ticket for when you leave. The airport seems pretty far and you cannot beat the price. The hotel itself is just beautiful. The rooms are very large and have all the amenities. All of the furniture is new. There is nothing shabby about this place at all. The bathrooms are spotless and look like they have never been used. Everything works perfectly. On the second day, I tried as hard as I could to find something wrong with my room and I could not! The housekeeping staff does an absolutely outstanding job. They have modern room safes that are big enough to store your valuables. There is a refrigerator in the room with NO mini-bar. There are large flatscreen TV's and it is possible to order movies and go on the internet on this TV. They have something called a "communications package" that gives you unlimited movies and internet for 24 hours and I think it cost 6.650 HUF, about 29 dollars (US) and I would recommend that someone figure what movies they want to watch and catch up on their e-mails and facebook all in this 24 hour period as these services cost too much if you order them individually. The lobby is large and comfortable with couches and a bar to the left. The dining room is toward the back but I didn't eat there so I have no opinion about it. About the only thing that I didn't like is there is no free continental breakfast. The front desk and concierge desks are on the right when you walk in and are ALWAYS staffed. I never saw less than 3 people working there and everyone is friendly, courteous, and willing to answer any question you might have. Everyone that I interacted with spoke surprisingly good English. I noticed that they have a business center and conference rooms upstairs but I don't know any of the details. One thing that I would definitely recommend to anyone who is planning on going to any of Budapest's tourist attractions is for them to buy the Budapest Card. It is available from the concierge at the front desk and comes in 24, 48, or 72hour durations and is an excellent value. You get free public transportation and free admission to museums and other attractions and discounts to lots of other things. If you go to more than 2 things it will pay for itself. Just get the information and plan before you buy it and then you can decide which card is the best one for you. The tram runs right outside the hotel and all of the sights are within just a few kilometers of the hotel. The hotel is in downtown Budapest. There are stores, restaurants and bars right outside the door. The Danube River is only about 2 kilometers away. Also, for people that don't know, Hungary has it's own currency (forint) so you can't use your dollars and euros and pounds there. Don't exchange currency at those kiosks! There are banks everywhere!! Use your credit card for the shuttle to the hotel and walk to an ATM to get the money you need. I had a great time and I know I'll be back to Budapest and when I come back I will definitely stay at the Courtyard by Marriott, Budapest City Center!

Room Tip: This is such a nice hotel that there is nothing I could tell you to improve it!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

What a delight to read your extensive review full of wonderful comments on your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center!

It is always a pleasure to learn that a guest leaves the hotel satisfied and with good memories.

Thank you for describing with so much details our complete services and facilities.
As it is our deepest desire to offer comfortable accommodation, I enjoyed reading your portrayal of the rooms having all the necessary amenities which are designed to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Furthermore, please allow me to thank you for your recognition of the Housekeeping and the Front Desk staff for their efforts in making you both feel so pampered and special.
The employees will be thrilled to know that their work was acknowledged and appreciated.

It fills us joy that you were also satisfied with the central location of the hotel, thereby ensuring you the opportunity to explore this vibrant and beautiful city not only by public transportation but also on foot by finding a lot of attractions in walking distance.

Let me thank you once more for sharing your memorable and all-embracing experiences and recommending us to the travelling community.
This is a beautiful award for our daily labor and keep us motivated to encounter the compliance of our demanding quality standards.

I hope you had a nice journey home and I cannot wait to welcome you back among us and make your next visit as much pleasant as the previous one!

Ferenc Horváth

P.S.: Next time do not miss the experience of our delicious food served at the Oléo Pazzo Mediterranean Bistro!
Quito
3,321 helpful votes 3,321 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This property is well located in the center of the city. I went with my son to spend Christmas time, and we really enjoyed our stay. Staff were so helpful and accommodating to any of our request, which included an upgrade to a suite. Although we did not enjoyed to a great view, it was the ample space and comfort that really made us so happy. It is quite near to any means of transportation, and it has been built over a small convenient shopping center.

Lot´s of traditional restaurants and walking distance to most of the famous Budapest attractions like the river Danube or Andrássy Avenue. If you are a good walker, then you will love your daily "own planned" escapes from where the hotel is located in Buda to the palaces and castles in Pest crossing the Chain Bridge and the Danube Promenade, an unforgettable and pleasant memory you must experience in life.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center and sharing your valuable experiences with the travelling community.

It is always a pleasure to know that the expectations of our guests are met.

I am glad to learn that you liked the central location of the hotel, thereby ensuring easy access to the public transportation and to many beautiful sights of the capital city.
I also appreciate your comments on the spacious rooms and on emphasizing the helpfulness of the staff.

It seems from your feedback that you had the chance to discover both side of this vibrant and enthralling city. I truly hope you returned home with full of this pleasant memories.

Let me thank you once again for your kind review.
I am delighted we could help make your visit a special and unforgettable one and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back among or guests again soon.

Craiova, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

A very nice hotel. All the staff were friendly and courteous.Customer service, especially reception, was the best ever. The room was spotless, comfortable and stylish.All in all a very enjoyable experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ramona D,

Thank you for finding us on TripAdvisor and posting such a positive review concerning your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am delighted to read that you had a memorable experience with us and you were satisfied with our comfortable rooms and friendly staff.
I will pass on your appreciation to the team who cannot wait to welcome you to our hotel again.

Thank you once again for your valuable words and we are looking forward to your next special stay with us.

Ferenc Horváth

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center? Share your experiences!