“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Continental Hotel Zara Budapest

You added Continental Hotel Zara Budapest to your Saves list
Continental Hotel Zara Budapest
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dohany u. 42 - 44, Budapest 1074, Hungary (District VII / Jewish Quarter)   |
Ranked #39 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Booked this hotel after seeing the reviews on Trip Advisor and it certainly did not disappoint. It is ideally situated for sightseeing in Budapest. We had dinner in the restaurant and the choice, service and helpful staff made it the best meal we had in Budapest. The first floor bar also makes amazing cocktails! The rooms were spacious and very clean. I would definitely recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Zara Budapest, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Kiroru,

many thanks for your post on Tripadvisor. I am more than happy that we did not fail in service after the complimenting reviews. It was good to read that you enjoyed our ARAZ Restaurant just like the cocktails in our Gallery Cafe.

I appreciate your recommendation very much.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights and the hotel was perfect. The rooms were really clean and had every thing you could ever need. The hotel is ina really good location and is walking distance from most places. There are lots of bars and resturant close by. The staff were really helpfull. The breakfast was good, there was lots to choose from and the resturant is really pretty. i would with out a doubt stay here again and i would definatly recomend this hotel to you.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your satisfied words on your recent stay. It sounds very complimenting for all of us, as the goal of our daily routine works is to meet expectations and go even beyond!
I agree the neighborhood became a charming attraction of the city with the bohem bars, pubs and galleries.

Many thanks for your recommendation and I hope you will have the chance to return.

Budapest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very nice hotel with clear style and friendly staff. We have had dinner included and they were offering various dishes to choose from. The portions were nice enough and the waiters were always very attentive.
At the breakfast the restaurant was filled with guests, but it seems like they pay lots of attention to reload the serving counters.
Unfortunately because of the weather the roof pool was closed but the indoor spa area looked welcoming as well.
The only negative experience was the shower in the morning - no hot water, only lukewarm and also the room could have been warmer. Even we set the thermostat for 24 degree, the temperature hardly reached the 20. And the receptionist guy at check in didn't seem to be too professional, as he leaned to the reception desk. Apart from him the front desk people were great!

Dear Guest,

I was happy to read how much you liked the dinner and the breakfast. Next month, i.e. in April we reopen our roof top open air swimming pool, so it is a good occasion to return. A apologize for the sudden cold in the second part of March, which is quite unusual here and we could not scope for some hours.
Despite the relively cool and the unprofessional receptionist I appreciate your scores.

Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at Zara hotel for our wedding anniversary in March. We were delighted upon arrival, as we were upgraded and there was beautiful fruit in our room. Hotel is beautiful and service was excellent. Thank you Zara management & staff.

Dear Puccini66,

let me wish you again all my best for your wedding anniversary. Reading your feedback we could surprise you and make your stay memorable.

Warmest regards,
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Superb stay in a very posh hotel and reasonable price as part of a flight and hotel package. Great foyer and coffee area, thoroughly recommended for tea or cocktails after a day sightseeing. Breakfast busy but immense choice and quality. Very central location and the icing on the cake is swimming in the heated open air pool on the rooftop at night under the stars - magical!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Paul D,

I feel your satisfaction from your hearty review. We open the rooftop swimming pool early April despite of the cool wheather, so you can book your room again!

Many thanks for your post and best regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is the first time I have written a review, but we had such a good experience at the Continental Zara in Budapest recently that I felt I had to review. The hotel itself is lovely, in a modern are deco way - the only way I can describe. Very comfortable, very clean and excellent staff. Would really like to compliment the young lady on the concierge desk who was most helpful and patient in booking restaurants and trips for us. We ate in the Hotel restaurant on our first evening and the food and service were very good, extensive menu and reasonably priced. The Breakfast was exceptional, could not have had more wide and varied choice of dishes. The rooms are spacious, beds large and comfortable.
The hotel is quite convenient and within walking distance of most sites, probably 15 mins to the Danube. We used the nearby metro station, as I cannot walk too far, and found the whole metro system very easy to use and convenient. We bought a Budapest card for 72hrs and as well as all transport use we got discount at various restaurants/cafes and attractions.
Would recommend The Spoon Restaurant boat moored on the Danube for a special treat, views fantastic.
We loved Budapest and the Hotel, would definitely recommend and would stay again.

Dear Guest,

your review is very important for us. I understand some guests do not like to write a review. We had to work good, if you felt forced to write a review about your stay. I will pass your compliments to our female Concierge - we have some. It was good to hear that the location of the hotel was good to explore the city.

I hope you will be able to return to us and thank you for your recommendation.

London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here for a planned one night before moving on to another hotel for the rest of my stay in Budapest. As I knew I was only going to be there for a few hours (arriving late and checking out the next day) I opted for the most basic room. This was small (and the shower cubicle verged on the claustrophobic), but was clean and comfortable, and all I needed for my short stay. I didn't opt for the hotel breakfast, as at 15 Euros it seemed very steep, and I knew I could get an excellent breakfast nearby for only a third of that cost. The hotel staff were exceptionally helpful, including meeting my cab outside with an umbrella when I arrived during a torrential downpour.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

some guests think the standard rooms are small, but the majority of our guests are satisfied with it. We do have three higher category - and obviously bigger - rooms too.
Breakfast - if not included in the room rate - is well worth for the money due to the wide selection and quality. I hope you menat the budget option for the exlusive breakfast rate.
Many thanks for your positive remarks on the staff.