“Excellent value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Continental Hotel Zara Budapest
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dohany u. 42 - 44, Budapest 1074, Hungary   |
Ranked #30 of 330 Hotels in Budapest
Belgrade, Serbia
“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I spent 2 nights at the Continental Zara hotel while on my business trip to Budapest.I attended an event at another hotel and wanted to find accommodation that is not too pricey, but also decent and close to the main venue. After looking the Trip Advisor, my selection was the Continental Zara, close enough and a 4-star hotel with very affordable rate. I booked bed and breakfast. We had the car, and parked it in the hotel garage, while the check-in was very smooth and fast. The rooms are very cozy, with all the amenities necessary for a comfortable stay. After a long trip, what I needed was to relax in the wellness. First I used the fitness, pretty good selection of machines (2 treadmills, 1 stepper and two stationary bikes-these are for the cardio, and the rest are the machines typical for the gym). Very clean, water provided, paper tissues and towels). The wellness upstairs consists of several saunas, Jacuzzi and a small swimming pool. Again, very clean and just the proper size for an effective relaxation after a business trip. The cost for fitness and sauna is 6 EUR.
The buffet breakfast is served from 7 AM, and indeed it represents very good quality selection of continental breakfast, Hungarian cheeses, hard cheese, salami, sausages, healthy choices, eggs prepared in a variety of ways, greenery. Selection of bread and buns, and the yogurt which was available as fruit yogurt and natur- a must, must try! Selection of fresh fruit, but what I really liked - the orange juice squeezer, so every morning I started with the fresh orange juice.
Also, coffee at the coffee machine is superb, which is most often not the case, and I'd rather skip that part, and have my coffee elsewhere, but at the Continental Zara the coffee is just great.
Since I was only for two nights, and as I did not really have time to be longer at the property, I can only say that the service, cleanliness, communication with the staff was very good. The check-out smooth and easy. If I happen to go soon again, I will definitely come back to the Continental Zara.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Zara Budapest, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

many thanks for your detailed description on the hotel. Noone could better and more authentically describe it than a guest with own experiences. I was especially happy to read how much you liked the coffee from the coffee machine. Yes, you are right, most of the time this type of coffee is horrible in hotels, but not in our case!

What I wonder however, that despite such nice compliments our hotel not deserved the highest score. Hopefully when you return you will evaluate us with higher points.

Many thanks and best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Can't fault the place. Lovely staff. Clean rooms. Good location. Food more than acceptable. We would definitely stay here again. And recommend a stay here for a lovely relaxing time. Rooftop spa and pool is excellent. :-D

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your time and efforts on placing this short but suggestive review. This sounds brilliant both for the potential guests and for us too.

Thanks for the great scores and see you again!

Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed there for 5 days for a city trip. Our room was very clean, so was the rest of the hotel.
The Welness-area was not that big, but nice enough to swim a bit or sit in the jacuzzi.
Breakfast was fantastic, everything filled on, good food and nice drinks. A lot of variety and friendly staff.
I almost cannot find negative points...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback on the breakfast and on the wellness area. I must assume you had a pleasant stay with us, you could not even find any negatives, which sounds us very complimenting.

Wish we would deserve the highest scores based on your compliments!

Anyway, many thanks and best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Well located on the pest side of the river within easy walking distance of the city.
Managed to get a fantastic deal staying for 3 nights with breakfast included (breakfast is self service and has more than enough choice).
Hotel is beautiful and very well maintained.
Service and attention to detail is remarkable.
Highly recommended as a base for exploring the city.

Dear Helene H,

It is so flattering to read such nice satisfied reviews! On the other hand also very dangerous for potential guests. What happens if we fail or cannot meet the high expectations? Reading some reviews with a score of 4, full with compliments and positive remarks, I have to think that we cannot exceed expectations, which are sometimes too high.

Many thanks for your recommendation!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Came in summer and stayed a couple of nights - the swimming pool & sauna was really good and the breakfasts incredible. Came back for my birthday in February. Not quite the same as we had booked through a different agent ( check carefully if you want to use the pool without extra charges ) - we had really wanted to use the pool/sauna every day this time...
Breakfast still amazing!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

I hope by the different reservation arrangement you still enjoyed your stay. In certain rates the entry fee to the wellness are is really not included, but I am sure the 6 euros price is reasonable.

I was satisfied to read that you liked our lavish breakfast!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just returned from staying 5 days at the Zara Continental and thought it a really comfortable, well located and just generally nice hotel to stay in especially as I was alone. The staff are friendly and helpful, they have an excellent breakfast and good room service and there is a rather nice spa and a pool on the roof.I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

many thanks for your nice compliments and feedback. All in all you liked everything, we hope next time we will deserve the maximal scores.

Caistor UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night break at the Continental Hotel Zara and we had a great time. The staff were excellent and extremely helpful. I found the bed too hard and, although they couldn't replace it(understandable) they arranged for extra duvets to be placed under the sheets to make it softer for me. The breakfasts were very good and well varied. All in all an excellent base to explore Budapest.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor(non-smoking) and found it very quiet and easy to access the bar and recepti...