“If you like Call of Duty, you will love this!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 93 Fun & Games in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for an exciting activity in Budapest book your session today and try shooting with real pistols, revolvers and rifles!
dundee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“If you like Call of Duty, you will love this!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I managed to convince my girlfriend to go with me to Celeritas Shooting Club when we had a city break to Budapest. I noticed on their website that the minimum for a group was 2, but as my girlfriend was not really wanting to take part I thought it was not going to happen. I emailed the owner Peter and he was very accommodating and said he could arrange for me to join up with another group.
The range is a wee bit out of the city, but the metro and bus service pretty much took me to the front door. Dont believe the other review about it being hard to get here, it couldnt be simpler.
The owner Peter and his staff explained all the safety aspects and definitely put you at ease with there professionalism. Peter trained the firearms department of the Hungarian Police Force for 10 years so I felt I was is very safe hands.
The guns i shot were from a .22 Calibre Ruger, through to the big boys toys, the .44 Magnum (Dirty Harrys Gun), the AK-47 and Pump action shotgun.
I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this was the most fun I've had with my clothes on. It was an experience I will never forget and definitely one I would recommend to anyone who wants to experience the power of these weapons. Absolutely awesome!!!
Ten out of ten to Peter and his staff for making my trip to Budapest a memorable one.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
“Most fun with your pants on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

For someone who has never fired a gun before, this was an incredible experience!!

To organise this, you can email Celeritas booking address, or book online.
Getting there is very easy via public transport. You just get off at the Torontal Utca HEV (train) stop and its a 50m walk.

Without giving too much away you are taken through a wide range of guns in a very safe environment and given plenty of freedom to fire them (at the paper targets, of course!). The "greatest hits" package was plenty of fun for a first timer, but if you want to tackle the sniper rifle, the "shoot em up" package has this and much more.

For the cost (30-60 euros) this was a great way to spend an afternoon, perfect for a stag night or, like me, a beginner.

Thanks guys!!!

London
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“If you've never handled a gun before and always wanted to - go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I saw this on Tripadvisor and got our hotel to book it for us. It was 4000huf and about 20 minutes in a cab from the Gellert. You have to walk through an industrial estate to get there - it's at the back on the left in the last building, in the basement. Gyula, our instructor, was great - very straightforward and informative. We had the Shoot 'em All package and two and a half hours went by in minutes. There were four of us, which seemed the perfect sized group. They seem busy at weekends and we went at 5pm on a Monday afternoon when it was nice and quiet. Very exciting and great fun. Cab back was only 2800 so you could negotiate on price.

Sunny Sussex
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic Time Had By All”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

This was the highlight of a very enjoyable trip to Budapest. I booked up the Greatest Hits package over the internet for my friend and I, which was extremely easy. The instruction at the range were all in English, extremely professional and clear. We were merged seamlessly with a group of three who shot the 'Shoot em all' package' and had a superb time. The instructors were very patient and supportive of everyone making sure we had a great time. We were started off on .22 pistols and worked our way up to a .44 Magnum which is a bit of beast. We then moved onto the MP5, AK47 and pump action shotgun.
Getting there by public transport could not have been easier, Tram 2 to Vagohid then the HEV to Torontal Utca. The range is located in an industrial park off Torontal Utca close to the railway station and is well signposted inside.
Suitable for everyone. My friend had not even shot a cap gun in his life and he enjoyed totally unique experience. Me I will be going back, this time I'll 'Shoot Em All'.
Please take a camera.

Nuneaton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No Transport!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Do not book this!

Their prices seem great until you find out there is no transport included. We tried to find it with taxis, but coud not resulting in us not getting to do the shooting and losing all our money as they would not refund us.

Visited June 2011