“Ghost tour was more walking than talking” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Free Budapest Tours & Multilingual Guides

Free Budapest Tours & Multilingual Guides
Deak Ferenc ter (M1-2-3 station), Budapest 1051, Hungary (District V / Inner City)
+36 20 228 5477
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 188 Tours & Activities in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Meet Orsi, Dora, Andi, Julia and other local tour guides! We offer free walking tours in English/Spanish, low-cost private tours in many languages and the only Ghost Tour of Budapest. Free tours = only for tips. You need no reservation, just show up! Every day, intimate and interactive, usually in small groups. - Orientation Tour (From Pest to Buda): 10.30 AM. Essential Pest Tour (Faith-Terror-Communism): 2.30 PM. - "Unique and highly professional" (Lonely Planet Budapest 2009).
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ghost tour was more walking than talking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Unfortunately did not enjoy the ghost tour. While the tour guide was a very good actress, it was much more about the theatrics than any really good ghost stories. It felt like we were walking for ages in between each story, and whenever we did stop the stories didn't last more than a couple of sentences. Was very disappointed.

Visited October 2013
Hunadam, Owner at Free Budapest Tours & Multilingual Guides, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Dear Reviewer,
thank you for your opinion. It is highly subjective though what a "good ghost story" is. It is true that we don't invent our stories but all of them are from the real history of our city. I am sorry if this wss not scary enough for you. However many people think that no invented story can be more scary than the real horrors of history. Your other statement about the stories "not lasting more than a couple of sentences" is just not true! I am sorry to say this and that we made you disappointed.
Best regards,
Adam - manager

• Turkish first
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I joined for two toura which are the 10.30am one (buda +pest side) and 2.30pm one (pest side). 10.30am tour is 2.5hours long. The tourguide explains well. She brought us on time to the buda castle to watch the grand changing of guard. She is the best tour guide that i ever met for my 2weeks europe trip. She is fantastic. For the 2.30pm tour, it was 1.5hours only. The history of pest side is well explained. She is willing to help us to take photos. Both of the guides are friendly amd willing to give some tips on food and sightseeing. This tour group is a must in budapest!

Visited September 2013
“Two amazing free tours with Kate at Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

These free tours made my trip very special and joyfull! Me and my girlfriend just fell in love with Budapest after hearing it's history and seeing it's sights together with our guide Kate.
The tour was both cognitive and fun. Kate gave us the exact ammount of information we needed, and if someone had any questions left, answering them with a great disire and enthusiasm.
All that information and fun was free, which is amazing!
Thank you for making our trip to Budapest so great!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Agreat way to start your time in Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stumbled on the tour by chance outside the President's building and really glad we did. The guide Ursula (Orsi) said we were more than welcome to join (we'd missed about 1/3 of the tour) and she gave us a quick update of the section of the tour we'd missed. She was very imformative in a relaxed manner and kept everyone's attention with loads of facts about Budapest. At the end of the tour, Ursula was happy to chat with people and recommend restaurants, bars, coffee shops we wouldn't of found otherwise. I'd highly recommend the tour.

London, United Kingdom
“Best way to know Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My friend told me about Free Budapest Tours, so I didn't need more, I joined one group. That was a great choice; Katie the travel guide is amazing. Told me everything about Budapest, and she made jokes, smiled a lot, took pictures about the group, she made the tour interesting, fun. I got another informations like where to shop, go out, other cities. I hope I'll go back with my friends.

Visited September 2013