“Amazing Hostel and city” 5 of 5 stars

2Night Hostel
22. Szt. Istvan krt., Budapest 1137, Hungary   |
Ranked #182 of 508 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Amazing Hostel and city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed at this great hostel for 6 nights and I was quite sad I had to leave the city and hostel. The hostel was located in a cool large stone building built around a beautiful centre courtyard. When I stayed it was getting cold in the city and even snowed a bit but inside it was always beautifully warm and I always looked forward to arriving back after exploring Budapest many beautiful streets. The hostel was clean and has a good dinning room area with a big table which is good for socialising with other travellers and the staff too, which were amazing, so helpful with things to see around the city, relaxed and friendly, made it feel like I was just staying over at some friends house.
Next time I return to Budapest I'll definitely being staying again, which will hopefully even be soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Homy, cosy, and a great atmosphere hostel with no limit coffee waiting for you. Nice surprise with the breakfast served up till midday, so no hurry with getting up. The conditions are okey, since during our trip we've seen most of possible sollutions; great sence of humour of Matt and his staff makes your day even if cloudy outside. Perfect location makes your day& night sightseig easy and comfortable. As we return to Budapest, we'll choose this place again for sure!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

great staff, clean beds, rooms, & bathrooms, friendly fellow travelers, free wifi and easy to access computers, good breakfast. I started my travels in budapest and liked this place so much that I stayed again when I returned at the end of my trip. Very happy with my experience on both occasions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Umea, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Despite the cheesy name, this place is awesome and the staff super friendly. I was enthusiastically greeted by my first name when I checked in and given a brief tour. Staff was very trusting, giving me the option to either pay upfront or pay when I checked out. There were three bathrooms for ten people and the place was very clean. The beds are fortunately not bunk beds and are quite comfortable, and sheets/towels are provided as well as large locking storage boxes next to each bed. Most of the other travelers were either solo or traveling with a friend, so they were easy to chat with and share experiences. The staff will do your laundry (and even hang it to dry) for a very reasonable 3 euros per load. Wifi was fast and reliable. The staff is also very attentive to guests' needs: the morning I left, the shower head broke and upon being notified the owner promptly rushed out and purchased a new one and replaced it. The only downside I can think of is that it's on a main road and so the traffic noise can be quite loud when trucks go by which might be a problem for light sleepers (just bring earplugs, problem solved!). Overall a great place in a decent part of Budapest, wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was a cute place with lovely staff. However going in July meant that it was really hot and we were unable to open the window as the place is near a train station and on a main road which you can here. However great breakfast and homely atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was my first hostel experience ever and I'm glad I chose the 2night Hostel for this! Great and very friendly staff. Even before our trip every question was answered by Matt the owner. My friends and I stayed in two large Double- bedrooms. The rooms were very spacious and clean. There was a very homey feeling to the whole establishment. Breakfast was simple but good. All in all I would definitly recommend this hostel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Poznan, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've been there in September 2011. My plan was to stay just 1 night there but It was such a great hostel is such a nice city that I've changed my plans and stayed longer! Hostel is very clean, good facilities, and quite cheap! Staff is really friendly and helpful! I'm always recommending this place to my friend visiting Budapest! We'll be back! best regards from Greg Tom Hostel, Krakow!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to 2Night Hostel? Share your experiences!