“Its got a smoking terrace for crying out loud!! How can it not be cool!?!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Suite Hostel

You added Suite Hostel to your Saves list
Suite Hostel
Imre Utca 4 | Imre Utca 4, Budapest 1093, Hungary (Belváros-Lipótváros)   |
Ranked #137 of 559 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“Its got a smoking terrace for crying out loud!! How can it not be cool!?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

First few nights in Budapest we staying in 'all central' hostel down the road from Suite Hostel, We then met someone who was staying in Suite Hostel and said it was nice so we decided to check it out.

Overall Suite Hostel was pretty cool, obviously the smoking terrace speaks for itself but besides that, the place was pretty chilled out which made it easy to speak to people.
The main issue was the 4 flights of stairs to get to the hostel or wait for a insanely long lift, but you soon got used to it.

The main factor which made our stay brilliant was staff, Jay & Billie were amazing, a really good laugh to go out with and they helped us out heaps too getting to know our way around.

Cheers Jay & Billie! we had a bonza time!

Room Tip: Choose one with fit women in them.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Myself and two friends flew to Budapest from Dublin on our way to Exit Festival in Serbia, only two of us had bookings as the third friend came along sort of last minute. We were booked in a hostel a few floors down (it was in a large apartment building, apparently like alot of hostels in Budapest), and stayed there but they were full so my friend Grace stayed upstairs in Suite and had a great time. (Our hostel downstairs sucked). We went to the festival and partied for a few days and then rang them on the way back and they booked us room. We took a night train there so arrived way before check in but they were friendly and helpful and stored our stuff while we explored the city. We had an amazing time when we were there and the staff were really friendly which makes a huge difference in anywhere you stay. The staff started off a drinking game in the common area which is really chill and then took everyone who wanted on a bit of a pub crawl, which from what i can remember (i drank a bottle of vodka before going out) was alot of fun. When i go travelling and stay in hostels it's about the vibe and being able to meet new people and Suite hostel was one of the better place's i've stayed for this. Nice big dorm rooms, smoking areas on the terrace (I'm a chain smoker so this is a big plus for me) beer for sale, nice staff who are travellers themselves and can give you good advice. I'll definitely be back, a big cheers to Sylvia and Courtney and Gary!

Room Tip: Stayed in a dorm room, was really big and had its own lounge/kitchen area
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Liège, Belgique
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Here is the mail I received from them 4days before my arrival :

"Hello, we emailed earlier about checkin in time but unfortunately we have had some problems with the room you reserved and unfortunately the room is not available anymore because we have to renovate. We are very sorry about this inconvenience. Suite Hostel staff."

They didn't propose me any solutions nor other hostel nor compensation, I had to book another hostel in a hurry.

So ofcourse I didn't go to the Suite Hostel, but I can say that they are unprofessional about this kind of behaviour.

And the worse, today I received mail about my "non arrival" and that I have to pay the night ?!

LOL, kidding me

Such a pity... for this hostel

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

This is not a normal hostel, it is in an apartment building. Only has two "dorm" rooms of 8 but they are basically bedrooms. The cupboards are filled with someone's belongings and the bathroom was pretty dirty. Has a really weird feeling about it. Didn't enjoy my stay here.

• Stayed January 2012
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

I am a very slow traveler and I enjoy staying in a location for weeks rather then plow through and glance at all the highlights and I am so happy I found Suite Hostel. The staff here is amazing! I had bad luck with my passport and laptop being stolen and the staff went out of their way to find the guy who had it and EVEN WENT WITH ME TO THE HOSTEL HE WAS AT TO HELP ME GET IT BACK . Their kindness didnt stop there. I lost my debit card and had to have one sent to my home in the US and then sent to me here which would take a 15days and the staff said it was ok if I stayed... I dont know what i would have done without them. It was so nice to have strangers be so trusting... They really made me feel like they WANTED me to be here and not that they were just providing a service. On several occasions various staff members asked if I had money for food and that I should let them know if there is anything they can do to help.
I stayed in the 8 bed dorms which are simple but are nice for sleeping... Thats all you use them for anyway. The common room has a huge number of DVDs and games you can play. There is a full kitchen and computers you can use, with free internet. They have a laundry service and will let you hang dry them if you dont like to use the dryer. There is a few board games and you can set the dining room table into a pingpong table... good times... Sometimes watching the guys play XBOX was more entertaining then movies were.
I think the only thing that was bad was the really really slow elevator but stairs are probably the healthier choice anyway.
This hostel is a 5 minute walk from a huge market place where you can buy cheap produce and hungarian nicknacks and a ten minute walk from a bikram yoga studio (very important to me) and there is a 24 hour pub around one corner and a vegan indian restaurant around the other... so basically everything you need.....
All in all... suite hostel is a very lovely place, with kind workers, and a nice atmosphere and a great location.
PLUS one of the staff is really nice to look at...
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

This hostel is located well, and is two minutes away from a metro stop, and is also walking distance from the center. The staff here are all over the place, and never really seemed to know what was going on. For example, the first night we stayed there they over-booked, and if the staff were asked a question then half the time, they didn't know the answer to very basic questions. It was very hard to sleep because you could hear every word that came from the kitchen, and there were boys drinking and playing games until the early hours in the morning. The kitchen was filthy and the kitchenware was never cleaned. There was air-conditioning available, but you had to pay for it. I would recommend this if you were there for nightlife, but if your there for a quiet weekend, avoid at all costs.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends