“Really bad” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lisztro

Lisztro
Liszt Ferenc Ter 10, Budapest, Hungary (Formerly Passion) (Terézváros)
+36 1 268 0199
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Terézváros
“Really bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We were here with 4 friends. The waiter did speak English, but not too well, we had a hard time asking him for more information about the food. He was not too friendly, after he got us on his terrace with a big smile, I didn't see him smiling once anymore. Food would have been alright if it wasn't for the meat in the so called vegetarian soup. After pointing out that is was there, the soup was taken away, but in the new soup was still a piece of meat (probably missed a piece while scooping the meat out of the plate in the kitchen). The waiter told us the soup would be free because of the trouble, but still charged the soup afterwards.
The food is also pretty expensive for a restaurant in Budapest, in my opinion not worth the money. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Whittier, Alaska
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Stopped at passion on a whim. I just read the previous reviews and I must disagree with the negativity. I Tried two dishes: The Shrimp Tapa and the Goat Cheese Salad. They were both very well prepared and presented. I could have eaten 10 orders of those wonderful butter poached shrimp with garlic and lime. The goat cheese salad with dried fruits and basalmic reduction on rucola was a great balance to the acid of shrimp dish. The long island ice teas are standard if not a little on the pricey side. But it is nice to find a place in central Europe that is not afraid to use ice in their cocktails! The scene is touristic and lively. Nice parkway like setting. Staff was friendly and attentive. I don't think I would return here specifically, but if I found myself in the area, I certainly wouldn't avoid the place either.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Budapest, Hungary
“Terrible food for high price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food we had in Passion yesterday was terrible, and I felt that the place is definitely overpriced compared to the quality of the meals served. We opted for grilled pork medallions and gipsy style pork, and cottage cheese balls with ginger sauce for dessert, but all of them was terribly made. I felt like being in a restaurant where the owners think that it is enough to have their place in Liszt Ferenc square, but it does not matter what quality meals they serve to their clients. Definitely a really bad experience for me, and I do not recommend this place to anyone.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Denbigh, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food, bit pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Food was superb, top notch. The steak my Dad had was wonderful. I opted for a chicken burger which was very good and the other two in our group had the Hungarian burger.

Prices are on the high side and I felt overpriced for the area and Budapest generally. Service was mediocre and our table was apparently in a non smoking area however the table next to us 'lit up' and consequently I got a lung full of smoke. I was not happy with this.

Overall the food was what made Passion but remember there is plenty of other options in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
“Fine Stop of a Liszt Ferenc sq. Fastro Tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you enjoy steaks, burgers, and tapas: Passion is your ideal choice in the 6th district most gastro-crowded square.

Probably, this square has the highest restaurant per square meter value in Budapest... There are some pubs, diners, restaurant below and some above the average (passion belongs to the latter), but in general, it is a bit overcrowded, and you will not find really good places.

Anyhow, meals at Passion were enjoyable, local draught beer potable, but none of them very special. Portions are quite small, especially compared to prices. Service is good, outdoor terrace provides plenty of seats in summer.

3,5: between average and very good. (BTW, TripAdvisor: semantic scale would provide better rating)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere