“Brilliant hotel, perfect location, fantastic staff, excellent value - stay here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments

Free taxi from Airport
Ranked #11 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

My wife and I have just returned from our honeymoon in Central Europe and we spent 3 nights at the Opera Garden Hotel. The hotel was perfect for us. The room was very modern and large and the breakfast was excellent - loads of choice (both hot and cold) and it's possible to order items (omelettes, boiled eggs etc) directly from the chef. The location is also excellent - very central and just a 2 minute walk to the Opera House (which has a metro station directly outside it) and the price of the hotel is amazing.
We also loved all the "little touches", such as the free mulled wine and the fact that the staff had noted on our booking form that it was our honeymoon and taken the time to write us a note and put a complimentary bottle of champagne in our room on arrival (the only hotel out of the 3 we stayed in throughout the holiday to note it was our honeymoon).
Overall, we couldn't fault the hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Dear ”Tones1979”, Thank you for posting a fabulous comment on Tripadvisor. I am absolutely glad that you found our hotel a perfect choice. It was great to read that you were satisfied with our breakfast products including the extra options. I am delighted for the appreciate words in relation to the hotel room. I am also glad that we could make your honeymoon a memorable one with the ”little touches”.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hermitage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

The rooms and public spaces are contemporary and well designed – though please note that the rooms are not large – with a kitchenette. Plush towels. Very good beds and linens. The hotel was spotlessly clean.

Friendly and helpful staff. Extensive breakfast. Excellent location in the heart of Budapest one block behind the Opera House. 2 minute walk to Metro on a pedestrian street.

Our family had two rooms for a couple of days in November 2010. This hotel is an extraordinary value. Using the prepaid option we paid less than 100 euros/night for a room that could easily cost twice that.

I still marvel at what a great value this hotel is. We will return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear”danb208”, I would like to thank you for this fabulous comment left on Tripadvisor. It was great to read that you were satisfied with our exclusive big plush towels and the bed with comfort mattress. I am glad that you highlighted the cleanliness at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments for other travellers. I am also glad that you found our location excellent. In addition I would like to thank you for the appreciate words regarding the hotel staff and buffet breakfast. I trust that we can welcome you back in the very near future.
Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

I can't really add much to the positive reviews already posted. This is a brilliant place to stay. Little touches like the complimentary mulled wine by the lift were nice. The reception staff are really well trained and first class. The hotel is clean and comfortable throughout. It is in an excellent position for seeing the city. Simply couldn't fault it at all

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear ”Jurneyman”, I would like to appreciate for your fantastic comment left on Tripadvisor. I am glad that we could make your stay perfect and found our location excellent. I was also delighted to read that our staff’s service exceeded your expectations.
NYC, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We stayed at the Opera Hotel for 4 nights at the end of September. It was our first visit to Hungary. The city is amazing and our stay at the Opera Garden Hotel was perfect. The location was great, on a quiet street with cafes nearby. We walked everywhere from the hotel. The front desk staff was very pleasant and very helpful with restaurant suggestions, directions, taxi arrangements. Breakfast was wonderful and again, the staff was helpful and so pleasant in the breakfast rooms. Our room was lovely, bright, tastefully decorated, quiet and comfortable. One thing I would be aware of when reserving is the elevator does not go all the way to the top floor. I know that many people, me included, look for hotels with elevators.
I hope to return to Budapest and would definitely stay at this hotel again. Our stay at this hotel made the entire trip to Hungary a delight. It was a lovely place to call home for our time in this magical city.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear ”travelnyc312” I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your honorific feedback on Tripadvisor. It was a real pleasure to read that we could make your stay memorable and share the Opera Garden experience with you. I was glad to read that to read that our staff’s service exceeded your expectations and you were satisfied with your hotel room too. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the stairs beetween the 3rd and the 4th floor. Due to the extra floor built on the top of the hotel we were unable to lengthen the elevator. I am pleased to inform you that me and my colleagues are always more than welcome to assist anyone with their suitcases.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel which was recommended by a Budapest dental practice. The staff were very friendly and attentive throughout the whole stay and the room was modern and very clean. There was a roof terrace where guests could relax and the hotel was in a good central location. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear”JudyGa09”, Thank you for recommending us on Tripadvisor. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were satisfied with your room, its cleanliness and found hotel staff hospitable. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
annecy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

we spent a week at the opera garden and everything was just perfect ! if you want to stay in a quiet hotel with a nice staff, clean and nice furnished rooms, a great service, a wonderful breakfast, and all these close to all amnities, choose this hotel and not another. Small details like : occitane products in the bathroom, hot red wine offered at tea time.... just great we will come again and again !

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, November 3, 2010
Dear ”annecy”, Thank you for recommend us on Tripadvisor. It is our pleasure that we could make your stay enjoyable I also would like to thank you for the laudatory words in relation to our service, staff , breakfast and the hotel room. I was glad to be heard that you set a high value on our l’Occitane products and the home made mulled wine which we offer complimentary for all of our guests during cold nights in the winter period.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I was a lady travelling alone for business, which I often do, and I can honestly say that this hotel is one off the nicest and cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in, its not a large hotel, but for me its what I like, The staff were more than helpful, even to the point when I was sitting outside after a delightful breakfast when it got chilly a waiter bought out a blanket for me
When I go back to Budapest there is know doubt that I will still stay there again

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear ”Ladytraveller037”, I would like to thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. I appreciate for your honorific and kind words regarding our hotel. It means a lot for us. I was also delighted to read that hotel staff’s service exceeded your expectations We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Been to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!