“Modern hotel close to the opera house” 5 of 5 stars

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hajos Utca 24, Budapest 1065, Hungary (Terézváros)   |
Ranked #8 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“Modern hotel close to the opera house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel which was recommended by a Budapest dental practice. The staff were very friendly and attentive throughout the whole stay and the room was modern and very clean. There was a roof terrace where guests could relax and the hotel was in a good central location. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear”JudyGa09”, Thank you for recommending us on Tripadvisor. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were satisfied with your room, its cleanliness and found hotel staff hospitable. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
annecy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

we spent a week at the opera garden and everything was just perfect ! if you want to stay in a quiet hotel with a nice staff, clean and nice furnished rooms, a great service, a wonderful breakfast, and all these close to all amnities, choose this hotel and not another. Small details like : occitane products in the bathroom, hot red wine offered at tea time.... just great we will come again and again !

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, November 3, 2010
Dear ”annecy”, Thank you for recommend us on Tripadvisor. It is our pleasure that we could make your stay enjoyable I also would like to thank you for the laudatory words in relation to our service, staff , breakfast and the hotel room. I was glad to be heard that you set a high value on our l’Occitane products and the home made mulled wine which we offer complimentary for all of our guests during cold nights in the winter period.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I was a lady travelling alone for business, which I often do, and I can honestly say that this hotel is one off the nicest and cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in, its not a large hotel, but for me its what I like, The staff were more than helpful, even to the point when I was sitting outside after a delightful breakfast when it got chilly a waiter bought out a blanket for me
When I go back to Budapest there is know doubt that I will still stay there again

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear ”Ladytraveller037”, I would like to thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. I appreciate for your honorific and kind words regarding our hotel. It means a lot for us. I was also delighted to read that hotel staff’s service exceeded your expectations We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Having read the reviews on here we arrived with high hopes for our 4 night stay recently and we weren’t disappointed. The hotel was fantastic, our room (208) had two large bedrooms with extremely comfy king size beds and a good sized kitchen and bathroom. Breakfast was also great, with loads of choice of breads, meats, cheese, pastries, plus bacon, eggs and sausages etc. It was the little touches at the hotel that made our stay perfect, like the complimentary mulled wine when we arrived back in the early evening. The reception staff spoke perfect English and were incredibly helpful.

The location of the hotel was brilliant too, we loved the bars and restaurants on Hajos Utca, particularly the one opposite, the hotel and the one a few doors down on the same side of the road – they both offered cheap food and drink which was great quality. We walked everywhere on our stay, and found the hotel to be in a great location to reach the river, Opera House, Chain Bridge, Parliament, Basilica, shopping area and baths.

All in all, I couldn’t recommend this hotel more and would definitely tell friends and family to choose it. Thank you for a great holiday!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear ”Jules081”, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your impressive comment on Tripadvisor. I am absolutely happy that your stay was a memorable one and we could live up to your expectations. Thank you for the appreciate words regarding the rich buffet breakfast and hotel staff. I am pleased that you found our location brilliant. I was also glad to read that we could warm you up with our complimentary mulled wine. I would be more than happy to assist you or your friends with any future reservation at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.
Middletown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This is where you want to stay in Budapest! Impeccably clean, kind and helpful staff, stylish modern decor, fabulous breakfast, free in-room wifi, and a hot tub/sauna as well! If we ever return to Budapest, we would stay here again for certain. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear ”mjartsy11” Thank you for sharing your honorific comment on Tripadvisor. It is our pleasure that your stay was memorable with us. I would like to thank you again for the kind words in relation to our style, modern interior design the cleanliness of the hotel and the rich buffet breakfast service. I am delighted that you could take advantage of our free wifi and wellness facilities. It was nice to read that our staff could do everything to enjoy your stay. Please let me know if I can assist you with any future reservation at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Clean, modern room, helpful staff who speak excellent english. Good breakfast available for 3+ hours. Very close to Opera house and Opera metro Station.
Two thumbs up.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear ”Walla Walla”, Thank you for taking the time to recommend us on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that you considered our location good. I am also glad that our services could meet your expectations and hope that you had a memorable stay with us.
North Coast NSW Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

We were impressed with the friendly service, the spacious bedrooms and the breakfast choices. A great cafe/restaurant was only a few steps from the hotel, with the opera house a short walk to the end of the street. This theatre district is quite beautiful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dear ”Jillipop”, Thank you for taking the time to leave your nice comment on Tripadvisor. I was glad to read that our service has met your expectations. It was also great to heard that you like our neighborhood and our central location.

Been to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!