“Best value Ive ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free taxi transfer
Ranked #11 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Berlin, Germany
“Best value Ive ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel has the best value for the money Ive paid. We spend four nights in a beautiful small room in the 4th floor (therefore sunny and silent) and were really happy about everything. The service was great and nice, the breakfast also and even the cleaning stuff was pretty nice! Its amazing to see how much attention those people paid for their guests.

Tip for TV junks: Bring your own Apple TV (or whatever), because the fast internet connection allows to stream TV directly to your mobile device. The basic TV program isn't that good..

Room Tip: I would ask for a room in the upper floors, because some have their windows to the inner courtyard...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear „bruns-berlin”,
I am extremely happy that you liked your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. Your kind praising remark regarding the work of the reception in our Hotel is much appreciated and very motivating for us to continue delivering the highest level of service.
I was really happy to read that you have highlighted the work of our Housekeeping staff, and our good breakfast selection. I would also like to thank you for honouring our Hotel with your generous remark as the best value you have ever had. Should you decide to return to Budapest again, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The location of the Hotel was very nice and well connected to most tourist spots in and around the city. The Hotel in itself was very clean and beautiful. I stayed at the facility for 4 days during my recent Business meeting at Budapest. We were a group of four Managers and were put up at four different adjoining rooms. The rooms had all modern amenities including Satellite closet, nice linens, television, mini-bar, coffee maker and a wide range of complimentary toiletries in the washroom. The service too was excellent, though we did not require too many such calls. All we ordered for were a few cups of coffee (We were too lazy to use the coffee maker). Very fast and effective service. The front desk was really helpful and offered us a load of guidance about nearby tourist spots, where we could spend some time. Of course we did not get too much time to go sightseeing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear „JakeTporry”,
I would like to thank you for your valuable time leaving your great comment on Tripadvisor. I was my pleasure to see how much you were satisfied with our central location and the overall quality and cleanliness of the Hotel. I would also like to thank you for highlighting the long list of the room amenities we provide. Your kind words describing our service fast and effective are highly appreciated. I was proud to read your opinion about the professional work of our reception staff.
Should you decide to visit Budapest for a family trip next time, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed here for two nights and found the staff to be more than helpful.The room was clean and contained everything you would need for a fantastic stay.The area was excellent with lots of restaurants close by.all in all we enjoyed our stay and would definitely be happy to come again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear „scarybear”,
I would like to thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read that we could to contribute to an enjoyable city break in Budapest. First and foremost, please let me to thank you for your recognition of our staff for their efforts in making you feel at home. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of your room, and liked the area in which we are located in. Should you plan your next visit to Budapest, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We were here for three nights and had a wonderful stay throughout. The hotel has a sleek, contemporary yet modest design and is situated in the nice end of town, just off the upmarket Andrassy Road and close to a metro stop which finishes near Széchenyi Chain Bridge (under 10mins - approx. £1 pp). We stayed in an executive room (identical to the main picture) on the 3rd floor, which had a high quality finish, was spacious and clean. Can't say we had any issues with noise ourselves.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel facilities were good, we used the hot-tub and sauna which is a very nice space. We chose the bed & breakfast option, which was of good quality and reasonable selection.

We arranged our taxi to the airport through reception which was a similar price to what we paid at the airport to get there (approx. £20).

Overall, would definitely recommend this lovely hotel for anyone visiting this beautiful city.

Room Tip: 308 was the executive room on the corner of the 3rd floor and is identical to that shown in the main...
Dear „Ian M”,
Let me thank you for your great comment left on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.It made me very happy and also proud to see that your room and our other services have been able to live up to your expectations in all aspects and you had enjoyed your time with us.I especially would like to thank you for pointing out our central location in the downtown of Budapest. Your positive review is highly appreciated and I honestly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future!
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My stay at Opera Garden was most enjoyable. The offer personal touches not normally seen at this price. The hotel was full of nice little things that made the stay very enjoyable: complimentary bottle of wine with a hand written welcome note, mulled wine to warm you up in the evenings, unobtrusive placards with pointers on how to operate all the things in the room, key card envelope with preprinted room # and wifi access code. The staff seemingly always had a smile on their face. The breakfast was a perfect balance between healthy and hearty with a few fresh sweets thrown in. Everything in the hotel seemed new. The location was also excellent being a couple of blocks off 2 main roads / metro lines.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear „garry s”,
Thank you for your detailed and positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I really appreciate you taking your valuable time to share your experience with all the readers of Tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you were pleased with all the little touches and services and with the way we provide them. Futher I was happy to read that you have also enjoyed our breakfast selection and describing as healthy and hearty at the same time.
We hope that you will visit Budapest again and you will grant us another chance to be at your service in the future.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 3 weeks and the experience over all was excellent. Noise was in no way a problem. On only one of the nights was there any noise at all and that was minimal. It was clean, the bed comfortable and the service was excellent. The staff at the front desk all spoke perfect English. Their recommendations for restaurants and directions to tourist destinations were very satisfactory. The breakfast staff were very friendly and accommodating and the breakfast itself was very good. My only complaints were that room was small and there really wasn't a chair to lounge in, however I would definitely return there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear „CRloverNY”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for leaving an excellent comment on TripAdvisor of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to read that you found our hotel quiet and that noise was in no way a problem. I was so proud to see your praising words regarding our Front Desk staff. I was glad that they could be at your service with helpful recommendations during your stay. Please let me highlight that our executive rooms are larger than the superior ones and most of them have armchair as well. It was also good to read that you were satisfied with our breakfast selection and with the staff. Please feel free to contact me directly should you plan a next visit to Budapest and I will provide you one of our largest room.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights, not sure what the hotel part of the hotel was as what we saw and stayed in were apartments. The location, staff, breakfast, cleanliness, modern quality look to the apartments were all fantastic and I would of rated my overall stay as 100% excellent if it was not for the layout of the apartments and the noise I experienced on all 3 nights.
The apartments are on 4 levels basically going around in a circle with a lift in the middle, tiled floors, noisy doors we could hear everyone coming and going at night..between the hours of 10pm and 1am we heard 21 times of doors, feet, conversations it was very annoying as we needed sleep...our city breaks are full on we want to see everything so late nights do not happen so rest is a must. I rang reception on the first evening to complain they were really good and explained we would be moved the next night to the quietest room they offered. I felt relieved as I couldn't cope with another night of that.
We were moved from room 305 to 407 it was on the top floor next to the roof terrace. There was only 1 room in our passage way so thought this would be great however we could still hear noise from the main stairway,doors and feet again. It was raining heavy on 2nd night so could hear all the rain on the roof terrace, 3 separate fans were on and off all night and the mini bar fridge was noisy, dustbinmen came by around 6am and the cleaners were about from that time so it was a very very noisy place to stay overall and for this reason I would never return and I am surprised not many reviewers have said similar. It was a real shame as everything else was great. But for me sleep quality is important.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear „Nicobar_11”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for leaving a comment of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on TripAdvisor. It was my pleasure to be seen that the location, the staff, the breakfast and also the cleanliness have met your expectations. We try to do our best day by day to provide the highest quality of services to our guests. Regarding to the noise you mentioned please accept my sincere apologies. I was sorry to read that you could not have a good night sleep during your stay. After you reported to my colleagues that the first room you stayed in was noisy we immediately offered you another room on the top floor. Our aim is to reach 100% guest satisfaction and to make every guest’s stay a memorable one. We have soundproof windows all around the house. We got really a few complaints about the noise and that is why we take your complaint even more serious not to happen again with anyone in the future. I would like to call your kind attention that the mini-bar can be turned off not to hear the noise of it. Regarding your comment about the noisy cleaning staff I can assure you that I will look into this matter and talk to the Housekeeping Manager to avoid similar situations in the future. Please contact me directly should you plan a next visit to Budapest and I will provide you with the quietest room we have. I trust that I will have the chance to show you the real Opera Garden feeling in the near future.