“At home in Budapest” 5 of 5 stars

Free taxi transfer
Ranked #11 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
“At home in Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I traveled for two weeks in Europe with my wife in August, including a few cities in Czech Rep., Hungary, Austria and Germany. Opera Garden was the best hotel we stayed in, although not necessarily the most expensive. Excellent staff, always warm and helpful. It was clear from the beginning that they were focused on providing great service and making their guests feel as comfortable as possible. Very good breakfast, comfortable and clean room, excellent location by the Opera House (as you would expect) and a subway station. Not far from the Danube, a nice walk in the evening, with lots of entertainment (bars and restaurants) nearby. Opera Garden was recommended by a friend and became our favorite hotel in Budapest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear „Julian H”,
I would like to thank you for taking your time and effort to evaluate us on Tripadvisor. It is really great to see that you enjoyed your stay in our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It makes me feel proud to read your commending words on our staff’s service. Thank you for describing them warm and helpful. It was glad to see that you could take advantage on our central location. I am really happy that you enjoyed your visit to Budapest and it would be the greatest pleasure to welcome you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great location. behind the opera house. Very central, and could get everywhere easily on foot from there. Very close to the Metro as well.

Service is so good, I felt spoiled. Everyone, from the reception desk to the servers in the breakfast area, went out of their way to assist me with anything. When I checked in, they handed me a package of city guide brochures and maps, and briefed me very professionally about the hotel. When I asked one of them about trains to Vienna, he gave me some great advice, showed me the ticket office on the map, and printed out the train schedules for me.

I was given a room on the 4th floor. The lift goes up to the 3rd and I took the stairs to the 4th, but it wasn't any trouble. The room was big and roomy, and included a kitchen and small eating area. Bathroom had l'Occitane toiletries and thick towels (even a towel heater).

Lots of options in breakfast buffet: cereals, bread, home-made yoghurt, cold cuts, cheese, etc. You can also request them to make you omelettes, porridge, or special juices. There's seating indoors and out on the courtyard if it's warm.

But what I loved are the nice little touches - free fruit available during the day, and complimentary mulled wine during the afternoon. So comforting. Then, for breakfast, they serve champagne!

I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Budapest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear „BKK83”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your 5-star rating on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you were fascinated by our staff from the front desk to the servers in the breakfast area and that they could be at your service during your stay. I was delighted to read that you concerned the location great and that you described your room big and roomy. I would like to thank you sincerely for highlighting our free touches such as the fruit, the mulled wine or the champagne at breakfast. Please let me know if I can assist you during your next visit.
Fleetwood, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We looked on TA before our recent Budapest trip and found this great place. It was good for us as we had opera tickets, so it was close by. Overall we had a fantastic stay in this nice building which consists of a central courtyard and a pleasant roof terrace. Our room was very clean, as was the standard throughtout the hotel.

I think some of the UK hotels could learn a lot from this place in terms of cleanliness and customer care. The room was great with a small cooker, fridge and microwave. Breakfast was plentifull and again well presented and a good choice. This place has nice touches, like fruit presented to take to your room, and hot mulled wine when we came in from the days adventures.

Front of house staff are accomodating, and speak good English which helps as my Hungarian was laughable!. They helped to point out local restaurants and arranged tickets for the spar baths, so a big thank you for all for your efforts.

We would not hesitate to book again as it was value for money. it is fairly central as the Opera undeground station is just on the main street. We got a 3 day transport ticket which was great value for money, so no problem getting anywhere, and lots of restaurants/bars near the hotel.

Note, they also have a little spa area and fitness room.

Dr Malc

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „DrMalc”,
I would like to thank your time you recently took to leave an excellent comment on TripAdvisor. I am always glad to read such a perfect comment about our hotel. I was happy to find out that you were pleased with the cleanness and the equipment of your room. Further, it is my pleasure to see that our free touches like the complimentary mulled wine or the fruit served every day could add some extra to your visit. I was also pleased to find out that hotel staff’s service exceeded your expectations and that they could help you with recommendations. I trust that we will have the chance to accommodate you again in the very near future.
Saint Gervais les bains
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Warm welcome from front desk set the tone immediately for a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. Rooms very good, lacking nothing, Breakfast excellent including options for dental patients avoiding dairy products. Fast wi-fi. All staff very smiley. Great location for Opera and sightseeing and shopping.
No negatives; thanks to all!

Room Tip: No comment on the 'wellness' area/spa as I did not have time to see it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Hawkins1250,
Thank you very much for sharing your fabulous review on TripAdvisor of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to read that from the first moment the staff’s could make your stay even more enjoyable. I would like to thank you for describing the breakfast excellent and highlighting the products for dental patients. Furthermore, it is my pleasure to be seen that our free wifi could be at your service during your stay. I would be more than happy if you would grant us an other visit in the future.
Volos, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We are stayed for 1 night. The hotel pays attention on guests welcoming: welcome drink sangria by lift, chocolate on the pillows, small complimentary bottle of wine with glasses on the desk with welcome card in handwriting what in these days is hardly ever.
Room: here was kitchen side with tea, coffee and goods to make a meal. A bed was comfortable. Just strange frame up around the bed. Would be more romantic if here would be suspended baldachin :) Nice bathroom.
Two level`s breakfast room in 2 levels. You can start breakfast with glass of champagne! Food is very good with variety of coffee. You can take coffee away in the paper glasses. Separate smoking area.
Very nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „Ievy_777”,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a comment of your recent experience at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on TripAdvisor. I cannot be grateful enough for all your kind words regarding our free touches such as the sangria or the champagne at breakfast. I was happy to see that the room and all the equipments met your expectations. It really makes me proud that you described the staff to be both nice and helpful. Please feel free to contact me directly should you plan a next visit to Budapest.
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Opera Garden for 2 nights in September. It is a lovely hotel in a central but quiet location. The rooms are very nicely furnished with super comfortable beds. Very clean. Free sangria in the afternoon. Breakfast is included in the room price. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They arranged for a taxi to pick us up at the train station which we missed but they were so understanding and accommodating in sending us another. Greg in particular was extremely helpful. He answered each and every question with a smile and arranged a full day tour for us so we could see as much of Budapest as possible in the short time we were there. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „galemor”
Thank you sincerely for leaving an excellent feedback on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read that you were pleased with the staff and that they could do everything to make your stay even more better with providing useful information and organizing sightseeing tour. I would be more than happy to welcome you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the not too distant future.
Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at the Opera Garden as part of a group of 8 during August whilst at the Szigit Festival (we're not camping people!).

We had two apartments, sleeping four each. They were two bedroom and very a comfortable size - enough for four adult males! Everything you need included - nice bathroom, excellent shower, well stocked, reasonable priced minibar etc.

Staff were efficient if not always smiling! However, nice touches like preparing one of our group fruit & pastries for when he left at 4am go a very long way.

There is a hot tub & sauna in the basement but it’s only open for a few hours each day and as you would imagine quite small but nice if you've been walking all day.

Good location, 5 minutes away from underground and a short walk to lots of bars, restaurants etc.

Budapest is probably one of the best cities i have visited. plenty to do, plenty to see and an excellent nightlife so suitable for couples, groups & families. Friendly people, easy to get around, cheap and very hot in summer.

Will definitely go back for a weekend to see more of it as we spent a reasonable amount of time at the festival.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear „BigBoyG”
I am glad to see that we have such guests like you who take their valuable time and post their comments on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you concerned our rooms comfortable and spacious and that you highlighted our central location to other travelers. I cannot be grateful enough for all your kind words regarding our staff. I am happy to see that they could be at your service during your stay. Regarding your comment about the wellness area let me kindly inform you that the fitness equipments can be used 24/7. Due to cleaning works we have to close the sauna and the Jacuzzi for a couple of hours during the day. I am really happy that you enjoyed your visit to Budapest and it would be the greatest pleasure to welcome you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.