“Excellent; good for dental tourists!” 5 of 5 stars

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hajos Utca 24, Budapest 1065, Hungary (Terézváros)   |
Ranked #8 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Saint Gervais les bains
“Excellent; good for dental tourists!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Warm welcome from front desk set the tone immediately for a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. Rooms very good, lacking nothing, Breakfast excellent including options for dental patients avoiding dairy products. Fast wi-fi. All staff very smiley. Great location for Opera and sightseeing and shopping.
No negatives; thanks to all!

Room Tip: No comment on the 'wellness' area/spa as I did not have time to see it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Hawkins1250,
Thank you very much for sharing your fabulous review on TripAdvisor of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to read that from the first moment the staff’s could make your stay even more enjoyable. I would like to thank you for describing the breakfast excellent and highlighting the products for dental patients. Furthermore, it is my pleasure to be seen that our free wifi could be at your service during your stay. I would be more than happy if you would grant us an other visit in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Volos, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We are stayed for 1 night. The hotel pays attention on guests welcoming: welcome drink sangria by lift, chocolate on the pillows, small complimentary bottle of wine with glasses on the desk with welcome card in handwriting what in these days is hardly ever.
Room: here was kitchen side with tea, coffee and goods to make a meal. A bed was comfortable. Just strange frame up around the bed. Would be more romantic if here would be suspended baldachin :) Nice bathroom.
Two level`s breakfast room in 2 levels. You can start breakfast with glass of champagne! Food is very good with variety of coffee. You can take coffee away in the paper glasses. Separate smoking area.
Very nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „Ievy_777”,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a comment of your recent experience at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on TripAdvisor. I cannot be grateful enough for all your kind words regarding our free touches such as the sangria or the champagne at breakfast. I was happy to see that the room and all the equipments met your expectations. It really makes me proud that you described the staff to be both nice and helpful. Please feel free to contact me directly should you plan a next visit to Budapest.
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Opera Garden for 2 nights in September. It is a lovely hotel in a central but quiet location. The rooms are very nicely furnished with super comfortable beds. Very clean. Free sangria in the afternoon. Breakfast is included in the room price. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They arranged for a taxi to pick us up at the train station which we missed but they were so understanding and accommodating in sending us another. Greg in particular was extremely helpful. He answered each and every question with a smile and arranged a full day tour for us so we could see as much of Budapest as possible in the short time we were there. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „galemor”
Thank you sincerely for leaving an excellent feedback on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read that you were pleased with the staff and that they could do everything to make your stay even more better with providing useful information and organizing sightseeing tour. I would be more than happy to welcome you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the not too distant future.
Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at the Opera Garden as part of a group of 8 during August whilst at the Szigit Festival (we're not camping people!).

We had two apartments, sleeping four each. They were two bedroom and very a comfortable size - enough for four adult males! Everything you need included - nice bathroom, excellent shower, well stocked, reasonable priced minibar etc.

Staff were efficient if not always smiling! However, nice touches like preparing one of our group fruit & pastries for when he left at 4am go a very long way.

There is a hot tub & sauna in the basement but it’s only open for a few hours each day and as you would imagine quite small but nice if you've been walking all day.

Good location, 5 minutes away from underground and a short walk to lots of bars, restaurants etc.

Budapest is probably one of the best cities i have visited. plenty to do, plenty to see and an excellent nightlife so suitable for couples, groups & families. Friendly people, easy to get around, cheap and very hot in summer.

Will definitely go back for a weekend to see more of it as we spent a reasonable amount of time at the festival.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear „BigBoyG”
I am glad to see that we have such guests like you who take their valuable time and post their comments on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you concerned our rooms comfortable and spacious and that you highlighted our central location to other travelers. I cannot be grateful enough for all your kind words regarding our staff. I am happy to see that they could be at your service during your stay. Regarding your comment about the wellness area let me kindly inform you that the fitness equipments can be used 24/7. Due to cleaning works we have to close the sauna and the Jacuzzi for a couple of hours during the day. I am really happy that you enjoyed your visit to Budapest and it would be the greatest pleasure to welcome you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Every thing was perfect in particular the the so lovely staff starting with wonderful front desk team they were so cooperative and helpful with nice smile never disappear from their faces.The level of cleaness was really good ,breakfast well organized and prapared with great staff serving you

• Stayed September 2013
Dear “Ahmed S”
First and foremost I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comment on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you were fascinated by our staff and you described them to be both cooperative and helpful. Further, I was pleased to see that the breakfast and also the cleanness of the hotel could live up to your expectations. Please feel free to contact me should you plan a next visit to Budapest.
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Delightful hotel - beautifully renovated in a central location but in a pedestrian precinct. Clean modern rooms. Perfect for the longer stay because there are kitchen facilities and the executive rooms are a nice size. The hotel was quiet -
The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful - would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear” shellysf13”,
I would like to thank you sincerely for leaving an excellent feedback on TripAdvisor. I was happy to be heard that the style and the location of the hotel met your expectations, further I was delighted to read that you found the fully equipped kitchenette useful. I was also proud to be heard that you have found the front desk staff to be both helpful and friendly. I do hope that you will grant us an other visit in the not too distant future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We plan on returning to Budapest and will certainly stay here again. Highly recommended, and here is why:

The hotel room was very nice, clean, spacious, and included a mini-kitchen and desk. The bathroom was a bit tiny, but adequate. We had a great corner view of the street, which is very quiet, especially with the insulated windows. The location didn't look perfect on a map, but once we arrived and went sight seeing we quickly realized that this location is perfect. You can walk to almost all the major tourist sights (don't miss the Museum of Terror) and the metro is just a couple of blocks. You can easily get to either major train station within 15-20 minutes on the metro.

The most pleasant surprise was the staff. They were incredible. There must have been 5 people helping serve breakfast with a smile in the pretty interior courtyard. Every morning until 11am breakfast was amazing, with just about anything you could want to eat or drink, including made to order omelettes and champagne! Fruit was available for afternoon snacks and delicious sangria in the evening. Staff had answers to every question or request, and even looked up train schedules for us. They also graciously accommodated us with a slightly late check out based on our train time. Their flexibility, service, and professionalism was greatly appreciated.

Overall a great hotel and great value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „MarknGabyV”,
I cannot be grateful enough for your kind words left on Tripadvisor. It was my pleasure to be seen how much you enjoyed your stay with us at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was really happy to see that the hotel staff’s service exceeded your expectations with answering all your questions. Further, I was glad to read you positive thoughts regarding the breakfast items and staff. Thank you for describing your room nice, clean and spacious. It is my pleasure that we could make your visit a memorable one and that you are planning to visit us again!

Been to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!