“A good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Sitges, Spain
“A good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I went there with a friend mid-March this year. The hotel reception people were as helpful as I've ever found in a hotel. The room was immaculately clean when we arrived and that standard was maintained throughout our stay. In spite of sub-zero temperatures outside the room and public rooms were warm.
Breakfast was a hot and cold buffet, with a complimentary glass of champagne for those who wanted it!
All the staff were cheerful and passed the time of day with the guests - that included cleaners as well as 'front of house' staff.
Would stay there again without any hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear”SitgesmanDavid”, I would like to thank you for your honorific comment left on Tripadvisor. I was impressed by your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was great to read that you appreciated the cleanliness of your room and the products at buffet breakfast. It also made me feel proud to read your commending words on our staff and the service we provided. I hope to have the opportunity serving you again in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in March. Had a fantastic stay. The hotel staff could not do enough for you. Breakfast was great and the location was brilliant! We would definitely stay here again! A handy tip - from the airport take the 200e bus to the last stop and then take the blue metro ( M3) to Deak ferenc ter, change to the yellow line and get off at Opera. The hotel is literally a 3 min walk from the opera house.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear”GraceC”, I would like to thank you for sharing your positive thoughts about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was a pleasure to read your appreciate words regarding our location and the buffet breakfast. I was also pleased to find out that hotel staff’s service exceeded your expectations. I truly hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future.
Imatra, Southern Finland, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

absolutely charming and worth the money. the location was perfect, right next to the opera and close to the heart of the city. a lot of traveling fourth visit to Budapest and finally found the bullseye hotel. the staff was very friendly and helpful. worth of the recommendations!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear”TanjaV”, I would like to thank you for taking your time and effort to evaluate us on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure for us to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with us. I was also delighted to find out that you concerned our location good and hotel staff to be both helpful and hospitable. I do appreciate for recommending Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments to other travelers.
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location as it is central and close to the metro and a short walk to the chain bridge and the main square where all the metro lines cross. Room was a bit small (the double bed took up all the space) and could have been cleaner I thought (stains on wall) but nothing major as I didn't stay there much anyway. The breakfast was good. Not as many hot options as in other hotels but you could order omelettes etc which was good. You can also take coffee to go which was great. Good facilities and jacuzzi and sauna were wonderful. I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear”Simran18”, Thank you for sharing your recent experience with other travelers on Tripadvisor. Your evaluation is important for us in order to improve our services and facilities at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read that you concerned our location good and enjoyed the time you spent in our wellness centre. I regret to hear that you were not totally satisfied with your room and its cleanliness. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I informed the housekeeping manager about your notice to make steps avoiding it in the future. Regarding our buffet breakfast I would appreciate if you could write us what else is missed for you from the list. I trust that you will grant us another visit when we can accommodate you in a different room that suits more to your expectations.
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great welcome, great freindly staff, great rooms, great wellness and in room massage , Overall impression , the best option to relax after a busy day , Easy reachable with Subway M3 or M1 , so can only recommend this hotel. Book direct on the site and get discounts is just a tip of advise to you all ; )

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear”GlobResTravel”, I would like to thank you for posting your excellent comment on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with all the services and facilities at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I do appreciate for recommending us to other travelers and trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Duisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had a really good time in the Opera Garden. The hotel is just at the edge of the city centre, in an area with a lot of nice restaurants and bars. Our rooms were well-equipped and clean, breakfast was really good and the service was excellent. I can really recommend this hotel for a trip to Budapest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear”Piet_13”, Thank you for placing your fantastic review about your recent stay on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to be heard that you found Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments a great place to stay and were satisfied with your room, the buffet breakfast and the service we provide. I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hotel staff can make a big difference to your stay, and in this simple little hotel the staff were exceptional. I felt welcome immediately even though I arrived late at night. The room was very comfortable and clean. It was a pity I had only one night in Budapest on this trip. However, although I like to try different hotels each time, I think I will go back to this one next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear”Rod129”, Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was a real pleasure to read that hotel staff’s service exceeded your expectations and you were also satisfied with our rooms. I truly hope that we will have an opportunity of accommodating you again for a longer period in the near future.

Been to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!