“Such a wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hajos Utca 24, Budapest 1065, Hungary (Terézváros)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free taxi transfer
Ranked #11 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
“Such a wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We arrived late on the Monday and was welcomed there was warm mulled wine to greet you an smiling staff the room were very cleans an had everything you needed in them the breckfast bar was amazing a little of everything an the staff could. Not help you enough would really recommend the jacuzzi and ste room were really goo aswell

• Stayed November 2011
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear”Toniacolin”, Thank you for sharing your excellent review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you had a great stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and were satisfied with the services we provide. I also would like to thank you for recommending us to other travelers. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a very comfortable stay at the Opera Gardens Hotel. The rooms are well appointed with a fully equipped kitchenette. All the staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is extremely clean and the rooms are serviced to the best standards. Thanks to the friendly waiters who remembered what we needed and happily supplied the correct meals after my dental implant surgery.
The hotel is very close to the Opera and all the important tourist attractions, buses and metro.
Superb value for money all round.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side are quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear”Sohrab E”, Thank you for taking your time to post your fantastic comment on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to be heard that you concerned our location good. I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with our cleanliness and hotel staff’s services exceeded your expectations. We are also well prepared for dental patients’ needs. Thank you for highlight it. I would like to thank you again for recommending us to other travelers.
Media, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Opera Garden Hotel from September 15th to the 19 of 2012. The hotel is located about two blocks from the State Opera House. While the opera was not actually performing until September 25th or so, the tour of the opera house was well worth it. Back to the Hotel. It is modern, clean and very cheery. The staff from the receptionists to the chambermaids, and the waiters in the breakfast area were extremely helpful. The hotel is built in a somewhat quirky manner. The elevator for example is outside in a central courtyard but somehow it all works. The breakfast area is tiny and set on two levels, both inside. However, there is a connected outside area that we used when the mornings were not too cool or there was no rain in sight. Our first room there was on the 2nd floor (actually the third floor in the US). It was long and narrow and we we not altogether happy in it. But since the hotel was full we were not able to make a change. The hotel loosened up a little the following night and we switched to a slightly smaller but more workable room on the 1st. floor (remember, the 2nd floor) which we were much happier with and stayed there for the remaining 3 nights. The staff was very helpful in making the change and gave us several options to consider. There was no price differential.
Breakfasts were plentiful with both hot and cold offerings. It is plainer than the big hotel chains but perfectly adequate. The hotel is on a corner with several cafe's underneath and across the street so at night there was some noise. I believe practically all the rooms face a street with noise. However the windows when closed adequately quieted the rooms. The location is about an 8-10 min walk to a metro stop (the Opera station naturally). There are lots of good restaurants within a short distance. We found a good Italian restaurant about 15 minutes walking from the hotel but there are loads of choices to be found in the neighborhood and each has traditional Hungarian entrees as well as ethnic specialties available. Back to the hotel. In summary, we enjoyed our stay at this boutique hotel with it's professional, cheerful staff and its clean lines an recommend it unreservedly.

Room Tip: Rooms we stayed in had a small kitchen and mini-bar. Prices were reasonable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear”Joel_in_PA”, I would like to thank you for taking your time and effort to share your thoughts about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on Tripadvisor. I was glad to read that you found hotel staff to be both helpful and hospitable. I was pleased to be heard that we could make your stay more comfortable with the room change. Furthermore it was also a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our buffet breakfast and all in all you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Siena, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was in 001. I had a little loft up as the bedroom with a tv. The ground floor has a tv, dining table, a small but full kitchen with a water boiler, microwave, stove, kitchenware, fridge, and a free of use safe. The icecream in the fridge looks extremely tempting but I successfully resisted them. Their wifi is free and good. The breakfast has all I love, bacon, eggs, bakery, müsli, coffee machine, tea, juice, all kinds of cheese. The random find was the hair straightener I read about on the table. They also have sauna but I didn't get the chance to use it. The location was perfect for my visit to the state opera. The receptionists were very nice. After I checked out, I came back to hang out in their lobby using their Internet while waiting for my next business. They even offered me tea while waiting. I'm absolutely in love with this place. Surely I'll come here again if I visit again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear”TDLemon1900”, I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on Tripadvisor. I was glad to read that you were satisfied your room and its amenities. It was also a pleasure to be heard that our buffet breakfast menu have met your expectations and concerned our location perfect. Moreover I was delighted to read that our colleagues could make your stay a memorable experience. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

a big YES. started with my mistake and a wrong date booked on HRS, special nonref rate.. Balazs from the hotel helped me immediately and changed the date to the proper one without any penalties. I arrived on Saturday, earlier than check in starts but was offered a room just around noon. all other details like in other reviews: nice comfortable room, clean, with a small kitchenette, big bathroom and high quality cosmetics, good WiFi, great breakfast, perfect location etc etc. I had a fantastic time and now I send all my colleagues to this hotel. oh, my number one is Kata from the reception :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear”zigWaW”, I would like to thank you for taking your time to place your honorific comment on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that we could make your stay a real experience at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was also pleased to be heard all the appreciate words regarding our services and facilities. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Hotel in a very nice location, Nice room with good service and helpful reception. The breakfast buffet includes lots of stuff - including pan fried vegetables + unlimited champagne.

Metro stop around the corner. Tram one block away.

Just one block for the Cathedral where the night life focuses. There one can buy wine by the glass (out of zillions of choices) and sit on steps of a huge Cathedral.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay, spacious and clean comfortable rooms. Location perfect and no street or traffic noise as hotel is on a pedestrianised street. Great bathroom and shower. Staff friendly. No complaints whatsoever!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!