“The Opera Garden Hotel - an excellent choice” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free taxi transfer
Ranked #11 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Scotland
“The Opera Garden Hotel - an excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I would highly recommend the Opera Garden Hotel - I stayed for a week with my sister and my three children in one of their deluxe apartments. The Hotel is very conveniently located being just a short walk from tram and metro stops. The hotel is spotlessly clean, all of the staff are extremely helpful, the buffet breakfast is perfect with plenty of choice and the complimentary sangria/mulled wine is an added bonus in the late afternoon. We enjoyed a short dip in the hotel jacuzzi in the evenings and it was great being able to make supper for in the room after a busy day in the city. The rooms are not large but it didn't detract from a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the largest apartment they have.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear”halcyonScotland”, Thank you for your honorific comment left on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that you could take advantage of the complimentary touches what Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments provides. I was also delighted to read that you concerned our location good and were satisfied with our services. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Surbiton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I can't rate this place highly enough. The rooms are roomy and spotless. Temperature control is great. bathroom is large and the decor is new looking. I had a double story room and there was a TV upstairs in the bedroom as well as downstairs where there was a sofa to watch. There is also a desk to work on if required. There were numerous english channels to watch instead of the usual news only. Facilities include a kettle, microwave, two hotplates and a fridge and a place to wash up with all the crockery and cutlery you might need and cloths to wash and dry with. There is a hairdryer. Shampoo shower gel, soap, shower cap and a small packet with earbuds and the like. There is a heated towel rail and extractor fan in the bathroom also. Comprehensive room service menu also provided. There is a wellness suite downstairs in the hotel although I didn't use it. Staff are very friendly, speak very good English and have a good knowledge of the surrounding area including places to visit and the nearest supermarket. Checkout is only at 12 so generous. Hotel is in a pedestrian only area and very close to the centre of town and walking distance from the Castle and the river. There are a number of good restaurants very close. I also found it very quiet and I am a very light sleeper. Breakfast is very generous with hot and cold food and a very big choice. Staff in the breakfast room are friendly and the whole room is spotless. Internet is provided. I will certainly go back.

Room Tip: Room 1 is double story so great if one wants to sleep while a partner wants to do things downstairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear”LindaC”, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your excellent and well detailed feedback on Tripadvisor. It was my pleasure to read your appreciate words regarding your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I truly hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back and let me know if I can assist you with any future reservation.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Booked via internet and had no idea of what to expect.Turned out to be a pleasant experience with very neat rooms with a nice decor. This is an aparthotel and hence comes with a small kitchen and so useful for families. Staff were very friendly and exuded warmth. Breakfast is nice affair and served with care. excellent wifi in rooms was a big bonus for me. Location wise , I could see quite a few nice cafes and restaurants though I did not get to explore as I away busy with meetings all day. Overall I would recommend this place strongly to families and those who want to feel welcome at a hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Dear”JilliO”, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive comment on Tripadvisor. I also appreciate for all your suggestion that will help us to improve the quality of service at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I can assure you that we make an effort to provide very good breakfast and to avoid the big queue. I will personally check daily if fruit selection is refreshed continuously. I do apologize for any inconveniences that the breakfast peak time might caused and trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Unfortunately we only had 2 nights in Budapest! But the Opera Gardens Hotel made our short stay absolutely wonderful, the staff were all very helpful and friendly and the room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast each morning was perfect.......fresh fruit salad, bacon and scrambled eggs were all just beautiful! It is also very close to lots of places to eat and also close to city centre for shopping etc... I would strongly recommend this hotel! a big thank you to all the staff!

• Stayed October 2011
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear”DebbienCraig”, Thank you for your excellent comment left on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that we could make your stay a memorable one. I am glad that you found hotel staff friendly and helpful and will share your appreciate words with them. I would like to thank you again for recommending us to other travelers.
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

This is a relly excellent apartment hotel. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment that was spacious and superbly decorated in a very contemporary style and is spotlessly clean. The apartments have all the facilities you could ask for and the complementary bottle of wine left for us on arrival was a lovely touch. The roof terrace is stunning and the spa is excellent. The breaskfast is very good with a number of choices on offer. The staff are extremely friendly and very knowledgeable of local facilities. The building itself is right in the heart of Budapest but is off of the main strip so you don't get any noise from the streets.

We would defnately recommend this hotel and would stay here again if we ever return to Budapest.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear”TropicalTraveller09”, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic comment on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you found us an excellent place to stay and were satisfied with your apartment and its cleanliness. As our aim is to reach 100% satisfaction of our guests I read with pleasure your appreciate words regarding Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and trust that we can welcome you back in the very near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Base camp for a few of us visiting Budapest for the frst time. Great central location and superb facilities. Equally impressive was the friendly service, especially as we changed our booking just a day or so before as one party dropped out.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear”AndrewCastle”, I would like to thank you for recommending us on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with the facilities of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and concerned our location great. I was also glad to read that you found hotel staff hospitable. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Nanoose Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Our room contained kitchen, modern granite tiled bathroom, two bedrooms and all mod cons. Beautifully situated in Pest, knowledgeable and helpful staff, clean and well run. Stay if you can get a room.

Room Tip: Some rooms are markedly larger than others with only marginally greater cost. Specify which you want...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear”nanooselady082”, Thank you for your fantastic review left on Tripadvisor. I was absolutely delighted to read that you were satisfied with your 2 bedrooms apartment and the cleanliness at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was also a pleasure to be heard that you found hotel staff helpful and hospitable. I was glad to read that you concerned our location good too. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.