“Great city tour” 4 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #40 of 163 Tours & Activities in Budapest
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: First in Europe!Budapest – as you can only see it with us Until now you could choose between touring our beautiful capital on four wheels or marvelling at the city from the deck of a pleasure boat. Now you don’t need to choose: RiverRide is a special sightseeing tour on which you can see the sights of Budapest from a comfortable seat, first along its busy streets, and then, from one second to the next – to the gasps of some of your fellow travellers – you splash into the lapping water of the river.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Zurich
10 attraction reviews
“Great city tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great city tour! We really got to see a lot more of the Pest city history vs what you would only see on a Danube cruise. The bus was very clean and comfortable. Going into the Danube was really neat and we cruised around for about 40 minutes. We did not visit the Buda side at all but a few places were pointed out from the Danube.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Timisoara, Romania
3 attraction reviews
“Surprising attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This trip is absolutely fantastic.
The bus (which is a cool combination between a normal bus and a boat) was really clean and the crew was excellent. The guide spoke excellent English and she presented the highlights of Budapest in a funny, interesting and exciting way. I really enjoyed her presentation and actually took notes on what she said for future references. Also, she pointed out excellent places in the city I could visit which I would easily pass by and miss. I also enjoyed the small quizz she prepared at the end of the tour, even if the prizes were totally symbolical :)
The splash in the river was really fun (I do admit that the music was a little cheesy, but still entertaining) and it allowed us to see the city from a totally different perspective.
I would totally recommend this tour, even if it is the most complete city tour you could take. It was totally worth the money and it guarantees a good time.

Visited August 2013
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Fun city tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The River ride in Budapest was a fun and cool experience. It may not be the best city tour, it's for sure unique and interesting. And the splashing point is spectacular!
Seeing the city from both the road and the river gives you the opportunity to admire it from different perspectives in a short time and the guide explains all the attractions in details, including also funny facts or jokes to keep everyone interested.

England
39 attraction reviews
“Give it a miss”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We arrived in Budapest and chose this to have a look round. Big disappointment - great if you spoke German as that made up two thirds of the commentary.

The bus was full of flies and mites and we spent the entire time trying to bat them away. At a cost of £70 I'd spend my money elsewhere.

Visited August 2013
Cascais, Portugal
“Don't miss it!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

In my last day in Budapest (1st of September) I did the river ride at 17:00 aery nd it was a choice I won't regret ever: the guide was great: spoken with a calm voice and very easy to understand, told us all historic facts and also some jokes:))
The splash point was fantastic and it was really fun...For me the best way
to see the Danube: don't miss it in your nextv trip to Budapest!!!!