“We definitely recommend it and would go back!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Actor Hotel

Save Saved
You added Actor Hotel to your Saves list
Actor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viola u.10-14., Budapest 1094, Hungary (Formerly Actor Business Hotel)   |
Ranked #118 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Aarhus, Denmark
“We definitely recommend it and would go back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We just got back from Actor hotel yesterday and had a really good experience.

The staff at the hotel was really helpful, all our questions got answered and wishes fulfilled. Before the trip, I was planning a surprise dinner to my boyfriend on the arrival - thank you, Konstantine, for a smooth and fast communication - the dinner was great!

The free shuttle to and from the airport is the best - no hassle whatsoever + it was a quick, 20min drive.

On the arrival, it was quite dark - most of the lights in the reception and around were not on (to save money?) and it didn't feel that welcoming. In the morning, it was much better and we could see it all.

Breakfast is nice with a good variety and one morning we ordered it to our room with no extra cost. Also, ironing was done on our request.

A great location - by metro, max 7min and you are in the center or by tram (which stop is even closer).

Eventhough we asked for a courtyard view which got confirmed by Konstantin, we did not get it, which was okay, as we weren't in the hotel that much anyway. Also, if you have a tablet, not a PC, then try to get a room closer to the router (so the connection is more stable).
A great spacious rooms with huge beds and big showers!

A lot of little shops and eating places around, on both right and left sides when leaving the hotel.

Thank you, Konstantin, and all the other staff - we had a great 5 nights stay and will definitely come back! :)

Room Tip: around the elevator where the router is
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Greete,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Actor Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your dining experience and your stay with us.

Please accept my deepest apologies for not receiving the requested room with courtyard view and let me provide you with an explanation of why. Accidentally the advance reserved room by me got a shower renovation early morning on your arrival day and unfortunately the ink drying time was much longer than it supposed to be and we expected, therefore my colleague had to reallocate you to an other room before half hour of your expected arrival. The remained free rooms with courtyard view were on the top floor (only rooftop rooms with small windows, which are not perfect for long stays like yours and for having a romantic candlelight dinner in it), therefore as a second option she gave you a Superior room (free upgrade) on the 5th floor away from all the other rooms to be as quiet as possible. I would like to apologize again for any inconvenience this may caused you. It certainly does not reflect the standards in which we pride ourselves here.

I am glad you will be back again, hopefully we will see you soon!

Konstantin Kovats

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Didcot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed in a triple room which was spacious and warm with a nice bathroom. The buffet breakfast was excellent and the reception staff helpful and friendly. Great location - about 5 mins walk from the nearest metro stop, less than a minute to a 24 hour supermarket and a really nice bar/coffee bar.

Room Tip: Our triple room was lovely.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear family3,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide such a positive feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service, the room, the location and you loved your stay with us.

We truly hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,
cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

A large group of us stayed at the Actor Hotel whilst in Budapest for a sports event. Hotel staff were friendly and flexible, accommodating our various needs with rooms, food, bar and printing out boarding passes for flights.

Rooms comfortable and warm, even though it was very cold outside. I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Julie,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and sharing your thoughts and experiences with the Tripadvisor Community.
It's an absolute pleasure to provide services to gracious, wonderful people like you :). Our staff takes great pride in making sure our guests have a remarkable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Maidstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We visited Hotel Actor in September 2012 and were not happy with quite a few issues during our stay. We had a very positive immediate response from Konstantin Kovorts, Online Sales Manager of Hotel Actor who promised to rectify the situation and we communicated on several occasions via email. I would like to add that I am pleased with the outcome and would definitely stay at Hotel Actor again in the future. Unfortunately I could not update the situation immediately, I had to wait until three months had expired. With best wishes to Konstantin.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Joan,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write an update about your stay after 3 months of your original review. I'm glad to see that i could manage to turn your thoughts and memories a bit to positive from negative about our hotel and it means a lot to me that you are considering to stay with us again in the future.

I truly hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Actor Hotel Budapest for a perfect stay.

I wish you all the best.

Kruševac, null, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

You can walk to city centre or drive with tram no.2 what are excellent choice. Metro are 600 step from hotel :) Food is good but me and my wife don t like merble without carpet in room.
If you choose this hotel you will not mistake because that is good value for that money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Vladimir S,

Thank you for your short, but useful and positive feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm glad to read that you found the value for money and the food great and overall our hotel met with your expectations. I admit that not everyone likes marble flooring in a hotel room, but without doubt it's so unique that it's worth a try, especially during winter season when the underfloor heating is turned on.

Thanks for staying with us, and I would be happy to welcome you back when you have the opportunity to return to Budapest.

Tubingen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at the Actor Hotel. We took advantage of the transportation to and from the airport with three nights stay and it was so convenient and fast. The breakfast had good variety and was fresh and delicious. The room was large and exceptionally clean. The beds were comfortable and the decor was clean and in excellent condition. We liked the tile in the room (carpet in hotels can get so dirty). The hotel is located about 5-10 minutes from either the metro or the tram, but more athletic guests might enjoy the ~30 minute walk into the city center via the river or more direct streets. There are several quiet bars and restaurants nearby, as well as a great street full of restaurants on the way into the center. The desk staff were friendly and helpful. We would go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Corazon20,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a truly wonderful review about your recent experience at the Actor Hotel Budapest.
I'm thrilled to hear that your interaction with our staff was great and you enjoyed your spacious room and it's cleanliness. Our guests have been kind enough to give us detailed feedback to be able to improve our breakfast selection in the right way, therefore i am extremely happy to read comments like yours.

Thank you for your amazing review again and it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again very soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I went with friends and liaised with the hotel for the free transfer by email. Communication was prompt and had no trouble to get to hotel. Rooms were spacious and clean. They was no kettle in the room and the nice lady at reception gave me a thermos of hot water. I would get this every night and felt it had become a chore for the staff. The last few days there was a lot of noise at night so it was difficult to sleep. (There was a lot of students about) I complained one night at 2am as there was lots of noise in the upstairs room. Chairs were also being dragged and it was impossible to sleep. If you go towards the right from front of hotel the city centre is closer to walk to as opposed to going the other way. The metro was close by but did not take euros. There are many eating places. From noodles to kebabs. Went to a place in the city centre and paid a lot more for not so good food. It was very cold in December but there are some amazing places to see. The hop on is a great means of travel and to see most places it also offers the boat ride. One has to be careful with taxi's as well. The price can vary considerably. The market is best place to buy gifts. Shops are expensive. some people are not willing to help so don't be surprised.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear M9shy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Actor Hotel Budapest.
I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with your room and found it spacious and clean.

Sometimes we are forced to accept student group request, unfortunately during your stay we chose the wrong, loud one as it turned out. I'm really sorry to hear that you had a couple of disturbed nights and therefore you couldn't sleep and refresh yourself well. Please accept my deepest apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused you. Rest assured that it’s not a regular occurrence – and even less so during the night. I truly hope next time you can enjoy the true peacefulness of the hotel.

Thanks for having stayed with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back for a perfect stay in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Konstantin Kovats

Been to Actor Hotel? Share your experiences!