“Comfortable, relaxed weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Actor Hotel

You added Actor Hotel to your Saves list
Actor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viola u.10-14., Budapest 1094, Hungary (Formerly Actor Business Hotel)   |
Ranked #171 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
cambridge
“Comfortable, relaxed weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

A large group of us stayed at the Actor Hotel whilst in Budapest for a sports event. Hotel staff were friendly and flexible, accommodating our various needs with rooms, food, bar and printing out boarding passes for flights.

Rooms comfortable and warm, even though it was very cold outside. I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Julie,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and sharing your thoughts and experiences with the Tripadvisor Community.
It's an absolute pleasure to provide services to gracious, wonderful people like you :). Our staff takes great pride in making sure our guests have a remarkable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Konstantin Kovats

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We visited Hotel Actor in September 2012 and were not happy with quite a few issues during our stay. We had a very positive immediate response from Konstantin Kovorts, Online Sales Manager of Hotel Actor who promised to rectify the situation and we communicated on several occasions via email. I would like to add that I am pleased with the outcome and would definitely stay at Hotel Actor again in the future. Unfortunately I could not update the situation immediately, I had to wait until three months had expired. With best wishes to Konstantin.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Joan,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write an update about your stay after 3 months of your original review. I'm glad to see that i could manage to turn your thoughts and memories a bit to positive from negative about our hotel and it means a lot to me that you are considering to stay with us again in the future.

I truly hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Actor Hotel Budapest for a perfect stay.

I wish you all the best.

Kruševac, null, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

You can walk to city centre or drive with tram no.2 what are excellent choice. Metro are 600 step from hotel :) Food is good but me and my wife don t like merble without carpet in room.
If you choose this hotel you will not mistake because that is good value for that money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Vladimir S,

Thank you for your short, but useful and positive feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm glad to read that you found the value for money and the food great and overall our hotel met with your expectations. I admit that not everyone likes marble flooring in a hotel room, but without doubt it's so unique that it's worth a try, especially during winter season when the underfloor heating is turned on.

Thanks for staying with us, and I would be happy to welcome you back when you have the opportunity to return to Budapest.

Tubingen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at the Actor Hotel. We took advantage of the transportation to and from the airport with three nights stay and it was so convenient and fast. The breakfast had good variety and was fresh and delicious. The room was large and exceptionally clean. The beds were comfortable and the decor was clean and in excellent condition. We liked the tile in the room (carpet in hotels can get so dirty). The hotel is located about 5-10 minutes from either the metro or the tram, but more athletic guests might enjoy the ~30 minute walk into the city center via the river or more direct streets. There are several quiet bars and restaurants nearby, as well as a great street full of restaurants on the way into the center. The desk staff were friendly and helpful. We would go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Corazon20,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a truly wonderful review about your recent experience at the Actor Hotel Budapest.
I'm thrilled to hear that your interaction with our staff was great and you enjoyed your spacious room and it's cleanliness. Our guests have been kind enough to give us detailed feedback to be able to improve our breakfast selection in the right way, therefore i am extremely happy to read comments like yours.

Thank you for your amazing review again and it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again very soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I went with friends and liaised with the hotel for the free transfer by email. Communication was prompt and had no trouble to get to hotel. Rooms were spacious and clean. They was no kettle in the room and the nice lady at reception gave me a thermos of hot water. I would get this every night and felt it had become a chore for the staff. The last few days there was a lot of noise at night so it was difficult to sleep. (There was a lot of students about) I complained one night at 2am as there was lots of noise in the upstairs room. Chairs were also being dragged and it was impossible to sleep. If you go towards the right from front of hotel the city centre is closer to walk to as opposed to going the other way. The metro was close by but did not take euros. There are many eating places. From noodles to kebabs. Went to a place in the city centre and paid a lot more for not so good food. It was very cold in December but there are some amazing places to see. The hop on is a great means of travel and to see most places it also offers the boat ride. One has to be careful with taxi's as well. The price can vary considerably. The market is best place to buy gifts. Shops are expensive. some people are not willing to help so don't be surprised.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear M9shy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Actor Hotel Budapest.
I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with your room and found it spacious and clean.

Sometimes we are forced to accept student group request, unfortunately during your stay we chose the wrong, loud one as it turned out. I'm really sorry to hear that you had a couple of disturbed nights and therefore you couldn't sleep and refresh yourself well. Please accept my deepest apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused you. Rest assured that it’s not a regular occurrence – and even less so during the night. I truly hope next time you can enjoy the true peacefulness of the hotel.

Thanks for having stayed with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back for a perfect stay in the near future.

Warmest regards,
BENFLEET
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We loved Budapest and the hotel and had a very enjoyable time. The food was amazing, we researched on trip advisor beforehand and every meal was very nice, some amazing. (trofea grills/cafe gianmario (careful their pepperoni is peppers) u26 bistro and Ket Szerecsen were amazing and cheap you have to go there if in Budapest. We want to return sometime in the future so if we do we shall stay with Actor again after a great stay and the free airport shuttle ;) special Thanks to Konstantin (Hotel Manager) for the john bull pub to watch my football team as that was literally the only place showing it, i was searching all week in every pub i see so thank you very much to you and everyone at Actor. Hopefully we will see you sometime in the future.

best regards

Ritchie & Kat

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Ritchie & Kat,

I’m very happy to read such a wonderful feedback from your visit last November. Our goal is to provide each guest with exceptional service and to ensure that each and every guest stay with us is a most pleasant and memorable one. I am delighted to learn that we are headed on the right path.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this comment and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Actor Hotel Budapest in the not too distant future.

P.A
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Visit to this hotel was very enjoyable. There was only one person at the front desk but was very helpful in checking us in and also took care of our baggage as well. I assume she was the manager or owner. Room and everything was good.
Only thing to complain is that when we checked our early morning around 5 am. We ask the guy working at the front desk if there is any coffee available to drink. He said he can make for us and he did. Then he ask about in US $ 4 for a cup of coffee and I was surprised. If I know if this coffee is was for $4 I would have skip it, I thought it was free the way he was offering. I think it is my fault as well that I did not make sure before asking.
Other than this everything was excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We truly appreciate receiving your positive review of Actor Hotel Budapest on Tripadvisor, especially after 1 year of your stay with us. It's wonderful to see that you still remember to us and took your time to grant us with your kind words.
I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by the misunderstanding with my colleague at the front desk regarding the coffee offer. Just for the record let me correct you that the US $ 4 was for 2 cup of coffee (one cup of coffee cost in our hotel 450 HUF which is around $ 2).

We are very pleased to know that you had an excellent and enjoyable stay with us.

I and our staff wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and we look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back again.