“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eurostars Budapest Center

You added Eurostars Budapest Center to your Saves list
Eurostars Budapest Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kossuth Lajos Utca, 7-9, Budapest, Hungary (Belváros-Lipótváros)   |
Ranked #48 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brazil
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Located in downtown, near the white bridge, it is comfortable, clean and modern - not those old usual hotels of Europe. Easy to go anywhere and plus, ask the reception for a free map of the city.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Nice hotel, very friendly staff, nice breakfast but tiny rooms (at least th one I got). Very nicely located close to everything and the metro station is not far from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Stockport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Centrally located hotel 5mins walk from the Great Synagogue, 10mins from Elisabeth Bridge, <20mins walk to St Peter's Basilica. Metro stations, bus and tram stops nearby for trips further afield. Friendly service and good facilities - extra large double bed, efficient a/c and minbar, very clean room. Stayed from Tuesday until Saturday and rates were very good value.

Solihull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Centrally situated, within easy reach of the River Danube and several tourist attractions. No rooms with a view (other than nearby rooftops from Floor 9) This is a modern business hotel with large comfortable rooms. Two small lifts for the 9 Floors - Big problem if a coach party arrives.
Breakfast fine - Plan to dine out for other meals - several reasonably priced eateries close by.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Great location, very nice and modern room, big bed, decent breakfast, reasonable price. One of the best 4 starts hotel I've ever stayed (and Itravel a lot)

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Very clean and large comfortable rooms.Perfect breakfast with a big variety of food to choose.2 Metro lines very close that you can use to go everywhere.A few minutes by foot to Vaci Uca the main road where you can walk,eat and drink.Friendly and helpful stuff.I will certainly come back.Everyhting was perfect!!!

Room Tip: Any room you choose is good
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

My girlfriend and I (we're both in our mid-twenties) stayed at this hotel at the beginning of August 2011.

HOTEL & ROOMS
The hotel's location is not as great as that of much more expensive hotels at the Danube promenade, but you can reach the river in 10 minutes.

The hotel is quite beautiful, with a very stylish lobby and modern rooms. The bed was huge (albeit a bit short for me, because I'm relatively tall) and very comfortable. A bit disappointing were the (two per person) pillows, because they were relatively small. In the room was a little flyer advertising the hotel's special service: 4 different styles (hardness, etc.) of pillows with Hollywood actors' names. I ordered one Audrey Hepburn and one Marilyn Monroe. In the evening, they were still not there. In the morning I called again, and they said they would get me those pillows. However, in the late afternoon, still no pillows. I called again and they finally told me they had a full house and therefore could not provide anymore pillows, not even standard ones. A bit disappointing.

We sadly had no view but some kind of atrium (the lobby's windowed roof) and other hotel windows.

The bathroom was good except for the floor heating which you apparently can't turn off when the lights are on, very annoying in August.

The A/C was a joke, sadly. Even on maximum (out of 3 settings), the room still was 23°C. Maybe it was broken, though it seemed to be working.

Free wireless Internet, but the connection speed was ridiculously slow (very low signal quality on iPhone 3Gs and iPad 1).

FOOD AND SERVICE
Breakfast was very good, even though the breakfast room was a bit cramped. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but serves tapas in the bar and offers room service. On our third night, we ordered two steaks and Greek yoghurt for dessert. The barkeeper told us it would take 30 minutes. After waiting for about 75 minutes, I called downstairs and they assured me it would take only a few more minutes. 20 minutes later, I went downstairs and the the female barkeeper told me her colleague had just went up. On return in the room, the food was indeed there, but it was really, really cold (not a bit cooled down, but as if it had been standing in the kitchen for an hours, which it probably had). I called them again, and they said they would send someone up. I again waited almost ten minutes, then walked down with one plate to give it to the barkeeper (at this point, we had been waiting for about 2 hours). He looked kind of annoyed, as if not to be embarrassed in front of the other customers (who were eating their tacos, so there must have been some activity in the kitchen), which, in turn, I found quite annoying, because I was the one who had been waiting for a long time and then got cold food. I then went back to the room and a waiter brought ONE new plate (because I had only brought down ONE ...). I again called downstairs, and finally some manager guy (Enrico, I think, who was EXTREMELY friendly) brought us a new (second) plate and also the brownie dessert, as well as a bottle of Hungarian sparkling wine (which actually was one of the best I have ever drunk). He then assured us everything would be free of charge. Great, or so we thought, because I tried the food, and while the steak (also my girlfriend's) was perfect, my (not hers) potatoes were LITERALLY still frozen inside (I'm guessing they pre-cooked them earlier and then just reheated them in the microwave, but not long enough). I called room service again, but no one answered, so I called the reception and asked for Enrico, but the woman told me he was not there, which annoyed me quite a bit because he had been in our room about 2 minutes earlier. I told her that and she reluctantly gave me the manager. He apologized a thousand times and I simply asked for some bread, not trusting the chef's skills anymore. He personally brought it up and apologized again. Again, he was super-friendly, unlike the barkeeper who seemed embarrassed by my presence or the receptionist. On check-out, everything was indeed free of charge.

More generally, staff was not very friendly, except for Enrico and one male and one female receptionist. Staff was slow to set tables at breakfast and seemingly didn't mind huge and sticky marmalade stains, so we had to tell them twice to please change the table cloth.

CONCLUSION
Great hotel at a great value (the prices we got, at least) if you don't mind sleeping in rooms that are too warm (likely not a problem when it's not summer) or like to order food to your room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a streetview if you want to see more than a glassy atrium (not sure about the no...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Eurostars Budapest Center? Share your experiences!