“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Borsso Bistro

Borsso Bistro
Kiralyi Pal u. 14, Budapest 1053, Hungary (Belváros-Lipótváros)
+36 1 789 0975
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 1,794 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: French, Hungarian
Neighborhood: Belváros-Lipótváros
Description: A cozy and charming bistro in the heart of Budapest. French-hungarian cuisine, excellent reviews about the kitchen,and the presence of the owners all the time. Live jazz music every weekend!
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Lovely restaurant recommended by our hotel. I had a rib eye steak and it was the best one i have ever had. We had 2 courses and a bottle of wine and it cost about £40. I would definately go back again it was superb.

• Polish first
Prague, Czech Republic
“Third visit in three years, still great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I visited the restaurant for the third time in three years, first on a date, second time with family, third time with a business partner/friend. It catered to all occasions perfectly. Great food, great service, really cozy place. Go there, try the modern hungarian cuisine at its best.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Sublime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This has to rate as one of the best meals I have ever had!

Downstairs was full when we arrived so we sat on a balcony table, we hadn't made a reservation but our waiter was extremely friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough to make our meal perfect. He was very informative about the menu and we were each given a complimentary amuse bouche of duck breast on polenta to start our meal. It was mouth watering!

We had homemade bread and my partner had lager to drink whilst I had a fruity type lemonade.

I chose Pork Wellington with colourful potato which was delicious, it didn't look a large portion when it arrived but it was the perfect size! My partner had the Beef Cheeks which were also delicious and again the perfect size portion.

For dessert I had Quince Charlotte which was out of this world and thoroughly recommended.

The meal for the two of us came to approximately £47 which included the tip/service charge.

Had we had more time in Budapest we would definitely have come here again. Five star service at, in my opinion, a five star Bistro.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A place wish leaves nothing to be desired”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a journey through the greatest taste of food. The menu is readily comprehensible, but every single dish we ordered was outstanding! The quality regardless of wether it was meat or Fish was superb as well as the Choice of wine you are recommended to carefully select prior. The culmination was the desert a Heaven like cream with a warm apple tarte; you have to try this so over all it was an amazing evening because of the great service and this unique atmosphere

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable - but not over-special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a balcony table which was preferable to the downstairs IMO. The service was attentive and more than adequate. All of the staff spoke English well enough to be able to deal with our enquiries and orders.

The food; I had the pumpkin soup for a starter and my Partner had the fish soup. The portions were a little on the small side - but we enjoyed what we had.

Similarly with the main courses. I had the chicken with polenta and my Partner had the rib-eye steak. Neither main course was on anything like a large portion - however the food was good and filling.

For desert I took a portion of blue-cheese which came with a slice of quince jelly and a glass of desert wine. My Partner chose the apple-pie with butterscotch sauce. To be honest - these two deserts were the best part of the entire meal for us both. The cheese desert was a very well put-together dish and the apple-pie was a decent portion which was hot and filling.

We had no alcohol - only local water and diet coke - and the bill came to just over £55.

For what we had I would say that this restaurant was a little on the costly side compared to others. Nevertheless the food was of a good quality, well presented even if the portions weren't all that substantial. It's somewhere where I 'might' go again.

Visited March 2013