“Disturbing Management” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Trendy Deluxe Apartments

You added Trendy Deluxe Apartments to your Saves list
Trendy Deluxe Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Kiraly utca 8-10., Budapest 1061, Hungary (Terézváros)   |
Ranked #20 of 508 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Disturbing Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I originally wrote an even-handed review citing the great apartment and location but also mentioning that very often the office is closed during business hours and no one is on duty for assistance. Unfortunately that caused the manager to begin e-mailing me with threats and verbal abuse. We had booked the property for four nights but when we arrived I explained we could only stay three nights. The manager very nicely allowed us to do that and when we checked out we were indeed charged for three nights. Well, after reading my initial review the manager wrote me and said he was going to charge me for the fourth night because of my review! I immediately cancelled my credit card and he then wrote me that if I deleted my TripAdvisor review he would not charge me!! I reported him to TripAdvisor and booking.com but of course I don't know what happened after that. He did e-mail me two more times and called me a "bad person" and a "liar" after I mentioned that on one particular day my husband and I had gone to the office five or six times to try to get a rack to dry our clothes on, but no one was ever in the office. He felt it was silly to complain about not getting a rack, but the point was I wasted a day trying to get it. My husband went to the office at 9 AM to request the rack (which should have been in the room) and the manager said he would bring it up shortly, so I waited in the room. Every couple of hours I would go to the office to see if he was there, but he wasn't. Finally when my husband returned around 4:30 PM we both went to the office and he was there. At that point he admitted he'd forgotten about it and immediately went to get it for us. I write all this so potential guests can beware of a manager who writes threatening e-mails and tries to extort money. Though the apartment is wonderful and the location terrific, I would definitely cross this place off your list of potential sites. No one's vacation should be ruined by poor and disturbing management.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
naish1, Manager at Trendy Deluxe Apartments, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Patricia,

Thank you for your newest review. You are writing very nice stories, but the problem is that they are not true.
We were very kind with you during your stay, we parked your car because you were not able to, allowed you to stay 3 nights instead of 4, organised a lot of things, printed out several documents. We asked nothing for these. We made only one mistake, you did not get the drying rack immediately, maybe you were waiting for 2 hours, not more.
I am really sorry that the lack of the drying rack for 2 hours caused this issue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Trendy hotel is a very nice hotel. Honestly, you feel like home when you enter the hotel. it is about apartments with everything inside it. Living area, bed room(s), kitchen with full equipment, a bathroom and a toilet (separated), closet & a nice balcony.

We arrived on the 18th August to find (Boogy) waiting for us in the street, she was very welcoming and showed us all facilities. The Location is spectacular, very busy area, very near to the main Metro station, a bakery, a 24 hours supermarket and another BIG supermarket also, food, cafes, the basilica, Starbucks, Costa cafe & Ice cream shops.

Near from the Danube (10 minutes) and from Vaci Street which is a very famous non-sleeping street. Maybe the only thing that I really mention to have some improvements is the flies but they cant do anything about it as the weather was full of those tiny creators in August.

They don't offer breakfast but you can buy all your needs from those 2 supermarkets mentioned earlier.

Will I go again to TDA? for sure I will, specially that the kids loved it so much
HH

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We arrived around 1.00 a.m.and were met by a member of staff and shown to our apartment. We were very disappointed that there was no balcony but the next day we were moved to another apartment with a balcony without any problem. The reception staff were very helpful throughout our stay. The apartment was very well furnished and equipped and the location is excellent. The airport transfers were very well arranged. We had a great week in Budapest during a heatwave of extremely hot weather when the air-conditioning was a huge benefit and we really enjoyed having the balcony.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TepliczkyF, Guest Relations Manager at Trendy Deluxe Apartments, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Julia,

Thank You for your kind review. We are very glad to read that you were satisfied with our apartments and services. Thank You for highlighting the excellent location, and our well-equiped apartments. It was really nice to read that You consider our staff helpful. We always try to do our best. We hope, next time You choose us again.

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Can not rate this place highly enough...great location, looks exactly as it does in the pictures and the staff (Fanni in particular) are so helpful. Room 710 is very quiet yet is located near the bar and restaurant quarter. The air conditioning

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TepliczkyF, Guest Relations Manager at Trendy Deluxe Apartments, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Helen,

Thank You for your nice review. We are really glad to read that You had a nice stay with us. Thank you for mentioning that our guests get the same that they required and highlighting that our apartments are quiet, nice and well-located. It was a huge pleasure to read that You were satisfied with the work of the staff. We welcome You back!

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were trying to chose between trendy deluxe and 7 seasons apartments which are both in the same building complex - we chose trendy cos it was better value for money. From the day we enquired, the staff was super helpful - in providing us details, changing the booking from a double room apartment to the penthouse (as we had added a few more people to the travel group at a later stage) arranging transport for pick and drops it was all perfect!
The location is fantastic - two minutes walk to the main transport hub (deak ferenc), 5 mins to the basilica (& its restaurants eateries) and 10 mins to the river. Theres a grocery store just across the road. The staff arranged for a cab to and from the railway station.
The penthouse - was just amazing! 2 large bedrooms (one had an attached sitout balcony) and one small bedroom and a living dining kitchen area which leads to the large terrace which has a view of the basilica (esp nice at night when it's lit up!!) ! The morning sun streams into the living dining kitchen area and onto the terrace which made the morning tea coffee blissful! The apartment was neat clean & so was the linen and the kitchen was well equipped.
One odd thing abt the apartment layout was the bathrooms - 2 baths and one toilet/wash basin were all lined up adjacent to each other on one side of the main corridor inside the apartment (the bedrooms on the opposite side of the same corridor) - none of them were attached to any of the bedrooms. We struggled with operating the washing machine - it wouldn't spin dry the clothes. And there was a bit of a drainage prob in one of the baths. But nothing major that scarred our stay!
The crowd at the common entrance to the building is a bit shady - cos of the presence of the nightclub there. But no incident occurred that compromised safety/security. Neither did the noise from the street ever reach the apartment.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
TepliczkyF, Guest Relations Manager at Trendy Deluxe Apartments, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Puneet,
Thank You for your review and the helpful feedbacks. We are glad You had a nice time here and you felt comfortable in our apartment. We really appreciate that you highlight the good location and and the helpful service. We always try to do our best and make your stay as pleasant as we can. We hope next time You choose Trendy Deluxe Apartments again.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The trendy deluxe apartment is located within 5 min walk to the Deak ferenc Ter metro station which is near the hub linking all 3 metro lines. There is a 24/7 supermarket right across the street and another bigger one CBA supermarket around the corner in 3 min walk. There are many restaurants nearby.

After reading other reviews, I requested a higher floor and we stayed at B710 apartment in June 2013. It is a 2 bedroom apartment with good size patio and view. The apartment is not facing the street to avoid the street noises. When we stayed there, it was 93F. With air-conditioning and windows close, we hardly hear any noises outside. The manager/reception was nice and provided many helpful info. Also their emails respond were fast. Instead of taxi, we took M3 metro to Kobanya-Kispest metro station and then 200E bus to airport. For the family, I purchased 24 hour group pass which has already covering the airport trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear PngHop,

Thank You for your great review. We are really glad that You were satisfied with our apartment and service. We appreciate that You mentioned our central location and helpful staff. The Trendy Deluxe Apartments welcomes You back!

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed in apartment #408 when we visited Budapest. This apartment is in a perfect location. We were able to walk to the 3 metro lines which will give you access to any place in the city! The apartment was spacious and tastefully decorated. We had a full kitchen, patio, and a washer in the bathroom! I slept on the couch that pulled out to a bed and it was very comfortable. They replace your towels after 2 nights. It was extremely hot when we were visiting Budapest and the air conditioner was great! The office was very helpful too. As soon as I booked the apartment, I received an email with detailed directions about finding the office. The directions were perfect and it was easy to find! This is a great value for the location and space! I highly recommend this apartment to anyone visiting Budapest!

Room Tip: Apartment #408 is fabulous!