“Amazing!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #136 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Calgary,Alberta
“Amazing!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

After about 8 bad hotels in a row, this was heaven. This hotel is beautiful, it's clean, service is a 10/10, the inc breakfast was amazing, beds were good, the most important was the wifi which was full 3 bars from inside the room. We were shocked how good the hotel was and were waiting for a catch lol. Parking is also free. It's about 10 minutes from the main square which is nothing. I would stay in this hotel all the time

• Stayed June 2013
ExpoCongress2009, Front Office Manager at Expo Congress Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Polak,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the Expo Congress Hotel.
We appreciate that you highlighted our complimentary services!
Thank you again for your time and valuable feedback.
Hope you will give us a second chance the next time you plan a visit to Hungary!

Best regards,

Gergely Bobák

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed there for three nights and I was really satisfied with everything! Highlight: the breakfast! The only bad thing is that it's a little far from the metro station (about 10-minute walk). We were allowed to use the Spa and Fitness Centre for free and the Sky bar offered a great view and great coctails!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Trajce_MK,

Thank you very much for your feedback!
We are happy that you had a very good experience at the Expo Congress Hotel.
It is our pleasure to know you enjoyed our facilities and services.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was there for 3 nights and had a very good experience. Nice and very helpful staff, excellent breakfast. Rooms are fine and clean. The location is good and the parking is free. The nearest metro station is on 20 min walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ExpoCongress2009, Front Office Manager at Expo Congress Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear travelwriter1234,

We are very happy to read you kind words of our Hotel’s services!

We hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back
at the Expo Congress Hotel.

Kind regards,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

sprawling mass hotel with no character. sky bar? never opened, spa? never opened, service? absolutely terrible. another 10 years and they still will not learn what customer service means.menu? same every night.rooms are nice very clean but sorry thats it i dont think i can say any more without being vulgar.DONT STAY HERE.!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
expodirector, Front Office Manager at Expo Congress Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Travelwriter1234,

Thank you for staying with us at the Expo Congress Hotel.
Your feedback is very important to us, and your comment is a base for a further improvement of our service. We regret to learn that you were not totally satisfied with our servises. Please accept our apologise for the caused inconvenciences.
Thank you so much that you taking time to shared your experiences on Tripadvisor, and hope that we are able to welcoming you back at the Expo Congress Hotel in the near future and you will give us the opportunity to better serve you.

Yours Sincerely,
Emese Papp
Front Desk Manager
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was there for 2 nights. The room was very clean, the pushed together king size was a bit of a stretch, but I was traveling alone, so that was not a problem, if you are on a romantic trip, that may be a problem, if you understand what I mean.

The bathroom was very nicely made, looked very modern, and was nearly as clean as the rest of the room. Maybe house keeping should close the door while IN the bathroom to catch every corner. What really got the -1 star was the hot water situation in the evening. here was no hot water! I called the desk and have been told that because many people arrived in the same time it will take about 20 minutes to get hot water again. It proofed to take closer to 90 minutes and I am really sorry, that is not MY problem that many people arrived at the same time, but the Hotels.

I have a serious problem with the Microfiber filled pillows one can find in so many hotel these days, these lump pieces are a nightmare to sleep on/with. Please dear Hotel owners, they maybe be cheaper, but they are HORRIBLE!

The breakfast value was exceptional. There was a serious variety of cold cuts and the quality of those were very good. Same for the cheeses and the sweet variety. The coffee option was very badly solved with a machine that a. gave you a espresso sized coffee and b. it took a long time to get even that. Cues were long, and many times they were out of cups. These problems are easily fixable. The breakfast restaurant was very very busy at times and it proofed to be difficult to find place. One word about the "take away from the breakfast room situation". It seems like that people were taking food out of the breakfast buffet to their room or fixed themselves some sandwiches for the road. The reaction of the Hotel was to hand signs stating they would make anyone pay 13Euros per person who did that. First, the language used to make that clear was more then rude, and the grammar in English and German questionable.
I did understand it because I do speak Hungarian. I have to tell you that in every Hotel I have ever been, on the way out of the breakfast room I had a piece or two of fruit on me from the breakfast buffet. Always! No one ever tried to charge me for that. Nor did this Hotel, but if they would have tried, I would have fought this battle. Honestly dear Management. Do you really need this kind of low blows? Are you sure this "rule" would stand in a court of law? It is bad style and there are other ways to deal with this then hard worded signs.

The extras, like the Hot Tub, Sauna and Gym upstairs were looking fantastic. The Hot Tub was under chlorided (I have one myself and I know if water is foamy and the smell of chlor is strong, there is chloride missing, yes many people think if you smell it its to much, but it is the other way around).

The Skybar had a fantastic view over the town, simply outstanding! Prices were a bit high given the location, but hey, JOLO, right?

The employees were all in all pleasant to deal with and very helpful, since I left/forgot my medication in the fridge, they did whatever they could to store it for me and had itready for pick up some days later when I came back (Thank you again!)

All in all a very good Hotel and for prices around 50Euro/60$ including breakfast a very good deal.

Some people complained about transportation, in about 10 miniutes you can walk to the Zuglo/Pillango Street Metro station. The surrounding is reasonable safe even at night.
Taxis are usually reasonable in Budapest, but you have to be careful, I admit that.

So, fix the Hot water, get rid of the weird breakfast regulations signs and I will give you 5 stars when I am back. Yes I will be back and stand to my words.

Room Tip: I am pretty sure that most rooms are the same. Givethem a call, many times direct rates are better t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Varna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Pros: Business hotel, location is good, subway station near-by, very good breakfast, fast internet (free), staff is excellent, car parking in front of the hotel..
Cons:Only one TV station in English, the shower deluged the floor of the bathroom despite the glass shelter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We rooms are very nice, big and comfortable, we had a very good sleep.The location is not very good but we where passing by Budapest so for us was ok .The breakfast is ok , typical they can improve a little!! We eat in the restaurant dinner and was very good and normal price.Wifi free in all hotel.At the last level a vey nice bar with a very nice view over Budapest.We recommend !!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Expo Congress Hotel? Share your experiences!