“A comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Three Corners Hotel Bristol

You added The Three Corners Hotel Bristol to your Saves list
The Three Corners Hotel Bristol
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1081 Budapest, Kenyermezo utca 4, Budapest H - 1081, Hungary (Formerly Hotel Bristol)   |
Ranked #73 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cambridge
“A comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three nights. Very clean and comfortable. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Only food available is breakfast but there are a good selection of restaurants nearby. A good base to see the city so long as you don't mind walking. Hop on hop off bus is a good idea but last one leaves the city centre at 3.00pm. Beware of taxi drivers on the street. We were forewarned about the fact they would overcharge but one other guest at the hotel was caught out. It is best to call a taxi or get the hotel,or restaurant to call you one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear "suejohnson 1112"

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Boutique Hotel Bristol for your stay.
I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us.

Thank you for your kind words.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Boutique Hotel Bristol**** in the future.

Kindest regards,

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just got back from 3 days in this wonderful city. The Hotel Bristol was our base and we were delighted. The room was very clean, wooden floor (laminate?) was lovely, much better than well used, grubby carpet. Our room had a good shower rather than a bath which was fine and the bathroom was clean and modern. Breakfast was very good, cooked and continental on offer. My only suggestion would be to take tea bags if you are a tea addict like me. Throughout Budapest, we mainly found only fruit teas and I must admit I did miss my frequent cuppas. Coffee, though excellent, at breakfast doesn't quite do it for me!
The staff were lovely, Stephen on reception was so helpful and polite and gave us great tips.
To get to the hotel from the airport is very easy- buy tickets at the sweet shop on the way out of the airport, 200E bus to Kobanya-Kispet, Blue Metro Line M3 to Deak Ferenec Ter, Red Metro M2 Ors Veser ter direction. 3 stops and get out at Keleti Palyaudvar. With your back to the station walk along the left hand road (road works there Mar 18 ) the hotel is the 3rd street on the left and also there is a Hotel Bristol sign just before the turning. It should take you 5 minutes. One very strange thing was the walk from the hotel to the Metro seemed much shorter than vice versa. Most odd! We bought a 72 hour metro/public transport ticket from the Metro station which we used lots. Just over 4.000Huffs. It even includes travel to and from the airport. The transport system is just brilliant, very efficient. Another tip would be to take a plastic cover for your Metro ticket. You have to show it a lot and it is only a small bit of thinnish paper, A plastic card holder on a lanyard would be perfect!
Thank you everyone at the Hotel Bristol. We wouldn't hesitate coming back.

Room Tip: We just took pot luck and it was fine. We had room 207
Dear "pollyantlus"

Thank you very much for your positive and kind review.

I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. This kind of reviews give us always a new inspiration to do all of our bests for our guests.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Four of us booked a short break in Budapest and the Bristol Hotel exceded all expectations. Modern, comfortable rooms with good bathrooms. Housekeeping was excellent and all the staff attentive and helpful.
The breakfast buffet was generous and provided a good variety of both hot and cold items.
Importantly, both the rooms and the public areas had a strong, free Wi-Fi signal.
The hotel was well located for sightseeing, being about a 20 minute walk to the Danube and 5 minutes from the Metro.
While staying there, be sure to have dinner at Rosenstein's Restaurant for superbIy prepared Hungarian dishes. It's a 5 or10 minute walk from the hotel and well worth it

Dear "jmw45",

I am extremely happy to read your praising words of our hotel’s facilities and services!

In case your travel plans brings you back to Budapest, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Thank you again for your positive comment.

surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with a travelzoo booking. I was so so impressed with the hotel. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and the room was lovely. We were lucky enough to get a gorgeous suite with a huge balcony overlooking the atrium for myself, my husband and our baby daughter. The bathroom was really luxurious and everything was spotlessly clean. Literally could not find a speck of dirt!

We contacted the hotel ahead of time to arrange a travel cot but was still pleasantly surprised by the shiny new travel cot made available to us, and the extra effort that seemed to have been made by staff to provide a lovely little quilt and pillow for the cot as well.

The breakfast was absolutely delicious but the only downside was that lots of the warm food had run out by the time we got down there - not even that late - between 8.30 and 9am. Considering breakfast runs til 10.30am that was a little frustrating.

Another point to make is that the duvets are very very thin and small and we got quite cold so we asked for extra blankets, however the staff did not have access to them and we were told if we want blankets we would need to ask in the morning. This was a bit annoying as we arrived in the evening on our first night there so obviously couldn't ask in the morning. So we had a bit of a cold night.

What is an excellent hotel and service could be improved just with those tiny details, everything else was brilliant.

• Stayed March 2013
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear "suzychad"

I would like to thank you for your fantastic comment left on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that you concerned our location good and were satisfied with your room including its amenities and cleanliness. I was also pleased to be heard that hotel staff’s service exceeded your expectations.

I would be absolutely delighted to accommodate you again in the very near future.

Bideford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here 9-12 March with my daughter, mother and father, it was a Travel Zoo holiday so I was a bit worried, but read some reviews on here and felt a bit better. Our first drama was my mother left her passport in the taxi from the airport, the receptionist, Balach, (I hope that I have spelt that right) sorted it out for us, phoned the company and who returned the passport. I had emailed the hotel a week before our holiday to request 2 twin rooms and tea and coffee making facilities in the room, which was all taken care of. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable and very quiet, being just of of the main road, there is none of the traffic niose that you would expect in a capital city. The breakfast was excellent, something for everyone, even my fussy family, and plenty of it. Balach gave us some excellent advice on where to eat, Dirty Freds was very good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, we felt very safe and looked after.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear "sharons2941971",

Thank you very much for your lovely review! We are all very pleased that your first stay with us was so pleasurable and satisfying.

It is so heartwarming when guests can say that the staff was helpful, professional and polite.

Many thanks for your review on Tripadvisor.com and thank you for highly recommending us.
We hope you return to stay with us again in the future!

Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here 8-11 Mar for a weekend with friends. The hotel was perfect as a base to work from to explore the fantastic city of Budapest. The staff were fantastic, friendly and always available to help when required. We requested the tea/coffee facilities for the room and they were delivered immediately. The rooms are nice and comfortable, with underfloor heating in the bathrooms which were immaculate. There is a safe in the room to secure your valuables. The breakfast was excellent and enough to fill you up prior to spending the whole day exploring Budapest. The times for breakfast were excellent (0800-1000) so you could lie in if required. The only negative is that the drinks at the bar were very expensive (even at happy hour), however, its a hotel so what do you expect? There are a few bars around the corner with cheaper prices so I would advise going there. Budapest as a whole is relatively cheap compared to other capital cities. A good place to eat (approx £15 each inc drinks) is Huzzars just around the corner which gives you a true Hungarian menu to choose from. It was excellent. This was a holiday booked through Travelzoo which was excellent value for money, the hotel was excellent, the city magnificent, the people so very kind and as a city weekend break with friends..perfect! I reccommend Budapest to everyone, its only 2hours by plane so easy to get to.

Room Tip: 211 was perfect
Dear JimH 1664",

Thank you very much for your very good review. We all happy to read positive comments about our hotel! I really hope that your opinion will help others to choose our hotel so thank you very much for your time to post your comments.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I have recently returned from a 3 night stay in Budapest. We booked using Clear Sky Holidays and were very impressed as evrything was as it should be!
I emailed the hotel the day before we arrived as I noticed that smoking was permitted in some rooms and we wanted to avoid this at all costs. They replied almost immediately and said this would be no problem. We had room 312 which is really quite large and very quiet. The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. It has a large sofa and ample wardrobe space. The only thing I didn't like and I hasten to add that it didn't bother my wife at all, is the fact that the duvets are single and barely cover the bed but this does seem to be more of a trend when abroad especially when two single beds are put together. That said the bed itself was very comfortable. The bathroom was also spotlessly clean and the shower both powerful and hot. Bit of a task to stop the water from going over the floor as the shower head is situated in the middle of the bath and it's a bit difficult to keep it aiming at the "head end" of the bath. Tea and coffee is provided in the room when requested but be warned it comes with honey and there is no milk! TIP. Grab a small jug of milk when at breakfast and pop it in the cooled mini bar in the room. There was a varied selection at breakfast but stocks being replenished is a bit hit and miss! I waited a full 10 minutes for a fried egg but when it arrived there were two and were delivered to my table. The staff, without exception, are fantastic and will go to any length to help you. A couple of examples are; we arrived at 6.30 on Saturday evening and asked about a restaurant(the hotel does not have a restaurant for evening meals), they made a call to The Rosenstein Vendeglo(I will review this separately) and we had a table booked for 8.00, they did something similar for another restaurant on Sunday evening, also they gave us great advice regarding Memento Park and arranged a taxi to get us there. The hotel is not in the centre of Budapest but is a pleasant 15 minute walk away. We absolutely loved Budapest and would not hesitate to stay at the Hotel Bristol when we return. Thanks to everyone at the hotel.

Room Tip: The whole of the third floor is non smoking and room 312 is a large quiet room off the main corridor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "chris-rosy",

I would like to thank you for your fantastic feedback placed on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Boutique Hotel Bristol****. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with our services, staff and your room.
It also makes me feel proud to find out your commending words on our staff’s service. I am glad that we could make your stay a memorable experience.
Please let me know if I can assist you with any future reservation and trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Director of Sales

Been to The Three Corners Hotel Bristol? Share your experiences!