“Appalling service on day one!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Three Corners Hotel Bristol

You added The Three Corners Hotel Bristol to your Saves list
The Three Corners Hotel Bristol
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1081 Budapest, Kenyermezo utca 4, Budapest H - 1081, Hungary (Formerly Hotel Bristol)   |
Ranked #73 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Appalling service on day one!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I booked into this hotel earlier today, on arrival I was disappointed that I could not get either a meal or snack in the hotel as I didn't want to go back out I requested a coffee / tea tray which I understand can be provided free of charge on request. After check in I waited for one and a half hours then went back to the reception to ask how much longer I would be waiting for the tray, the guy on reception seem put out that I was asking again but reassured me I would have it within 10 mins , another hour passed I went to reception yet again only to be told by another gentleman that a try was not available , I told him that I had waited since I checked in for a coffee . He then offered to make me a coffee which would be charged to my room. This is outrageous if the tray was
brought to my room as requested I would not be charged.

This is the first of seven nights I really hope the service improves as I'm am due to return to Budapest several times this year I was hoping this would be where I was going to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear "Queenie 3060",

Thank you very much for your time to leave a comment to the TripAdvisor travellers about your recent stay in our hotel.

I regret to learn that our hotel did not meet your expectations in one apect. Let me ensure you about that we are already working hard on solving the mentioned promblems.
I hope that in spite of your mixed experience we will have the opportunity to welcoming you to our Boutique Hotel Bristol**** again, please feel free to contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband and two friends. We booked this as part of a Travelzoo deal so we didn't pick the hotel out of choice, but we weren't disappointed.

Beforehand I contacted the hotel confirming that we would like a double room and a twin room and they replied quickly confirming that was possible. They also sent us information on the shuttle option which we decided to use just for ease. It cost us €55 between four of us and a lady was at the airport as expected to collect us.

When we arrived at the hotel we were pleasantly surprised with the rooms, although a little small it was perfectly functional and clean. We only had a shower, but it was really powerful and the heated floor in the bathroom was a real luxury.

As others have mentioned having 2 single duvets on a double bed is a little strange and if it wasn't for that I probably would have given the room 5 stars.

The breakfast was also a very good spread with cooked (fry up) breakfast, breads, cooked meat and cheese as week as fruit, yoghurt and cereals.

They don't have any English Breakfast tea, but you can ask for a free tea tray for use in your room.

The staff were all very helpful and spoke very good English. I would definitely recommend staying here, there are a couple of buses that run past on the main road into the city centre or it's a 15-20 mins walk.

• Stayed February 2013
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear "ashulton",

I am extremely happy to read you praising words of our hotel’s facilities and services!

In case your travel plans brings you back to Budapest, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Thank you again for your comment.

Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed as 3 couples for 3 nights. Lovey warm welcome from friendly staff. Rooms were also warm which was great as it was on the cold side. Rooms were fine, clean, comfortable with everything you need, even tea & coffee facilities(heated bathroom floor came in handy for drying stuff) Breakfast offered wide range of cold and cooked, fruit & yogurts etc. You'd have to be on a very special diet not to be able to find something to eat!The hotel is a good walk away from the centre, plenty of transport though, but we were able to walk even when it snowed all day, just added to the experience. Reception staff gave good advice regarding restaurants & booked taxis for us (not expensive).As other reviews suggest it is a good choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear "gazjan28",

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Boutique Hotel Bristol. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with your room, location and our staff.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here with friends for a 3 night girls break. Both our rooms were nice, clean, comfortable and spacious! Buffet breakfast was great with a good selection available! Reception staff were really helpful, and spoke good English, they booked a spa for us and a taxi back to the airport. Only slight down side is the location, as its a good 40 minute walk into the centre but there is a metro stop a 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear "Abby090",

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Boutique Hotel Bristol****. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your time here.
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in Budapest soon.

Kindest regards,

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at the Bristol hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Arrived quite early so couldn't check in straight away but staff were more than helpful and informed us when the room would be ready and stored our luggage for us.

All staff were extremely helpful in assisting us with points of interest, reserving tables for dinner and purchasing tickets for the tour bus and baths, which was much appreciated in an unknown city.

Our room was spacious, decorated modernly and considering the outside temperature was quite brisk it was more than welcoming to return to a warm room. The beds were comfortable, if you required any additional items then a quick call down to reception and the requests were dealt with swiftly. Over the 3 nights we found the hotel quiet and there was little noise to be heard from other guests.

The breakfast included in the price was an added bonus and it meant we could get fuelled for the day plus it runs until 11.00 am which is certainly generous times especially if you wanted a later breakfast.

The hotel is in an excellent location with lots of amenities around. The main area and shopping street Vaci Utca is about a 25 minute walk but it is a pleasant stroll and it's a good way to familiarise yourself with the surrounding area. As a point of interest if you are wanting to do the tour bus then the stop is just opposite on the main road. Come out of the hotel turn right onto the main road cross at the lights and look for bus stop 7 it's near the public bus stops.

Overall I thought the Bristol hotel was a perfect base to enjoy a city break and would definitely recommend this to fellow travellers.

Thank you for a great stay!!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear "Annoymus25",

would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your nice comments on Tripadvisor following your stay in Boutique Hotel Bristol**** Budapest. We are very glad to read positive remarks concerning the location and the helpful hotel staff. We will certainly forward your nice words to our colleagues.

We would be very glad to welcome you back in the future.

Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just returned from staying 3 nights in the Bristol Boutique Hotel and had a great time. The hotel is modern and well equipped with a free sauna in the basement. Our room, 312, was more a suite with a sofa, table and chairs, desk and a great bathroom with a large bath. The whole room was spacious and very comfortable. Breakfast is great with hot and cold choices. The location is ideal for exploring all of Budapests sights on foot. There are local bars and restaurants within 5 - 10 minutes walk. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "SurreyKeith"

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Boutique Hotel Bristol****. Thank you for your nice words about our hotel, staff and the location I do hope to welcoming you back to the Boutique Hotel Bristol**** Budapest.

Kindest regards,

Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel offers clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff and decent breakfast. However, room size was quite small for 4star hotel, and the smell from bathroom mentioned in other reviewes annoyed us a little bit. But in genral, keeping in mind the price we payd the hotel provided excellent value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "asu 1980",

Director of Sales

Been to The Three Corners Hotel Bristol? Share your experiences!