“Great value for money and great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Europa Centerpoint Budapest

You added Europa Centerpoint Budapest to your Saves list
Europa Centerpoint Budapest
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Jozsef korut 2 | Blaha Lujza ter, Budapest 1088, Hungary   |
Ranked #20 of 160 Budapest B&B and Inns
Gurgaon
“Great value for money and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were there for 4 nights and this was one of the best possible hotels for the budget traveller. It was right above the metro station, just one stop away from the main train station and two stops away from the main squares and the river bank. Awesome location. The size of the room was a bit tiny but it was clean and they gave us a bottle of wine complimentary on arrival, which was a nice unexpected surprise. The people in the reception were all young, very friendly and fluent in English. The day we reached, my wife went down with fever and the girl at the reception, Julia, helped in letting us know where we could find a doctor and some medicines. She also gave us some complimentary honey sachets, which was very sweet. The Hotel was in a 150 year old building with a nice internal courtyard with a garden and a statue. The room had large windows that overlooked a wide street and the citadel in the horizon. The room also had an electric kettle and a nice compact but functional and clean bathroom. Overall a great stay and we would chose it again if we have to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I absolutely loved this hotel, it was in an old building on one of the top floors. It was great value for money and the location was good. The rooms were nicely decorated and very clean. We were given a bottle of wine on our arrival which I think won us over straight away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Perfect location for using public transport but terribly noisy. Clean and cosy rooms. Very friendly staff willing to help you in any problem concerning your visit in the city. Overall, good choice for stay in Budapest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Timisoara, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nice staff, good services, quite central, where all the fun is during day and night, best prices! I really loved to spend my time in Budapest in Europa Centerpoint Guesthouse Hotel. Solve the problem with electricity! It went down 2-3 times, for not more than 10-15 min, but, in rest, everything was excellent! Anyhow, it is excelent as a budget for a Family of 2/Couple.Thank You!!!

Room Tip: You'll not escape of sun, doesn't matter what room you choose (during summer)! But there is...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was in a tight spot and needed a place to stay for three nights when my travel plans unexpectedly changed. I picked this hostel because it was the cheapest option I came across. I figure I would be in a ten person room and would be experiencing the scariest nights of my life. I couldn't of been more wrong. I knew I made a good choice when they sent me an email offering me a shuttle from the airport and warning me about unfair exchange rates. To my surprise, the cheap room I reserved was actually a single room with its own private bathroom. There was a working TV, excellent wifi, and option air conditioning which was a life saver in the Budapest summer. The service was very good too. They gave me directions to the hostel over the phone when I got lost, spoke excellent english, and gave me a complimentary bottle of wine when I arrived. For all those travelers worried about scary european hostel, this is the complete opposite. It is also located right across from a main tram and metro station.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
wolverhampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was really pleased with this place when you arrive it looks like you have walked into a hostel in a block of apartments. Reception is on the 4th floor so is a bit of a trek. The man on reception was lovely though and could not do enough for us. He explained that the room was not quite ready so while it was being sorted he was telling my husband about the area and check out times etc.

The room was quite cosy with lamps, drink making facilities and a fridge. Had hair dryer plenty of towels and extra bedding and was a very comfortable stay.

The only downside to this place is if your on the front by the main road the traffic is very loud and does not stop all night. For the money this place was a fab find.

Room Tip: avoid main road side as its very loud
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Astoria oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Difficult at first to find, the hotel is on two floors of its building. However, the location is perfect. Everything is close, with bus and tram just down stairs.
Excellent restaraunts and eateries, bakeries close.
My room newly refurbished.
I had booked one week, and stayed two.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Europa Centerpoint Budapest? Share your experiences!